Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalpana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KalpanaYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old. I got married on March 30th 2014. I have two baby girls. Both was normal delivery but long labour and first was vaccum delivery. And also one unexpected abortion in between this. My gynecologist says my uterus is little swollen after last labour. Pls advice me how to take care to get good utras health and when I can have my next baby and when it will OK to Start postpartum exercises after delivery.
My daughter is 15 years old she is having irregular periods,i.E monthly it is not coming two months once but it takes about 15 days to clear. Kindly help me what kind of healthy food i can provide for my child.
Let me begin writing about this topic by saying that omega-3 is probably the one nourishment complement you should take. Over the years numerous medical studies have been made to evaluate the benefits of omega-3 body fat. The bottom line of the majority of these trails is that taking omega-3 will be beneficial to your health whether you are healthy or suffering from various health conditions.
Omega 3 comes from both animal and plant source, thus both vegan and non-vegan can consume it. Health experts stress more on fish based omega-3 which was first discovered and has become million dollar business. Other than animal source it is seen in flax-seed, chia, hemp and other land plants.
Animal source has EPA – eicosapentaenoic and DHA – docosahexenoic acid whereas plant source offers alphalogic acid – ala. This, ala is then further converted to EPA and DHA, which aids in the learning and behaviour. So what this epa and DHA do to our body.
Well, studies have shown that sufficient intake of omega-3 benefits to your heart. It marked decreases the risks of heart attack and stroke. Omega-3 has the potential to normalize and regulate the cholesterol triglyceride levels in the body. Studies have shown omega -3 are anti-arrhythmic, anti-thrombin, anti-atherosclerotic and anti-inflammatory. Apart from the omega – 3 there is also another essential fat in the body termed as omega -6 which has to be taken into 1: 1 ratio and corn, soy, canola, safflower and subfloor oil are its rich source. For bodybuilder so, omega-3 has seemed to be gold material. Sufficient omega-3 in your body aids in muscle building, DHA and EPA increases the synthesis and decrease the delegation. Apart from the muscle building, it can also be used for reducing belly fat when combined to exercises. It's best results are seen over the belly region. This is done by the property of omega-3 being sensitive to insulin. Omega-3 is also good for joint thus improve the joint cartilage and minimizes the joint stiffness. It also aids to joint recovery.
If you are experiencing heartburn during pregnancy, it is important for you to know about the ways of dealing with it. Heartburn, which is a fiery, painful sensation, occurs when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) starts leaking or relaxing. This makes your stomach acids to flow up into the esophagus, resulting in acidity or heartburn. Pregnant women are more susceptible to heartburns because the relaxing hormone slows down the rate of digestion, thereby keeping food in the stomach for longer duration and triggering acidity.
Here are the various measures you should take for dealing with acidity during pregnancy:
- Follow regular eating patterns: Overeating triggers heart burns, and hence, you should eat less. During pregnancy, there is much less space in the stomach for it to expand. Maintaining a healthy diet in lesser quantities will help you in eliminating the heartburn throughout your pregnancy. You should eat several small meals a day instead of having two or three large meals. It is easier for your body to digest smaller meals.
- Avoid trigger foods: You need to identify the common foods, which trigger your heartburn, and eliminate them from your diet. You should abstain from consuming acidic food items like tomatoes, citrus fruits, fried and spicy food, coffee, carbonated drinks, and alcohol.
- Focus on fluids: A liquid diet causes much lesser problems compared to solid food products as they can move through your stomach quickly. You should consume milkshakes, soups, yoghurt, smoothies, puddings, and protein shakes. Try to take liquids, which are rich in protein like dairy products. While having solid foods, ensure that you chew them very well.
- Sleep properly: In order to avoid heartburn during the night, you must not eat anything three hours before going to sleep. You should make the head of your bed elevated by placing books or any solid object under the bed’s legs. You should sleep on your left side, which will make it difficult for stomach acids to travel up to your esophagus.
- Sit or stand up right after a meal: After taking any meal, you should take a short walk, undertake some housework, or sit down for a while. Avoid lying down, and abstain from doing anything for which you have to bend over.
- Wear comfortable clothes: You should wear loose-fitting clothes for dealing with acidity or heartburn during pregnancy. Tight clothing puts extra pressure on your abdomen, which is already crammed. This is capable of worsening acid reflux. Therefore, you should choose loose fitting maternity wear for eliminating acidity and heartburn.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
How to find virgins at 1st nit? My wife vagina is free at 1st nit time So I can not believe her So tel me sir how is it possible.
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D and C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above takes care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
- Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression, etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
- Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
- Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
- Formal medical counseling: If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
- Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better.
I am 48 years old female few days back I am getting vaginal pain when my hubby insert his genital on me before it was not there now few days it is happening give me a solution.
An overloaded backpack or wearing one improperly can lead to a poor posture, stress on the soft tissue in the neck and the back, and unnecessary strain on muscles and joints.