Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K V MahalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hi madam before 5 mths I was pregnant that time my husband plan to get job so we r planning to abort using of mifepristone and mifepristone after that periods are comes with like sticky white discharge and I am worried about further pregnancy if any complications for future baby.
I am 30 years old. Had a missed miscarriage at 12 week. Baby stopped at 7 week. Got d&c followed with normal bleeding and spotting till 12 days. It was my first pregnancy. When is it safe to try conceiving again? Any risks if I start trying after my first period.
I have pcos I am 19 years old and my height is 5 6 weight 62. Should I take vitamin c for periods. Will it work for me or it will have adverse effects.
I had cesarian delivery. My baby 11 month year old. I got too much fat on stomach and back. Kindly suggest.
I have serious allergy problem near vaginal area mostly after period or razor apply hair growth on vagina. Den skin on that area looks like burn n black.
My last menstrual date was 25/02/2017 and I had positive pregnancy test on 25 March 2017. Recently I had ultrasound that states that gestation age is 7 week 4 days. But as per manual calculation it's 6 week 4 days I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE EXACT GESTATION AGE AS ON 13/04/2017. please ADVISE ME.
I am 22 years female and recently found their is a lump in my left breast nd went through memography and fna and it reported as fibroadenomas of 3.60 cm as I could feel it clearly. Doctor adviced me to go for surgery. Now I cannot feel the lump in my self examination it is about less than 1cm now, is it going to shrink? will there be any symptoms.
My friend has 40 day pregnancy doubt But 3 time urine test positive lab. And strip test both But in sonography at 40 day negative results seen What the probability of pregnancy What she do.Please tell.
Its being over 13 days of my date gone but my periods did not came. Well, nothing other reasons. I am unmarried and not engaged. Please tell. What would be the reason. And can I treat this irregularity naturally?
My sisterinlaw has 24 year old. She has leucorhea problem. Her period are normal for 4 days but spotting continue for 4 or5 days. It is normal or have any problem. And starting days are painful.
Hey I am a student. On the day of 19 th June me nd my partner have some sexual activities like rubbing by mistake fr 10 to 15 min. Nd after that I just washed everything. But still we both are virgin. While doing that I put on my clothes bt he did not. So I am worrying about my pregnancy. Because there was a stain of sperm on my pajama. My period date was 22 and still I am not having it. May I a pregnant? I am so much worried about my condition. Can I get pregnant from the mixture of my liquid and sperm. Is it possible that that mixture travel to my uterus? I have had 1 pregnancy test which is negative? But should I take pills? Or again go for re test?
I am 37yrs, I want to postpone my periods by 10 days. I know tab Primolut N but don't know dose when n how to take it. Please advise?
In vitro fertilisation, commonly known as IVF, is the process of fertilising single or multiple eggs outside the body. This treatment can be performed by either using your own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm or sometimes both. The resulting sperms and eggs are evaluated for quality and then one or more of them are positioned properly in the uterus through the cervix. IVF is regarded as one of the most commonly opted treatment plans, and it accounts for more than 99% of assisted reproductive technology processes.
Who are suitable for IVF?
IVF can be helpful for you in case you have some issues with the egg quality or ovulation, fallopian tubes that are blocked in some way or endometriosis. It can also help you get pregnant if your partner has problems with mortality and reduced sperm count and when you have opted for donor eggs. About 1.5% of babies in the United States are conceived through the IVF process.
How does IVF work?
There are several steps through which IVF process works and the timeline follows the following steps:
- Stimulation for ovary: You will have to take a special kind of fertility drug for 8 to 14 days near the start of your menstruation cycle. This drug aids in the stimulation of your ovaries for developing multiple mature eggs to fertilise instead of a single one. You may also need to take an artificial hormone-like cetrofelix and leuprolide for keeping your body from releasing eggs very early.
- Development of follicle: When you are under all these medications, you will have to visit your doctor’s office often for checking the hormone levels as well as ultrasound measurements for the ovaries.
- Getting the trigger shot: Once the follicles are ready, you are likely to receive a trigger shot, which is an injection causing the eggs for maturing fully and becoming capable of being fertilised. Your eggs are ready for being retrieved after about 36 hours of receiving this shot.
- Gathering the eggs: At this stage, you are likely to receive an aesthetic or ultrasound probe that is inserted through the vagina for checking the ovaries and identifying the follicles. Normally, about 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved through the insertion of a thin needle.
- Fertlisation: This is the most vital step, where an embryologist is going to examine the eggs before they are combined with the sperm and incubated overnight. Fertilisation happens at this particular time, but abnormal eggs are not fertilised.
Then the embryos slowly develop and are planted on the basis of your age and clinical condition. When the treatment is working, an embryo is implanted in the uterine walls and starts developing.
If you wish to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialist.
Swollen breast tissues in men or boys caused by hormonal (testosterone and estrogen) imbalances is called gynecomastia. Both breasts or one breast, can be affected by gynecomastia. At any point in life, from birth to puberty, even in adulthood, you might develop gynecomastia. Most of the times, gynecomastia is caused by hormonal imbalances, but there might be some underlying causes as well.
Gynecomastia is normally not a serious condition, but it can be difficult to deal with the pain and embarrassment.
It can be cured with surgery or medication, if it doesn't go away on its own.
Symptoms and signs of gynecomastia include:
- Enlarged glands in the breast tissue
- Tenderness in the breast
The causes that trigger gynecomastia include:
- Hormonal changes: Testosterone and estrogen control the sexual development in men and women respectively. Estrogen is not a hormone that only women produce; men produce it too. When the production of testosterone and estrogen are thrown out of balance, gynecomastia occurs.
- Medication: Certain medications such as anabolic steroids, androgens, HIV/AIDS medicines, antibiotics and chemotherapy can cause gynecomastia.
- Drugs and alcohol: Substances such as alcohol, marijuana, amphetamines, heroin and methadone cause gynecomastia.
- Health condition: Certain factors, such as aging, hypogonadism (hormonal disorder), hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland), tumors, kidney failure, cirrhosis, liver failure, malnutrition and starvation can lead to gynecomastia.
- Herbal products: Essential oils derived from plants such as lavender or tea tree, used in lotions or shampoos, have weak estrogenic actives. They have been said to cause gynecomastia.
Gynecomastia can be cured either with medication or surgery. Surgical options for gynecomastia are, however, limited.
The two surgical options for gynecomastia include:
- Liposuction: Liposuction only removes the fat from the breast, not the breast gland tissue. It has fewer complications, there is limited or zero blood loss and there is less distortion of the nipple.
- Mastectomy: Mastectomy removes the gland tissues in the breast. The surgery uses minimal incisions to remove the gland tissue. Also, it involves less time to recover. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.