Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalpana Baul
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana BaulYour feedback matters!
I had oral sex with one girl and I am not sure about her hiv status she had had lied with many people back in time plus we had few seconds of sexual intercourse without protection am I safe?
Do you know that the future health of your baby is decided before you even conceive? Your preconception health is very important. Planning a baby is a demanding task, but if you plan it well you will have a healthier and easier pregnancy.
These are a few tips which can do wonders
1. Relaxation at Work and Household Backup - Plan out your work schedule. You might need to change your work hours or may be change the job profile. You will also need someone to help you out with the household chores around this time.
2. Finances - Get your finances settled and insurance plan changed accordingly.
3. Lifestyle Modification - Eat healthy. Stop the intake of alcohol and stop smoking. Set aside a time for regular exercise if possible. Try to lose that extra flab and stay very active.
4. Reduce Stress - Create a support system for yourself. Engage in activities that uplift your mood.
5. Take Folic Acid - Take 400 mcg of folic acid tablet daily. It helps prevent birth defects of brain and spine in the baby.
6. Avoid Exposure to - Harmful chemicals, metals and toxic substances at workplace and home. Protect yourself from infections. Stay away from cats.
7. Up-to-Date Vaccination - Make sure your vaccination is complete. Vaccination against rubella and flu are very important. It is also important to maintain a gap of at least one month between your rubella shot and pregnancy planning.
8. Optimize your Medical Condition - If you have Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Epilepsy or any other medical condition you must take complete advice from the physician. Blood pressure and sugar levels have to be under full control. The type and dose of the drug may need modifications.
9. Check Family History - Ask your parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts and cousins about any health problems in the family like genetic problems, mental retardation or malformations in babies. This can help your Gynaecologist to determine which problems to look for and how to prevent it.
10. Visit your Doctor - Carry a record of your medical conditions, family history and a checklist of your queries. Get tested for Li Blood Group, Thalassemia, HIV, Thyroid Levels, and Blood Sugars. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Urological problems such as urinary tract infection, urinary incontinence, and kidney stones are highly prevalent across gender and age groups. But there are several simple measures you may undertake to improve urological health and prevent such problems.
Read on to know how to go about it.
- Drinking adequate amount of fluids: Waste products are mostly eliminated through urine, and when you drink more water, you will be able to remove more toxins from the body. The general recommendation is having 8 glasses of water in a day even though this varies on an individual basis. You must also consider drinking cranberry juice which offers protection from various types of infections of the urinary tract. And you should drink an extra amount of water while exercising and when you are spending a lot of time outside as you might excrete more water through perspiration.
- Cutting down the intake of caffeine and alcohol: Both alcohol and caffeine act as a diuretic and they irritate the lining of the urinary bladder. This causes frequent urge to urinate.
- Avoid holding urine: You should never practice holding the urine for a long span of time but try going to the toilet whenever you feel the urge.
- Controlling the daily intake of salt: When you consume too much of salt, the sodium in the body increases and it causes retention of fluids in the body. This is invariably linked with high blood pressure which can cause damage to the kidneys and formation of kidney stones. Thus, it is essential to reduce the intake of canned foods, fried stuff, and processed foods.
- Keeping the genital area clean: You should always aim to keep the genital area clean by washing it with plain water or some mild cleanser once in a day. Also, while indulging in sexual intercourse, bacteria along with other micro-organisms can enter into the urinary tract causing infection. Women are at a higher risk of developing urinary tract infections since they have a shorter urethra. Male groins and female vaginas are considered breeding grounds for different pathogens which can transfer from one partner to another during intercourse hence care should be taken.
- Preventing urological problems in women: Once you use the washroom, you should wipe the genital area from the front part to back. You should not use perfumed soaps and cleansers in the vaginal areas. Wearing cotton panties is always a healthier option than other fabrics. One should also avoid using vaginal deodorants and spermicidal creams to prevent infections.
