Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalpana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KalpanaYour feedback matters!
I am a 30 year old male, recently I two blood tests with one week time interval between them, in the first test my Uric acid was high (8.2), also I had Mucus and blood in my urine on the first test, yesterday I took a second blood test and no blood and mucus were reported in my urinalysis. I am a moderate smoker, I have also had this mild discomfort in my right side of stomach under the ribs for two months now. I did sonography of liver, gallbladder, both kidneys and bladder and they were normal. Any advice would be appreciated.
My wife 26 week day pregnant. Amniotic fluid 6-7. placenta grade 1 + & fundo posterior placenta. .her hemoglobin 8.5 mg. Fetal heart rate is 161 bpm. Is it bad for my baby & wife? Please suggest me if there is trouble.
How to get normal delivery? What are the terms and conditions following in pregnancy time? How to calculate egg formation period? How to identify chromosome releasing. Guide me. I would like to plan my pregnancy.
Many people suffer from a low libido problem. This can be a problem for their partners as well as for themselves. A low sex drive can also reduce one's self esteem and confidence. In severe cases it also leads to depression.
Factors which cause low sex drive:
- Sexual problems: Many sexual problems also lead to a low sex drive. An inability to experience orgasm even after a lot of attempts can make one indifferent to sex. Some people also experience pain because of a tight vagina. In such cases their desire to have sex reduces greatly.
- Medical diseases: Many medical conditions also affects your libido, such as cancer, arthritis, blood sugar (diabetes), artery diseases, high blood pressure and neurological diseases.
- Medications: Some people suffer from depression and anxiety disorders. To get over these disorders most doctors prescribe them antidepressants and anti-anxiety pills, these medications create a very low libido.
- Habits: Many lifestyle habits such as over-consumption of alcohol can make your sex drive reduce a lot. Smoking also decreases the blood flow in your body which may make your libido fall.
- Surgery: Reconstructive surgeries such as breast reconstruction surgery and genital tract surgery can also affect sexual desire and give your body signals to not engage in an intercourse.
- Fatigue: Tiredness because of physical activities or caring for your old parents or young children can also make you uninterested in sex. Your body and brain might not have the energy to engage in an intercourse due to fatigue.
- Menopause: The levels of estrogen reduce greatly during menopause. Low estrogen levels make your vagina dry hence sex can be uncomfortable and painful. Women also go through hormonal changes which make them suffer from a low libido.
- Pregnancy: After pregnancy, breastfeeding your baby becomes an everyday activity. This can reduce sexual desire because of the pressure of caring for a new born baby.
Regular exercising complemented with enough sleep is known to reduce stress thus giving you a high sex drive. Avoid consuming alcohol. Testosterone replacement therapy (a therapy used for treating erectile dysfunction) also treats low desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
A tear in the anal canal is called anal fissure. When the skin breaks, it can cause pain and extreme discomfort. Some amount of bleeding during defecation may also be experienced. When the anal aperture is over-strained, it results in a crack leading to fissure. In women, delivery trauma can lead to anal fissure. Ulcer in the anal canal or sexually transmitted diseases too can cause the anal fissure. In children, it is commonly due to injury by passing hard stool. Fissure is usually seen at the anal verge. This being a highly sensitive area; any scratch or tear in this area gives excruciating pain, burning, itching, irritation like symptoms. There may be spasm in the anal region (which is a protective mechanism) and the patients are scared of passing stools. Sometimes patient avoids eating food so as to avoid going to toilet. Usually the pain subsides in an hour or so. However in some conditions where there is underlying inflammation and infection; the pain may persist whole day. Recurrent anal fissure which has not been treated properly give rise to an extra skin growth known as sentinel tag.
Ayurvedic remedies: In the patient suffering from Anal fissure; it is very important to regulate the bowel habits properly. Some mild laxatives may be used to soften the stool. Hot sitz bath and use of some soothing ointments, coconut oil, ghee etc. are helpful as they avoid the irritation. Ayurveda can completely cure the people suffering from anal fissures. The treatment duration differs from one individual to another. This is also based on the severity of the disease. In acute anal fissure; the allopathic doctors usually recommend surgery. The commonest adverse effect of surgery is incontinence where the patient is unable to hold stools. However acute anal fissure can be treated without surgery very effectively using Ayurvedic Kshar Karma. In this therapy; certain medicines are applied in the anal fissure so as to promote the healing. The sittings are repeated after weekly intervals and fissure heals in 3-4 sittings. In this way; this is highly specific, very effective and convenient method of treating anal fissure. In chronic anal fissure with associated Sentinel tag; Ksharsutra ligation is used to remove the tag followed by Kshar Karma sittings. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!