Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalpana Baul
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana BaulYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old. May 6th 2015 is my married is finished but still not conceive. Not pregnant. What can I do?
Today, most people’s perception of a beautiful woman is a tall, slim, fair skinned woman. However, not everyone is built with such a physique but still have a beauty of their own. As they say, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder and if you think you are beautiful then that confidence will indeed give you the grace and elegance to be noticed. Sadly, we tend to focus more on the social perception of beauty and tend to find faults with ourselves as we try to fit into that mould. These constant negative thoughts lead to the development of emotions that range from discontentment to depression and hence are extremely unhealthy. Here are a few tips to help break out of this negative cycle:
Look Out For Thinking Errors- Most people with a negative self-image tend to think along a few common lines. Recognise these thinking errors and try avoiding them to build a more positive self-image. This includes thinking only in extremes, magnifying things, turning emotions into reasons etc. Realise that thinking negatively makes it more difficult for you to achieve your goals or what you want out of life. Recognising these patterns is the first step towards accepting yourself and building your self-confidence.
Stop Making Comparisons- From early childhood, we begin comparing ourselves with others. As we get older, we compare our self-image with what we see on magazine covers and billboards. Even though we know they have been digitally enhanced, we still aspire to look like them. However, each person’s physique is different and it is not possible for everyone to look like a model.
Recognise Your Strengths- You may have heavy hips but at the same time, you also may have beautiful eyes. Focus on the parts of your body that you love and each time you find yourself complaining about your self-image, remind yourself of these parts. Be grateful for what you have instead of sinking into a victim syndrome.
- Look Out For Triggers- Find out what triggers negative thoughts in you and stay away from them for a while. For some people, this may be in the form of magazines while for others it may be certain TV shows or even the company they keep. Surround yourself with positive imagery and positive people who will support you and uplift you instead of simply sympathising with you and letting you believe that you are a victim. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My pregnancy three months 12.2.17 ko complete ho jayenge but 2 din se muje vomiting ek din m 10 baar ho rahi m kuch kha bhi nhi paa rahi or bahut weakness feel kar rahi ho suggest me what to do.
I just want to know in which time I can do sex without precautions with 0 pregnancy risk as my wifes period timing is every month 19th.
Hi doc I am not 32 aur meri shadi ko 4 sal ho gaye mujhe ab tak koi baby nahi hua hai doc ka kehna hai ke mere dono tube block hai uske bad maine laproscopy surgery bhi kar waya tu usme pata chala ke mujhe tb hai maine 1 year tb ka medicine bhi liya uske bad bhi main baby consive nahi kar pa rahi hun mere husband ka bhi test hua woh bilkul sahi hai doc ka kehna hai ke ivf ke zarya baby lena hoga kya aur koi rasta nahi hai.
Hi, I am 29 years old. Maine 31 days circle regularly, Oct 17th last period day starts and Nov 1st & 2nd inter course happen after 6 days I got mild stomach and back pain but my breast started to hurt too much 3 days it hurts, yesterday that means 14 very little amount of blood seen on my inner it's just 3 drops. Am experting my period on 17th DEC Friday. Still mild stomach back pain continues. Anything happen to me or it's normal? Please help.
If Any Woman Increase There Testsreon Then Which medic is need. Are U Understand! I mean (if in woman face come Hairs then What I do or What medic I buy Write it name.
I am trying for pregnancy from last 8 months. Doctor prescribed me first come300 and progesterone supplement for 3 months. Then he prescribed fineova40 and progesterone supplement again. But still I have not conceived. All my reports are normal. Husband's also. Is my treatment is proper? I become very frustrated. please reply.
Have pain in my heals for the last 6 months or so. Intermittently get some relief for some time period when I get some prolonged rest. Please suggest treatment for the ailment.
Acute paronychia - Painful and purulent condition; most frequently caused by staphylococci.
Chronic paronychia - Usually caused by a fungal infection
The image below depicts paronychia.
Classic presentation of paronychia, with erythema and pus surrounding the nail bed.
Signs and symptoms
Physical findings in acute paronychia include the following:
The affected area often appears erythematous and swollen
In more advanced cases, pus may collect under the skin of the lateral fold
If untreated, the infection can extend into the eponychium, in which case it is called eponychia
Further extension of the infection can lead to the involvement of both lateral folds as it tracks under the nail sulcus; this progression is called a runaround infection.
Physical findings in chronic paronychia include the following:
Swollen, erythematous, and tender nail folds without fluctuance are characteristic of chronic paronychia
Eventually, the nail plates become thickened and discolored, with pronounced transverse ridges
The cuticles and nail folds may separate from the nail plate, forming a space for the invasion of various microorganisms
The diagnosis of paronychia is based primarily on patient history and physical examination. Some laboratory studies, however, can be useful. These include the following:
Gram staining and/or culture - To help identify a bacterial cause of fluctuant paronychia.
Potassium hydroxide (KOH) 5% smears - To help diagnose fluctuant paronychia caused by a candidal infection
Treatment strategies for paronychia include the following:
If soft tissue swelling is present without fluctuance, the infection may resolve with warm soaks 3-4 times daily
Patients with extensive surrounding cellulitis or with a history of diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, or an immunocompromised state may benefit from a short course of antibiotics
If an abscess has developed, incision and drainage must be performed.
