Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Homeopaths online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalpana Gautam
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana GautamYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Gargi Datta Majumder
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kalpana Gautam to be very helpful, knowledgeable, well-reasoned, thorough and professional. Thank you so much Ma'm for the detail explaination. I will surely obey this.
Many of us have faced this situation once in life. Dandruff is a medical condition that can grab anyone no matter gender, age or race. While dandruff can be embarrassing at times, it usually doesn’t indicate any serious health condition or an unhygienic state. It is generally worsened in the winter and fall.
- Scrub your head will help in removing old skin flakes.
- Wash your head with special shampoos having anti-fungal or anti-bacterial properties such as head, shoulders (contain zinc pyrithione that slows down the growth of yeast), neutrogena t/sal (has salicylic acid that lessens dandruff), neutrogena t/gel (has coal tar that slows down skin cells death) may help you.
- Shampoos having ketoconazole, selenium sulfide, zinc pyrithione, coal tar, salicylic acids and tea-tree oil helps in impeding or eliminating dandruff.
- Always read the instructions before using any shampoo to check if it's suitable for you and also see how often it should be applied.
I have prescribed my patients anti-dandruff arnica shampoo (homeopathic shampoo) and find its result notable.
- Getting the perfect shampoo for your dandruff may take some experiment, so try these shampoos for a month to see if your dandruff improves. You might need to experiment with more than one shampoo to find one that suits your scalp.
- Sometimes alternating two shampoo types may also help.
- Leaving the shampoo in hair for at least two to three minutes before washing will help you much.
- You may be able to use the shampoo less often once your dandruff improves.
- Moisturize your scalp as dry scalp tends to flake more. Restoring moisture to the scalp can help you with itchiness. Coconut oil is a great pick from your dressing table as it has moisturizing as well as antibacterial properties.
- Healthy diet is also a key to unlock your dandruff. Include more veggies and fruits in diet.