Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Homeopaths online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalpana Gautam
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana GautamYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Gargi Datta Majumder
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kalpana Gautam to be very helpful, knowledgeable, well-reasoned, thorough and professional. Thank you so much Ma'm for the detail explaination. I will surely obey this.
- Whenever I doubt patient of chronic cough if I inquire whether he had any history of tb, he gets reluctant to answer. Many doctors face this situation and find difficulty in getting the information. Tb has always been a taboo in our society and accepting having the disease brings on resistance from society.
- Even after rigorous efforts of world health organization (who) that memorializes each year world tb day on march 24 to raise awareness about the consequence of tuberculosis (tb) on health, poor response from masses is observed. Due to social stigma, delayed reporting, not realizing that anyone can get it or for any other reason treatment is delayed, its outcome can be worst to deadly. Certainly despite significant efforts over the last years this deadly disease continues to claim over 4500 lives a day.
My husband is diagnosed with leukocytosis. His WBC count is more than the Normal value. Our doc prescribed him with zifi200 and dolo 650 will this help him improve his RBC. Or what further precautions should be taken.
Firstly let me brief you how brain works and what it may result in if any of its area is insulted from any cause.
Brain is a fundamental part of your body that plays a major role in directing your limbs movement, and various other activities like speech, sleep, memory etc. Under action of various chemicals like dopamine, serotonin etc. Under certain circumstances, genetic and environmental factors, dopamine-producing cells in the brain starts degenerating and as a result dopamine’s secretion is affected that results in abnormal behavior like involuntary shaking of hands (tremor), stiffness, slowness or difficulty of movement, small crowded handwriting, poor balance, postural disturbance, thinking process or behavioral problems etc.
Who gets pd?
Age is the guaranteed factor for the development and progression of pd. It typically occurs in individual over the age of 60; however, it may start earlier. Men are more vulnerable to the disease than women. Individual with family history of disease are at greater risk. Other risk factors may be head injury, exposure to environmental toxins such as pesticides etc.
What are causes of pd?
Though exact cause of parkinson’s disease is unknown, a chemical called dopamine, a messenger to produce controlled movements, is considered to be the offender. When the amount of dopamine is low, signals becomes ineffective and movement becomes impaired. The condition worsens gradually.
Scientists speculate that dopamine failure is may be due to a combination of genetic and environmental factors.
Having problem of ringworm from last few weeks. Situation is worsting day by day. Starting to used lobate gm but still now not ok Help me.
We all pride women’s day, but overlook women, the vital of the family very next day. Your family is completely dependent on her. Today’s woman is not just a home-maker to make your home a heaven, but she has many roles to play in daily life. She is not just wife, mother, sister, or daughter; she is entrepreneur, doctor, engineer, even ias officer. She is woman. Being woman is not easy daily she has to struggle against the time while balancing work with home. What happens when she get down with health, you feel helpless, there is chaos at home, room messed up, no clean utensil available. Then you urge that your woman stay healthy. Do you know 68% working women suffer from lifestyle diseases? you can be her doctor. See how
Obesity: While working long hours on stretch at desk she gets hungry and bing on fast (junk) food to satiate her hunger immediate to get back to work, that affects her weight and this weight gain (obesity) result in other health issues like diabetes, raise blood pressure, heart problem, polycystic ovarian diseases. Also sedentary life with controlled environment and no or less physical activity may add more kilos to her weight.
Your responsibility: Struggling with weight may affect her mental and physical calmness. You can help her by calling her every hour to remind that she must get up from work-station and walk for 10-15 minutes. Also tell her to have fruits instead of junks in between meal when she feels hungry while working.
Working woman suffer depression frequently in comparison to house-wife due to role conflict. She is supposed to be the additional financial hand while carrying out traditionally attributed duties of domestic chores. Anxiety to balance work and home, direct her to stress, not just physical but mental as well. The cause (s) such as target deadlines, lack of sleep, poor nutrition, lack of physical activity, contribute to depression. It has been predicted that depression would be the 2nd major cause of disability worldwide by 2020.
- Your responsibility: This is wrecking situation, being her companion, you can prevent this by helping her at home. Give her a break and surprise her with her favourite dress, take her to her favourite restaurant, cook her favourite dish or take her to her favourite place. Let her relax, take her to morning walk. She will feel greatest when you make her a list of food items so that she gets healthy diet.
