Lybrate.com has top trusted Occupational Therapists from across India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Kamal AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My brother has some problem in his shoulder. It just freezes his shoulder movement and pains a lot and he finds himself unable to move his hand due to severe pain. Whenever this happens, it takes almost an hour to pain to come down and allow him to move his hand. What can be the cause and how it can be cured.
I have pain in my left hand, I m a gym goer and I eat kfc chicken which have contained monosodium glutamate is it the reason for my suffering or also I think that due to sleeping in left side. Suggest me how can I get rid of it.
As I work in cafe I have to stand for 5 hours so what should I do so that my legs will not pain. I do not have any addiction please answer me regarding my leg pain. What should I do?
Hello doctors . I am having a pain in my right inner thigh close to the joint in groin area. I do not know water its in the nerve or in bone. I was doing burpies and felt that pain is there anything serious.
I have pain in my legs when I stand for a couple of hours. It hurts during sleeping. Can suggest a remedy?
Hey I am rajkumar from Bhopal. My ques is that. In some time my leg are very pain. And also I tried very short time. please give me my ans.
My mom is 47 year old. She is suffering neck and arm pain for 2 years. We go neurology and orthopedic doctors and take their medicine but his pain is not complete fine than I go a neuro ortho physiotherapist and the neck paim is solve but the shoulder pain is same. Please give me a medicine name for shoulder pain.
Hi, I am 20 years old my weight is 39kg. I want to gain weight and and I always feel sick. And my legs start paining because of weakness and I always have cough and cold.
Hi Doctor I having pain in my foot and continuously sleeping, problem in last 2 days, my age 30 and my weight is 68.
A shoulder dislocation occurs when the bones of the upper arm snap out of your shoulder blade, generally after suffering a major injury. The joints of the shoulder are the most flexible body joints, thereby, making them more prone to dislocation. In most of the cases, a dislocated shoulder can be fixed within a few weeks’ time with the help of proper diagnosis. There is a high chance of suffering from dislocations over and over again. A dislocated shoulder, if not treated immediately, can lead to further complications such as damage to the blood vessels and nerve around the affected area or tearing of the associated muscles or ligaments.
What can cause a shoulder dislocation?
You can experience a dislocation in your shoulder joints due to the following reasons:
- Shoulder dislocation can occur if you play any kind of contact sports such as football or hockey and get injured while playing.
- You are more susceptible to a dislocated shoulder if the sports or physical activities you engage in regularly involve the risk of suffering from falls such as gymnastics or volleyball.
- A dislocated shoulder is a common occurrence if you have suffered a major motor vehicle accident that might have affected your shoulder.
- You can also suffer from a dislocated shoulder if you have survived a fall in the recent past such as tripping from a ladder or similar injuries.
Symptoms of a dislocated shoulder
You are suffering from a dislocated shoulder if you exhibit the following signs and symptoms:
- Abnormal enlargement of the affected area or bruising Severe pain around the shoulder area due to a recurrent muscle spasm in the shoulder joints
- Extreme pain while moving the joint
- A sense of numbness or a tingling sensation near the affected area, for example, in areas around the neck or the arm
- Visibly deformed shoulder joints
- Depending upon the intensity of the pain, the doctor might implement a general manoeuvre procedure to relocate your shoulder bones.
After the procedure is conducted, you will feel your pain significantly reducing. Your doctor can also recommend you to wear a sling around your shoulder area to regulate the movement of the shoulder joints for the first few days to about 3 weeks, depending upon the intensity of the pain.
Treatment for shoulder dislocation
The treatment for shoulder dislocation depends on the severity of the injury. The following treatments can be implemented with suggestion from the doctors:
- If its first episode of shoulder dislocation, usually closed reduction followed by rehabilitation is sufficient.
- In case when patient is younger than 20 years or in cases with bony injury, surgery is recommended.
- If you had recurrent instances of dislocated shoulders, your doctor might suggest a surgery.
- Recurrent dislocations cause more and more damage to glenoid part of scapula and humeral head.
Type of surgery required changes from simple surgery to more difficult surgery with number of dislocations. In cases of simple capsulo-labral damage, capsulolabral repair is sufficient. In cases with loss of bone from humeral head (Hillsachs Lesion), Remplissage surgery is required additionally. When glenoid bone also is deficient of bone, bony reconstruction of glenoid becomes necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.