Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalpana Kumar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana KumarYour feedback matters!
Sir my GF is 18 yr old and we had unprotected sex on 29th and his period came on 2nd as usual but from next month it came at 7th and 12th of next month but in next 3rd month her periods not came upto 25th is it normal or any problem?
I'm 25 years old suffering form PCOD since 4 years. Is homeopathic treatment good to my problem? I'm in irregular periods.
In vitro fertilisation, commonly known as IVF, is the process of fertilising single or multiple eggs outside the body. This treatment can be performed by either using your own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm or sometimes both. The resulting embryos are evaluated for quality and then one or more of them are positioned properly in the uterus through the cervix. IVF is regarded as one of the most commonly opted treatment plans, and it accounts for more than 99% of assisted reproductive technology processes.
Who are suitable for IVF?
IVF can be helpful for you in case you have some issues with the egg quality or ovulation, fallopian tubes that are blocked in some way or endometriosis. It can also help you get pregnant if your partner has reduced sperm count or there is some problem with motility or morphology of sperms. About 1.5% of babies in the United States are conceived through the IVF process.
How does IVF work?
There are several steps through which IVF process works and the timeline follows the following steps:
- Stimulation for ovary: You will have to take a special kind of fertility drug for 8 to 14 days near the start of your menstruation cycle. This drug aids in the stimulation of your ovaries for developing multiple mature eggs to fertilise instead of a single one. You may also need to take an artificial hormone-like cetrofelix and leuprolide for keeping your body from releasing eggs very early.
- Development of follicle: When you are under all these medications, you will have to visit your doctor’s office often for checking the hormone levels as well as ultrasound measurements for the ovaries.
- Getting the trigger shot: Once the follicles are ready, you are likely to receive a trigger shot, which is an injection causing the eggs for maturing fully and becoming capable of being fertilised. Your eggs are ready for being retrieved after about 36 hours of receiving this shot.
- Gathering the eggs: At this stage, you are likely to receive an anaesthetic drug. Ultrasound probe is then inserted through the vagina for aspirating the follicles. Normally, about 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved through the insertion of a thin needle.
- Fertilization: This is the most vital step, where an embryologist is going to examine the eggs before they are combined with the sperm and incubated overnight. Fertilization happens at this particular time, but abnormal eggs are not fertilized. Fertilised embryos start developing in the laboratory and then the embryos are transferred inside the uterine cavity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am having fever in last 8 days but the fever comes in the evening only and not increased from 100. Blood urine and vidal is normal. Doctor did all 12 organ sonography it is also normal. What I do.
Hi, I have been diagnosed with Fibroadenoma with a 6 mm simple cyst. I know it is not alarming but I am feeling discomfort in my breast with some pain sometimes and don't want to get it operations. No family history of breast cancer but I am always thinking about it. Can I trust to cure it with proper Yoga. Please help. Thanks!
I am 26 yrs female. After my miscarriage, I have late menstruation period, stomach pain and less bleeding flow. What should I do?
Uterine fibroids, also referred to as uterine myomas) are non-cancerous tumors that grow within the muscle tissue of the uterus. As many as 20% to 50% women between the age group of 18 to 40 suffer from the condition, but not all cases warrant treatment.
It may be as tiny as a coin or it may grow to the size of a watermelon, making people think the lady is 6/7 months pregnant! There may be one big fibroid or several small ones.
Though the exact causes are not known, family history and hormonal imbalances are said to be the main causes for the same.
Types of Uterine Fibroids
The four types are:
- Subserosal uterine fibroids: Develops outside the uterus and continues to grow.
- Intramural uterine fibroids: The most common type that lead to pregnancy like tummy. They develop within the uterus wall and continue to expand.
- Submucosal uterine fibroids: Because these develop within the uterus lining, they are most likely to be the cause of heavy flow during periods.
- Pedunculated uterine fibroids: These grow on the inner or outer side of a small stalk connecting to the uterus.
- An enlarged uterus is the most common symptom. It is often mistaken for general weight gain or pregnancy.
- Prolonged and painful menstrual cycle, that is many times irregular.
- Urinary incontinence and constant urge to urinate.
- Pelvic pressure.
- Pressure on the bowels leading to constipation.
- Pain during intercourse.
If you find out that you have fibroids during an examination or if you consult a doctor with any of these symptoms, they will most likely ask for an ultrasound or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) which will confirm the type of fibroid and the extent of your problem. Treatment includes non-invasive-focused ultrasound surgery.
Treatment with Homeopathy:
One of the best advantages of choosing Homeopathy is that it works without side effects. It addresses the issue rather than the symptom. A surgical procedure mentioned in general treatment does remove the fibroids but there is no guarantee that they won't grow back as the underlying issue of hormonal imbalance remains.
During a clinical study of the effects of Homeopathy on fibroids, 85% patients showed improvement and 48% people had complete fibroid removal.