- Chronic backache: Back pain is a very common complaint among women. As result of long working hours working women may suffer more. She don’t get adequate rest even having pain she keeps on working, this may consequence in chronic pain. Physical inactivity is another culprit that makes the back more vulnerable to it.
- Your responsibility: Tell her to relax in between while at desk and avoid long hours sitting at one posture. Give her back massage to relax her muscles. Keep some pain ointments or sprays to give her immediate relief. Advocate some exercises to keep her back strong and flexible.
- Infertility: Infertility in women is a curse. Owing to stress, obesity, unhealthy dietary habits, inactive physically due to erratic working hours contributes in exacerbating infertility among working women.
Your responsibility: it’s good news if there is no pathology in her reproductive organs. Keep her in confidence that it’s not fertility that is bonding you both. It’s the love that connects you together. Help her to avoid stress or handle stress, retain weight, maintain physical activity, have healthy diet.
Diabetes and heart (cardiovascular) diseases:
There are many researches that says more than 50% of women are at higher risk of heart (cardiovascular) diseases because of unhealthy life-style. Also diabetes type-ii has been associated with working women.
Your responsibility: Talk to her, ask her if she has any work stress, try to solve her issues. Help her complete the work. Advice her to avoid simple carbohydrate (sugar).
When to seek doctor?
There is always risk associated with hectic life style of working woman. You need to look after her and address the condition well in advance so as to diagnose at an early stage. On time treatment has better scope. Consult a doctor when she is not improving after your efforts. Get her blood sugar done if she is showing signs of diabetes. Get her ecg done if she shows any sign of heart problem. Get her x-ray done, if back pain persists. Consult a psychologist if she develops depression. Infertility may require specialist.
A healthy woman is fundamental to healthy family. You must realize the vital part of your family, woman, that wishes care and love to look after her as she does for your family.
So I did holter monitor and it shows sinus tachycardia. When I eat medicines I'm fine for few hrs then tachycardia starts again and again. Highest was 147 and many times it was 120+. I have done all tests for secondary cause. I'm 23 now I'm taking metoprolol 125 mg, 50 mrng 50 night and 25 in eve, amlodipine 10 mg, losartan 50, prazosin 5 mg, diltiazem 90sr and so on .I have high BP and tachycardia since 2012 but now situation got worsen any guidance will be helpful. I'm going to see my cardiologist on Monday but some doctors online suggested electrophysiological study also. Please give you guidance.
Tips to Overcome Exam Fear
Fight your fear over struggling for marks and you don't need bow and arrow for this. Follow these by simple tips and be a winner.
Aim your way : Without aim no one can achieve the dreams. Always have targets to achieve. Jot down the topics or chapters that needs revision. Part the chapters as against the days. This will make easier to dedicate yourself well before the exam. Remember don't just ram to complete the course but target to understand the topic.
1. Don’t compare with others: Like all fingers of your hand are not same so is human brain. We all have different intelligence. It is very unfair to say that who has low intellect cannot perform well in exams or cannot become a good doctor or engineer. Regular practice of reading and revising topic can make a good performer. So never compare yourself with others but try to improve yourself.
2. Study with happy mind: Don't stress yourself by studying with low spirit. Always study with happy mind. If you are getting bored with the topic then refresh your mind by playing any outdoor game or by sketching or by doing anything of your interest. Mind it don't do it for long hours. Remember it's for your mind revitalization. Once your mind has rejuvenate stick back to study table.
3. Marks are secondary: Always remember marks are secondary. If you have gone into the depth of the topic and understand it by heart, good grades will automatically follow. If you mug up and just vomit it out in the examination, you will forget in the next attempt. Because cramming topic will leave your mind after few days however understanding the topic will stay for life.
4. Practice makes a man perfect: Burning midnight oil just before exams is a wrong practice. Remember the quote well said "practice makes a man perfect". Believe me even if you are not a brilliant student revising the topic again and again will make you so (perfect). I am not flaunting, it's true. As practice makes a better understanding and recollection. So start revising ahead your exams so that you can manage to answer without pressure and can avoid panic at the last moment.
5. Know your strength and weakness: You must be knowing that which subjects you are good at and in which subjects you have to work more. So you need to work more on your weak areas but don't keep aside your strong areas. Both need your attention though weaker one requires little more.
