Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalpana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KalpanaYour feedback matters!
The most dreadful part of going to work and coming back home is getting stuck in a traffic jam. Whether you’re driving yourself or being driven home, a traffic jam can sap your spirits and make you feel tired even though you’re not really exerting yourself. According to a recent study, these traffic jams not only increase your stress level, but also make your body susceptible to cancer.
Yes! They can be a major reason behind your ill health
- Bumper to bumper traffic that moves at snail pace can be very stressful, especially if you have to get somewhere at a particular time. The irritation of not being able to move at your desired pace adds on to the million other things going on in your mind. The body reacts to stress by increasing blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Long-term stress can lead to digestive problems, fertility issues ad a weakened immune system, which makes the body vulnerable to other diseases and infections. Stress can also lead to the development of behavior like smoking, drinking and overeating which can increase a person’s risk of cancer.
- Pollution levels are highest at traffic signals and at traffic jams. This is because, at a busy intersection, cars go through various stages such as accelerating, braking and idling in a restricted space. Each of these actions are accompanied with emission of toxic gases and fine particles of matter which concentrate in an area and take longer to disperse. Contrary to popular belief, people in cars can be more affected by these pollutants than pedestrians. This is especially true in case where people have their windows up and fans on as the fans suck in the polluted air leading to a buildup of toxic gases inside the car. When these gases and particulate matter is inhaled, they get stuck in the nose and throat and are absorbed into the bloodstream. Long-term exposure to this can have serious negative effects on the body leading to higher risk of cancer. To avoid this, ensure that the AC setting of your car or fan is set to only circulate air inside the car without drawing in polluted air from outside.
Also, try and find ways to avoid traffic jams. If your office allows, maybe you could try changing your timing a little. Experiment with routes. Often the inner roads have more twists and turns but much less traffic. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Had unprotected sex on the 19th 23rd and 25th day of my cycle and was my safe period I usually have a 26 day cycle my period is late by 3 days already took an hcg pregnancy test and it was negative can I be pregnant?
I am 27 weeks 5 days pregnant. Sometimes I don't feel the baby's movement for 5 to 6 hours is this normal.
Boost your immunity naturally by including following foods...
1) Citrus foods: Citrus like oranges, grapefruit, lemons and limes are an excellent source of vitamin C which helps maintain the body’s defence against bacterial infections.
2) Turmeric: Turmeric is anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, detoxifying and amazing for digestive health.
3) Papaya: Papaya is beneficial for those with digestive problems.
4) Ginger: Ginger has potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It helps to boost immune function and combat cellular damage.
5) Garlic:Garlic is also an immune system warrior, protecting the body from infections and illness
6) Pineapple: Pineapple helps in protein digestion which allows your body to utilize immune boosting amino acids effectively.
7) Proteins: Protein nourish your immune system, repair the body and assist recovery.
8) Wheat grass:Wheat grass Juice help support liver and immune function by boosting the liver’s ability to flush out toxins.
9) Berries: Berries help promote healthy tissues and organs. So by including the above foods in your daily diet you start getting improvement in your health.
Eat healthy..Stay healthy...
Hi I have a pcos problem and I am married for 2 years. We tried naturally for one month but I did not conceived. So second month we consulted a doctor she kept me on clomifene citrate 50 mg from 3-9 days. And she gave a hcg shot on 14th day of my cycle. And we had timely intercourse but unfortunately I got my periods after taking gestofit. So the doctor advised me to have SSG test done. But I was not ready for that as we planned pregnancy only one month back. So we consulted another doc and she kept me on clomifene citrate 100 mg from day 4-8 and forminal for 30 days and weekly vit D supplement. So please tell me what are the chances of my successful pregnancy this time. Is SSG test necessary?
Sir I am newly married. My marriage date is 06-10-17 and we are doing sex in same month 13&14-10-17 and now she is present and doctor delivery date is given 22-06-18 it's possible?
Botox is a wrinkle treatment, but is used for treating a range of medical conditions. It has been in use for well over 18 years and is considered to be safe when performed under the guidance of a medical practitioner. Apart from aesthetics, a range of other facial, migraine and dermatological problems can be addressed by Botox.
Botox limits facial expression: The primary objective of a Botox treatment is to enhance the look of a person and not the contrary. When administered by a skilled physician, you can still smile and animate like before. Botox in no way affects the sensory nerve. The muscle beneath the point of injection gets relaxed and remains active. The apprehension of limited facial activity is baseless.
Botox travel through your body: This again is a myth. Botox diffuses not more than 1cm into the skin. Due to its localized nature, it does not affect any other parts of the body other than the intended area.
Botox has toxic content: Botox, like any other drug, is safe when taken under supervision. Like other drugs, it too gets scanned by the drug regulatory authorities. It is neither dangerous nor contains any toxic substance.
Dermal fillers involve intense pain: Dermal fillers are not as painful as advocated by many people out there. It does have its fair share of discomfort but a medical practitioner always uses a topical anesthetic and other anxiety related medications during the treatment.
Downtime for Botox is fairly long: Botox is known as the afternoon injection for its convenience and easy procedure. Botox procedure has no downtime at all. Doctors often suggest against lying down for a good 2-3 hours after the injection. Dermal fillers might result in minor swelling but there are medicines to counter that too.
Botox is permanent in nature: Botox effects lasts for 4-6months. For people who take Botox shots regularly, it tends to last longer.
Dermal fillers and Botox are the same: While people these days use them interchangeably, they are not the same. For instance, Botox lessens the effect of wrinkles by relaxing the facial muscle whereas dermal fillers add volume to the tissue and restores the muscle.
Botox is applied only when Facial lines are visible: This is not necessarily true. If the family of an individual has a history of facial lines, it makes sense to start Botox for facial line prevention. This delays the actual facial line appearance and requires fewer Botox shots going forward.