Treatment: There are medicines in Homeopathy that can treat uterine fibroids, cervical fibroids and help maintain normal hormonal balance in females.
I am pregnant and now it's 62 days over. I had consulted gynecologist and she gave Folvite tablets 5 mg to intake after breakfast in the morning. And also told me to take blood and urine test. In my report, they found out that my sugar level was 112 at fasting and I also have Thyroid of TSH level 5.52. Now for thyroid they have prescribed Eltroxin 25 mcg tablet in the morning in empty stomach. Can you please advise whether can I take both tablets Eltroxin before 1 hr to food and Folvite after my food in the morning itself. Is this safe to have. And also please advise me about my Thyroid and sugar levels, is it too high or moderate or low. Kindly advise accordingly. Thank you.
While alcohol and drug addiction are commonplace, sexual addiction is also a real problem. This addiction can affect men and women. In many cases, this type of addiction lasts for months before it is diagnosed. A sex addict is a person who uses casual sex to relieve anxiety, tension, feelings of loneliness etc. In some cases, people can get so obsessed with sexual activities and thoughts that it affects their day to day life. This addiction can involve activities that are considered normal and healthy or be focused on activities that are socially frowned upon. It can manifest itself in the form of one night stands, engaging with prostitutes, watching porn excessively etc. Thankfully, as with any other kind of addiction, sexual addiction can be treated.
It is not easy to diagnose a sex addict as this form of addiction has many stages. Some of the symptoms a sex addict professional looks out for are:
Intense sexual urges.
Abnormal sexual activities.
Difficulty connecting with people emotionally.
The use of sex as an escape from uncomfortable situations etc.
Irresponsible sexual behaviour.
Hence, the first step to coping with sexual addiction is for the patient to visit a doctor and accept that he or she has a problem. Many addicts do not realise they have a problem and lie to both themselves and their partners about the addiction. For example, most sexual addicts tell themselves that they watch porn only occasionally and that is simply harmless fun.
Once diagnosed, an addict needs positive motivation. Humiliation or looking down on the person because of his or her habits may worsen the situation instead of helping the person. Overcoming an addiction to pornography, voyeurism, phone sex, compulsive masturbation etc require intense effort and for this the person needs to feel that the people around him support him.
The patient and his loved ones also need to recognise the symptoms of the addiction. For example, if a person tends to watch pornography at night, he needs to ensure that he is occupied with something else until the urge to watch it goes away. In achieving this he may need the help of the people he lives with.
In some cases, psychotherapy may also be required to treat sexual addicts. This can be in the form of both inpatient and outpatient treatment programs. Psychotherapy takes the form of both one on one counselling sessions and group exercises. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sexual Health issues not just affect our body, but affect our state of mind as well. Many sexual problems may plague men and women the world over, at different phases of their lives. From infertility and impotence with premature ejaculation to complete lack of libido and even pain during intercourse, there are a number of problems that may require immediate diagnosis and sexual treatment so as to promote a more sexually fit being.
Read on to know more about what kind of sexual treatment can make a person sexually fit.
- Low libido: Lack of sexual interest or lack of sex drive can be treated with the help of an analysis of any other medication you may be taking, which could lead to side effects such as this condition. This includes anti depressants and even hypertension drugs. Also, there may be low level of sex hormones in body which also plays a major role in erection and sexual desire of a person. So one can use counselling and consultation with a sexologist to examine the state of one's sexual problem and level of stress so as to help in treating the problem more efficiently by your doctor.
- Premature ejaculation: This problem is growing as a major concern in most of the men at the time of their physical relationships making a impact of unsatisfying sex with their partners. This condition can be originated from various psychological and physiological causes as of weakness in muscles and nerves of sexual organs due to past bad history of mastrubation,thinning of semen quality and quantity, stress, anxiety, depression, etc., so this problem should be recognised and to be consulted with a sexologist to cure it at a right time before it affects the relationship and satisfaction between two partners or couples.
- Low erection/delayed erection:This problem is also depleting most of the men in today's scenario. Due to some weakness in muscles and nerves of penis-no erection,low erection or delayed erection is a problem of concern at the time of any sexual relationship.it too has various reasons of age, diabetes, any local trauma, stress, low sex hormones and physical factors. So this problem should be recognised and to be consulted with a sexologist to cure it at a right time before it affects the relationship and create stress for the man on his potentials with his partner.
- Pain during intercourse: This issue can be fixed with a variety of tools. One of the foremost treatment methods is to treat symptoms like dryness in the vagina with the help of lubricants and topical creams. Also, one can go in for physical therapy that will strengthen the pelvic floor. This also includes exercises like Kegels.
Vaginal inflammation in such cases can also be cured with the help of steroids. And, in case there are any infections, than creams and antibiotics can treat the same. It is important to understand your symptoms and see a doctor about treating the same at the earliest.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!