Though numerous treatment options are available for these disorders since prevention is always better than cure, adopt these practices to steer clear of these common problems. Further, incorporating lifestyle changes such as eating a balanced diet coupled with exercise and leading a stress-free routine can pave the way for general good health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mom has auto immune hypothyroidism. She is taking medicine everyday. She is getting fever periodically. Does fever appears because of auto immune disease?
Some of the home remedies for ehrlichiosis include the use of ginger, licorice, and other anti-bacterial products and foods. However, studies consistently argue that medical attention is by far the best solution for curing ehrlichiosis, so be sure to contact a medical professional if you think you are suffering from ehrlichiosis. From there, the home remedies can be used in conjunction with formal treatment, if advised.
Ehrlichiosis is a bacterial infection that is transmitted by the bite of a tick. This condition primarily affects dogs, because they are frequently in wooded areas and brush against reeds and plants where ticks commonly live. However, it can also be transmitted to humans. The intracellular bacteria that infects the body attack white blood cells, which significantly weakens the immune system. If you find a tick on your body, it is best to carefully remove it with tweezers, trying not to squash it, since the bacteria in its body can get onto your skin. Also, make sure that the mouth parts are removed from your skin as well.
Symptoms of ehrlichiosis
The symptoms of ehrlichiosis include fatigue, nausea, muscle aches, high fever, and severe joint and muscle pain. This is common for autoimmune diseases that destroy your white blood cells, because your body tries to show you that it is ill in as many ways as possible at the same time. The immune disruption is the direct cause behind the majority of the symptoms.
The symptoms usually appear 1-2 weeks after the initial bite occurs, which is why it can be difficult to identify, because the tick might have dropped off or died by the time you start seeing symptoms. A rash can sometimes appear faster than other symptoms, but every case seems to be different.
If you are diagnosed with ehrlichiosis, then the best course of action is to consult a medical professional and begin treatment with doxycycline and minocycline, which are used in the vast majority of cases. For people allergic to that class of drugs, there are other pharmaceutical options that can quickly clear up the symptoms. Certain cases are chronic, and this presents a long-term problem for those sufferers, since their immune system being compromised can be ideal for opportunistic infections, like candidiasis. Herbal and natural remedies should be used in conjunction with allopathic remedies, not in place of them.
Home remedies of ehrlichiosis
Ginger and licorice: These two foods have been peripherally connected with ehrlichiosis because they can help to boost the immune system and increase the count of white blood cells in your body. While this is not a cure for the bacterial infection, it can certainly make the symptoms less serious. When taken in conjunction with doxycycline, this can speed up the healing process and get you back on your feet quicker. Licorice and ginger tea is probably the easiest method of adding these to your diet, but there are other dietary applications of those foods, as well.
Tick awareness: Since doxycycline is the primary remedy for this condition, there isn’t much more to say about treatment. However, prevention is also very important. If a tick is found and removed within 36 hours, then there is a drastically diminished chance of contracting ehrlichiosis. After leaving a “tick area”, be sure to thoroughly check your clothes and skin. Also, do a second check at the end of the day, in case the ticks were transferred in your hair or some other object you had with you. If you find a tick, gently squeeze the mouth parts of the tick with tweezers and gently pull it off you skin, being careful not to jerk or tear the mouth parts out. From there, you can either kill the tick in an alcohol solution or save it for a doctor in case you begin to develop symptoms from the bite.
A final word of warning: While this condition is usually not life-threatening, if left untreated, the infection can become quite serious and can then develop into a chronic case of ehrlichiosis, which can be very difficult to eliminate. Therefore, be aware and vigilant of your personal space and how your body feels, particularly after spending time in wooded or “tick-friendly” areas. Many people try to avoid allopathic remedies in lieu of an herbal remedy, but when it comes to a specific bacterial infection like this, taking doxycycline is the fastest, easiest, and safest solution.