Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamal Kanth
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Kamal KanthYour feedback matters!
I am having an infection in my throat so what should I do and what should I say I can't even open my mouth can't even eat and talk.
Now a days I suffering from fever and feel fully weakness so I want to know what's the reason and its solution?
Does homeopathy really works? Or it is just placebo for satisfaction? Why do home doctors give different dosage forms such as sugar pills on morning and night and tablet on evening, powder on every week. Why so? I am having pcod and I am taking homoeo medicine. Sugar pills on morning and night. Tasteless tablet on evening and powder on every week. Why so? How do they work? Please clarify.
What is best way to stop the urinary leak? I am an 18 year old muslim guy and I have the problem of urine leak. And I cannot perform the prayers orderly with this problem. Please help me out with preventive measures.
Sir namaste I have a problem that these days my head becomes very cold and due to this some time have to wear cap even the environment temperature is high please suggest me what it should be.
Hello sir my problem is my sex time is 2 min only I am 31 year old please write the tablet name r any tip pls pls pls.
The movement between bones and muscles is possible due to the fluid filled sacs that enable smooth gliding of the bones. When there is an inflammation of these sacs, condition known as bursitis results, leading to friction, reduced movement, painful movement, discomfort, and irritation.
Some of the common causes of bursitis include age, which brings along reduced elasticity of the tendons and ligaments. Additionally, sudden injury to the bursa area, repetitive stress, overuse of the ligaments or tendons, incorrect posture, and improper exercise can all lead to bursitis.
The most commonly affected parts are the elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, and ankles. The dull, aching pain that ensues is accompanied by stiffness. Movement can worsen this pain. The area can be red, hot, and swollen indicating infection. Whatever the area affected, some of the common ways to manage bursitis pain are listed below.
- Rest: As soon as bursitis is identified, the area must be rested. As noted, in most cases, repetitive stress and injury is the most common cause, and resting the area really helps.
- Ice only: If bursitis is happening for the first time, then an ice pack alone should help reduce the pain in 1 to 2 days.
- Ice and moist heat: If it is happening repeatedly, then alternating moist heat and ice for 15 minutes each will help. This can be done two to three times a day.
- Anti-inflammatories: In most cases, if rest and topical therapy are not working, then the regular anti-inflammatory agents may be given.
- Physical Therapy: In some cases, mild exercises can help reduce inflammation and pain.
- DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide): This clear, colorless, oily liquid is made from wood pulp and helps in reducing the inflammation caused by bursitis. A 70% DMSO mixture can be applied with cotton on the affected area 3 times a day for 3 days, then 2 times a day for the next 3 days, and then 1 time a day for the next 3 days. If there is no improvement in the first 3 days, it needs to be discontinued.
- Foods to remove calcium deposits: In a number of cases, bursitis that is present for months or years is worsened due to the calcium deposits. Foods like apple cider vinegar can help dissolve the calcium deposits that could have formed in the bursa.
- Steroids: Local injections of corticosteroids may be necessary in some cases. Though inflammation can be curtailed with this, there is always the fear of hampered immunity and altered sugar levels.
- Surgical drainage: In very rare cases, the bursa may need to be surgically drained.
Bursitis is a very common issue and can be managed easily as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!