My wife age is 20 years and she has pimple around the breast and etching with flows push and pain in it, she ate some medicine then quietly fine but after 1 month she has again suffer from it, but now she is fine, I want to ask that is it any symbol of major disease, please suggest me,
While having sex how to control or how to stop getting pregnancy without using any medicine or condoms?
Belly fat may not be a severe medical problem in most individuals. However, it looks aesthetically displeasing and can affect long term health if not controlled at the right time. However, one must keep in mind that dieting and exercising go hand in hand. One cannot rely only on one of them to reduce belly fat.
Mentioned below are a few ways to remove belly fat:
- Avoid sugar: Sugar and other sweetened products must be avoided. Excessive intake of sugar floods the liver with fructose which is then turned to fat. This leads to insulin resistance and metabolic problems. Eliminate sugary drinks and try unsweetened beverages like tea or coffee. However, caffeine, too, must be taken in moderate amounts.
- Eat protein: Protein is considered to be the most important macronutrient when it comes to losing weight. Most of the calories in protein are digested. It is the single most effective change in terms of calorie intake since it reduces your craving by 60% and boosts your metabolism.
- Limit your intake of carbohydrates: Cutting carbohydrates from your diet reduces your appetite and therefore belly fat. Consuming only 50 grams of carbohydrates per day assists in losing weight fast.
- Other dietary changes: Eat foods that are rich in fiber and do not skip meals. If you starve yourself for long periods of time, the body conserves fat by breaking down muscle tissue. This is called catabolic state. Eating in small amounts every two hours is also helpful for those looking to trim their belly fat. This helps to avoid overeating and keeps your metabolism up the entire day by processing food throughout the day.
- Track your calorie intake: It is very important to keep track of the amount of calories you consume so as to make the necessary changes in your dietary plans. You can keep track of it in a food journal or on diet-related websites.
- Exercise: Regular exercising is of utmost importance while trying to lose belly fat. Aerobic exercises, crunches (side, reverse or twist crunches), cycling, lunge twist, rolling plank exercises, captain's chair, the stomach vacuum etc. help in reducing belly fat. Other exercises such as running, jogging, cycling, walking and swimming also help in reducing weight.
Don't skip breakfast.
Studies show that eating a proper breakfast is one of the most positive things you can do if you are trying to lose weight. Breakfast skippers tend to gain weight. A balanced breakfast includes fresh fruit or fruit juice, a high-fibre breakfast cereal, low-fat milk or yoghurt, whole wheat toast, and a boiled egg.
I am in my periods. And I have severe pain in my back. Is there any medicine which can get me relieve?
Hello. We had protects sex after 10 days of the periods. Nd moreover the mape organ was outside. It dint go inside as well. But now she approx late by 8 days den d expected date. So are any chances of pregnancy. Of yes den what can be done to avoid dat.
My sister is 20 years old she have regular periods. But when she have periods she wil suffer from severe stomach pain for first two hours. She can't even sit/stand. She use to roll on bed. Every month she will have this pain for the 1st 2 hour's of periods. Y she s having this pain.
The size of your belly is not the only thing that changes when you are pregnant. Pregnancy affects every part of a woman's body and visible changes can be noted as the pregnancy progresses. This is partly because of hormonal fluctuations and partly due to the strain of carrying excess weight.
Here are some of the changes you can expect to see when you are pregnant:
- Changes in the respiratory system: Along with eating for two, you are also breathing for two when pregnant. The increased oxygen consumption leads to increased rate of breathing, shortness of breath and elevated pH levels in the blood.
- Changes in the cardiovascular system: The cardiovascular system is readjusted at the time of pregnancy. This increases the volume of blood in the blood. The expanding uterus puts pressure on veins and arteries, thus slowing the circulation of blood. You may also notice an elevated resting heart rate and low blood pressure in the second trimester.
- Changes in the gastrointestinal system: The enlarging uterus displaces organs of the digestive system and allows stomach acid to travel back into the esophagus. This leads to acidity and heartburn. Pregnant women also often suffer from constipation.
- Changes in the breasts: As pregnancy progresses, your breasts may increase in size and be more sensitive than usual. The nipples will also begin to stick out more than normal. By the third trimester, you may also notice a discharge of early milk or colostrum.
- Changes in the abdomen: By the second trimester, the abdomen will begin to expand. As the ligaments and abdominal wall supporting the uterus are stretched, you may experience an ache on one side or the other.
- Changes in the urinary system: Pregnant women feel the urge to urinate frequently. This is because the expanding uterus puts extra pressure on the bladder, urethra and pelvic floor muscles. This may also lead to temporary urinary incontinence. Pregnancy also increases the load on the kidneys as they need to filter not only your own blood, but also that of the growing baby.
- Changes in the skin: As the skin on the body stretches to accommodate the growing uterus, stretch marks are one of the common visible changes. This may also be accompanied by hyperpigmentation of the nipples, face and abdomen along with the appearance of spider veins and reddening of palms.
Other common changes include, swelling of ankles, leg cramps, increased body temperature and changes in hair texture.