Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kamal SinghalYour feedback matters!
Cushing’s syndrome occurs due to abnormally high levels of the hormone cortisol. This can happen for a variety of reasons. The most common cause is overuse of corticosteroid medications.
Your adrenal glands produce cortisol. It helps with a number of your body’s functions, including:
regulating blood pressure and the cardiovascular system
reducing the immune system’s inflammatory response
converting carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into energy
balancing the effects of insulin
responding to stress
Your body may produce high levels of cortisol for a variety of reasons, including:
high stress levels, including stress related to an acute illness, surgery, injury, or pregnancy, especially in the final trimester
depression, panic disorders, or high levels of emotional stress
The most common cause of Cushing’s syndrome is the use of corticosteroid medications, such as prednisone, in high doses for a long period. High doses of injectable steroids for treatment of back pain can also cause this syndrome.
Other causes include:
a pituitary gland tumor in which the pituitary gland releases too much adrenocorticotropic hormone, which is also known as Cushing’s disease
ectopic ACTH syndrome, which causes tumors that usually occur in the lung, pancreas, thyroid, or thymus gland
an adrenal gland abnormality or tumor
Symptoms of Cushing’s Syndrome:
The most common symptoms of this condition are:
- weight gain
- fatty deposits, especially in the midsection, the face and between the shoulders and the upper back (causing a buffalo hump)
- purple stretch marks on the breasts, arms, abdomen, and thighs
- thinning skin that bruises easily
- skin injuries that are slow to heal
- muscle weakness
- increased thirst
- increased urination
- bone loss
- an increased incidence of infections
Women may also notice extra facial and body hair, as well as absent or irregular menstruation.
Men may also have:
- erectile dysfunction
- a loss of sexual interest
- decreased fertility
Children with this condition are generally obese and have a slower rate of growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
This happened to me twice or thrice I have missed period for 10 to 12 days doctor suggest to do bhcg once I done b4 getting d report my periods start pls suggest what is d actual problem? Is my blood circulation is not proper?
I am 17 years old I had 6 doses of regestrone 5 mg tablets my dose finished on 13 n the doctor said I will get periods by 23 I had sexual intercourse on 15 mar will it effect my periods.
If you are middle aged and can feel pain in your joints and can see them get inflamed and turn red, chances are that you suffer from rheumatoid arthritis. An early diagnosis can help control it through medication, lifestyle changes and exercise.
Exercise is one of the most important aspects of the treatment of this disease. Exercise has many benefits for a rheumatoid arthritis patient. Some of these are:
- Increased flexibility: Exercise helps relieve the stiffness caused by the disease and keeps your joints flexible.
- Stronger muscles and bones: This helps strengthen the muscles that support joints. It also helps strengthen bones by making them denser and thus preventing fractures.
- Pain management: When you exercise, the joints are kept flexible and the pain associated with moving them is reduced.
- A healthier heart: Rheumatoid arthritis increases the risk of suffering from heart disease. By exercising regularly, the heart muscles are kept healthy and there are lowered chances of heart diseases.
- More energy: Exercising boosts energy production, helps you sleep better and makes you a happier person.
Before you begin exercising consult your doctor to see what kind of exercises are suitable for you and what should be avoided.
Your exercise plan should cover these three points:
- Cardio: Avoid high impact exercises like running on paved roads and instead create a low impact exercise routine for yourself. Walking, swimming and cycling are good forms of exercise to increase your heart rate. Try and exercise for 30 minutes a day.
- Flexibility: Exercise is the only way to fight stiffness in joints. Do gentle stretches that are relaxing and do not hurt. Stretching a good way to warm up before cardio but should never be hurried. If a muscle starts paining while you re stretching it, stop immediately.
- Strength training: This sort of exercise helps build muscle strength and can be done in a gym or at home. Lifting hand held weights, working with resistance bands and using your own weight to create resistance are some ways of strength training. Start by doing these exercises every alternate day. As your muscles get stronger, you can increase the number of sets of each exercise. Avoid heavy weight lifting. The important part of exercising is to be regular. Exercising with a friend can help you stay motivated. Setting goals for yourself in terms of number of hours a week can also help keep you moving.
I am 37 year old lady, hypothyroidic on 125 mcg thyronorm, I have small pimple on inner labia of vagina, and extremely itching, and white discharge for 5 years, remedy please.
If I have pcod means what is the problems I'l face? How can I reduce that quickly in simple normal herbal way?
If I had a skipping. Is this helpful for my body fat. And any harmful effects to mu ovary by doing skipping rope? And what are the things I done before do a skipping?
I am 22 year old female and I am married. I had fracture of L3 L4 L5 S1 S2 and had internal fixation done. The surgery was done before 1year. The fracture is United. I am able to walk and do regular activities. Can I have sexual contact with my husband with the implant?
I am 30 year old female. I am married since three years I am trying to get conceived from past 2 and half year but all effort are in vain, always I got a disappointment. My all test are done even including HCG which is also ok, no tubes problem. What I have from start a irregular period. My periods always come late may b PCOS. My husband also gone for test and his reports are also ok. What should I do for pregnancy. Pls suggest. Should I go for IUI.
Hi am Anjali, a 30 yrs old married girl. Earlier I used to have regular but very painful periods and got my chocolate cyst (9cm) of left every operated in march 2013. Had taken Lu pride injection and had no periods till 7th months of my operation. Doctor had suggested for immediate conception after resuming of my periods but I could not conceive so far. The pain remained the same after my operation also and I used to take" Super spas" I again consulted a gynecologist on 21st September 2015. I got my sonography done and again have 2 cm cyst in left ovary only. Medication are on. I am taking" Productive F" tablet after breakfast n" Ovigyn DSR n overall G" after dinner. Doctor has said that the cyst will be dissolved with these medicines but she did not assure me. She also said that because of the cyst I am not conceiving though I am getting regular periods. When I asked the doctor that what is my right ovary doing. She said that right ovary also might have small cysts which could not be diagnosed in sonography. please suggest. Thanks.
Hi Im 20 years old girl.Im facing a problem of irregular periods since 2 months.The last time I had my periods was in december.Im not involved in any sexual activities and totally sporting my virginity. I take good diet but still facing this problem.Please suggest me with solution because this is resulting me with small breakouts on my face and even weight gain on my stomach and abdomen area.Please Help!
Schizophrenia is a mental illness characterized by disordered thinking, delusions (fixed beliefs that are odd or highly unusual), and hallucinations (hearing sounds and seeing things that don’t exist for others). One of western medical opinion has found that there is chemical balance in the brains of schizophrenics is different from that of people without schizophrenia (CHEMICAL IMBALANCE). Cupping therapy on the back is mainly directed to the central line (spinal nerves and parasympathetic nerves) and the sympathetic nerves beside it and cupping centre on head may be have results in chemical balance.
General and localized effects of this therapy strengthen the healing power against disease and, together with a healthy diet and psychotherapy, cure or prevent disease completely.
Here i am not saying to give any promise, its just my observation on some suffering patients and results. As schizophrenia may have multiple causes behind the sufferer so can be treated according to cause and with others medication too. But my view in such cases is that symptoms treatment should be given preference compare to cause.