Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kajal BislaYour feedback matters!
Does usage of Whitening toothpaste results sensitivity? If yes, what's optimal period of using them?
I am 24 years old my front lower teeth is shaking and its gum is receding as well please suggest what should I do?
I am a 25 yr old male I have teeth problem till 6 months brush time blood will come so what should I do?
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Hello I am Sanjay Kumar and 26 year old , I have problem in mouth when I brush my teeth either eating something suddenly spread blood in my mouth although I have taken medicine but still I am facing problem so please help me.
Hi. I have recently undergone flap surgery. But after couple of days after surgery I developed infection. Although I am ok now but my gums have recessed from that place. I don't feel same. please guide.
I have done RCT in one of my wisdom teeth, the reason being it did not erupt completely and got infected. After the procedure, I now find the teeth is little sensitive, when I drink water or rinse after a meal. My doctor has told me to rinse with Luke warm salt water for 3 times a day until it subsides. Is this a normal after implication of an RCT or this abnormal?
During RCT of tooth number 26, Dentist said there is 3 roots and one root is in twisted form by seeing in computerized X-Ray and during treatment a metal file got struck inside the root. And he said there is no problem in it and he did temporary filling and told to come for permanent filling after 10 days. And if still pain exceeds, he said to remove the tooth itself after that. Is this right and is there really no problem in doing a permanent filling with a metal file inside? Please give me detailed answer. Thank you in advance Doctors. PAST TREATMENT: Already did RCT in tooth number 16 6 months before and completely got relief and no problem in that tooth till now.
I have a gum reducing problem. Till I noticed it. It was late. Now the condition is. I hav a whole on the right side of my gum above molar teeth. My front gums are down badly. My dentist came up with a conclusion that it was because of wrong way of brushing. I followed the way they showed me. Of strokes. Up and down. But that doesn't seem to stop the problem. Kindly advice is something over it. And also it is possible to regrow the gums?
How can I whiten my teeth if its not anymore white its yellow color n disattract people by teeth how can I cure it. Any home remedies without going to any dental clinic?
Is Drinking the water in the morning, before brush or after brush? Which is better ? I heard that drinking water after brush cause chemical reaction in our stomach which is there in toothpaste manufacture! I think before brushing the teeth , drinking water is good for health that clears the stomach and loose the motion! Which is better before or after.
1. What does the toothpaste do?
Toothpaste is an abrasive material which helps in mechanical action of toothbrush in removing plaque and debris from teeth and gums. Some medicated toothpastes are available which contain fluoride which helps in preventing tooth decay. Also toothpaste helps in removing bad breath and halitosis.
2. How much toothpaste do we need to brush our teeth?
For kids below 3 years of age just a “Smear” of toothpaste is needed.
For age above 3 years “Pea size” amount of tooth paste is enough.
3. Can we brush our teeth without toothpaste?
Major cleaning action is performed by toothbrush & toothpaste is only an adjunct to it. So, minimal amount of toothpaste is sufficient combined with a good brushing technique.