6. Blend weak and strong subjects: Keep two subjects for a day, in morning study subject in which you are weak while in evening when you are tired study your favorite subject so you don't get dizzy. Because studying the same subject will make your mind bored, exhausted and saturated. Seems strange? Try out this technique and see the difference.
7. Make timetable: To work on difficult areas you require more time while stronger needs less time. Consequently time table will help you. So create timetable for all the subjects accordingly. Its better to have 7 days a week timetable. But you have to abide with it without any excuses.
8. Colorful pictorial notes: Highlighting important points in the book will do a great help in your exam. You can easily revise notes which are highlighted, also it will help you in recapitulating during exam. You can also write keywords at the side of the paragraph of the book or notes in bullet points so that you can revise at the last moment. Make difficult topic uncomplicated by converting notes in picture format denoted with symbols. We all have better picture memory than letter memory. By this method recapping highlighted or key words or picture format in the exam can be easier.
9. Time for break: When your legs get tired stiffened-up in the study table get up and stretch. Take a break listen music or move your shake. This will bring you back at table with more positive attitude and enthusiasm.
10. Be positive: Never ruin your mood and preparation by thought of failure. The negative thought will not let you complete course in due time due to stress. Also it will not only bring fear but poor performance in the exam as well. Always be positive and hopeful that you will clear the exam.
Calm yourself with meditation: Inspite of all the efforts, if you still experience anxiety and fear, try meditation. Meditation would bring not only peace to your mind but also increase focus. Technique of meditation: Squat on the floor with straight back, keep chin parallel to the floor and close your eyes. Keep your palms on lap facing upwards. Do it for 10 to 15 minutes in a day.
What Parents can do to help their child
- Sit with your child when he is studying. This will boost his focus. But don't intervene.
- Take test few days before exam so that he can rehearse well in advance. And give his best during attempt.
- Boost your child's confidence. It will help him in facing the challenge.
- Let your child to relax body, mind and spirit by playing, dancing, meditating before exams.
- Help your child to prepare that he will need for the exam the night before such as pen, pencil, ruler, eraser, calculator, etc.
- Tell the child to sleep on time the day before exam. As refreshing mind has better memory.
- Remove stress of your child by doing something interesting on the night before the exam like play with him, talk to him about anything which he likes.
- Don't burden his stomach with oily food. That may cause dizziness and acidityduring exam.
- On the d-day tell your child to wake up early to avoid morning rush so that he reach the exam center on time to organize himself well in advance.
- Give him a nutritious breakfast that he don't feel heavy or dizzy during exam.
Many of us have faced this situation once in life. Dandruff is a medical condition that can grab anyone no matter gender, age or race. While dandruff can be embarrassing at times, it usually doesn’t indicate any serious health condition or an unhygienic state. It is generally worsened in the winter and fall.
- Scrub your head will help in removing old skin flakes.
- Wash your head with special shampoos having anti-fungal or anti-bacterial properties such as head, shoulders (contain zinc pyrithione that slows down the growth of yeast), neutrogena t/sal (has salicylic acid that lessens dandruff), neutrogena t/gel (has coal tar that slows down skin cells death) may help you.
- Shampoos having ketoconazole, selenium sulfide, zinc pyrithione, coal tar, salicylic acids and tea-tree oil helps in impeding or eliminating dandruff.
- Always read the instructions before using any shampoo to check if it's suitable for you and also see how often it should be applied.
I have prescribed my patients anti-dandruff arnica shampoo (homeopathic shampoo) and find its result notable.
- Getting the perfect shampoo for your dandruff may take some experiment, so try these shampoos for a month to see if your dandruff improves. You might need to experiment with more than one shampoo to find one that suits your scalp.
- Sometimes alternating two shampoo types may also help.
- Leaving the shampoo in hair for at least two to three minutes before washing will help you much.
- You may be able to use the shampoo less often once your dandruff improves.
- Moisturize your scalp as dry scalp tends to flake more. Restoring moisture to the scalp can help you with itchiness. Coconut oil is a great pick from your dressing table as it has moisturizing as well as antibacterial properties.
- Healthy diet is also a key to unlock your dandruff. Include more veggies and fruits in diet.