Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K V MahalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Thanks for your help Doctor. I wanted to know after periods on which day intercourse is best to get pregnancy and which timing is best for Having intercourse. Foods that help to boost more chances of getting pregnant. How many days once we should have intercourse. Please help me out with this.
When my wife and I have sex it hurts her a lot more then before she kind of gets an infection and the outer portion of vagina starts to swell up.what can be done for this?
Intestinal distress is usually characterised by discomfort and pain in the abdomen, as well as an irritable bowel. This is generally caused when food does not move fast enough through the food pipe, to get digested in time. In Ayurvedic terms, this undigested, unprocessed food and the toxins that it causes is known as Ama. Intestinal distress includes conditions ranging from heartburn to IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. This is also known as Grahani in Ayurveda. Want to more about treating these conditions, the Ayurvedic way? Here's how!
- Mustakarishta: This medicine helps in the prevention and treatment of loose motions as well as indigestion that causes gas and acidity.
- Dadimavaleha: This is generally prescribed for patients suffering from fever along with loose motions, and bleeding, which usually points to infections in the body.
- Kutajarishta: This concoction is used for treating patients suffering from dysentery, loose motions and mild to severe irritable bowel syndrome.
- Pushyanuga Churna: This medicine is used for treating menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, excessive bleeding during menstrual cycles and other digestive disorders.
- Kutajavaleha: This is usually used during treatment for conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis and piles. It also treats inflammation and bleeding issues. This medicine is also useful in treating patients suffering from anaemia.
- Sanjeevani Vati: This medicine can be used for treating problems associated with dyspepsia, gastro enteritis and indigestion which can lead to heartburn.
- Bilwadi Gutika: Patients who have endured rodent or insect bites as well as gastro enteritis issues can use this medicine for instant relief.
- Jeerakarishtam: This medicine is used for mothers who have just had babies and need to control frequent stools and indigestion in the post-natal period.
The use of Ayurvedic medicines necessarily needs the support of other measures like eating a healthy and balanced diet as well as massages and other such tools prescribed under this science. The medicines work towards healing and preventing further eruptions of the ailments. But for the successful treatment of the same, patients of intestinal distress need to remember not to overeat and to have meals on time, and in a routine manner. The meals should consist of cumin, turmeric and easy to digest food as well as plenty of water. Exercise is another important facet of relieving the discomfort felt under such situations.
I am 38 years old unmarried women having a problem of hormonal imbalance n irregular periods, two years before doctor suggested tab regestrone for 3 months n I got relief but now again I am having the same problem n I have started taking regestrone without asking doctor is there any harm of taking regestrone at this age.
स्वस्थ शरीर के लिए संतुलित भोजन आवश्यक है जो हमें ऊर्जा प्रदान करे और वृद्धि में सहायक हो तथा बिमारिओं से बचाये.
हमारे भोजन की पूर्ण ऊर्जा की मात्रा निम्नलिखित स्रोतों से आती है;
कार्बोहायड्रेट ५५-६० %
वसा ३० %
प्रोटीन १०-१५ %
कार्बोहायड्रेट कार्बन,हाइड्रोजन और ऑक्सीजन से मिलकर बनते है.तथा हमें ऊर्जा प्रदान करते है.ये दो प्रकार के होते हैं- सरल और काम्प्लेक्स(गरिष्ठ).सरल आसानी से पांच जाते हैं और गरिष्ठ धीरे धीरे पचते है तथा ताकत और स्टैमिना देते हैं. हमारी रोजाना की मात्रा में से लगभग ५५ % ऊर्जा काम्प्लेक्स कार्बोहायड्रेट जैसे साबुत अनाज, आलू और अन्य सब्जियों से मिलने चाहिए.जिससे अन्य पोषक तत्त्व भी भोजन से प्राप्त हो सके.जैसे गेहूं के आते से बनी ब्रेड में मिनरल जैसे कैल्शियम आयरन ,विटामिन और रेशा अधिक मात्र में मिलेगा २ ब्रेड से लगभग १३० कैलोरी मिलती है जो एक सॉफ्ट ड्रिंक की कैलोरी के बराबर होती है जबकि इससे हमें अन्य कोई पोषक तत्त्व नहीं मिलते है.
चीनी एक सरल परिष्कृत (रिफाइंड) कार्बोहायड्रेट है जो मात्र ऊर्जा ही प्रदान करती है तथा प्रोसेस्ड फूड्स जैसे केक, चॉकलेट, बिस्किट्स आदि में पाई जाती है.
Meri wife ko 2 Jun period huya. 5tarik ko sex Kiya Bina condom ki. Aor 16tarik ko sex Kiya fir unwanted 72 teblet Diya. Aor 20tarik and 22tarik fir sex Kiya Bina condom. 14 julai meine prega news se test Kiya to she pregnant. Key ai posibul he?
Hey I am 14 years and 10 months old. And my periods are having a light flow from past 3-4 months. On my first day I have a lot pain even. I didn't used to have it before. The flow is not proper it hardly fills one pad a day. My hair is falling from quite few time and i have gained a little weight and when I walk up or down the stairs I breathe heavily and my facial hair are growing a lot. I can't even concentrate on my studies. Help please.
Having PCOS taking fertility treatment for 1 year. Failed 2 IUI with gonadotrophins and clomid along with progesterone supplements. Have done HSG my tubes are open and semen count is normal too along with other reports. My gynaecologist suggesting hysteroscopy. Shall I undergo it? What are possible advantages and disadvantages of this procedure? What is the cost of hysteroscopy in India bangalore.
1. Root vegetables
Local produce can be hard to find when cold weather inhibits crop growth. But root vegetables like beets, carrots and turnips can withstand the cold, so local farmers can provide fresh produce and you can reap the benefits. Roast carrots for a boost of beta-carotene, or boil turnips for vitamins c and a.
Oatmeal is much more than just a convenient breakfast food; it also provides nutrients that are essential during winter. Oatmeal is high in zinc (important for proper immune function) and soluble fiber (associated with heart health). Although instant oatmeal is more convenient, it is a bit more expensive. To eat healthy on a budget, go with old-fashioned oats.
Soup is winter's perfect food as long as you hold the cream, salt and beef. Look for soup recipes that call for chicken broth, vegetable broth or water as the base and include a lot of vegetables. Pair your soup with a side of 100 percent whole grain crackers for a dose of grains. Don't have any recipes handy? try cleveland clinic's tasty and healthy collard and lentil soup.
For a suprising alternative to typical comfort foods often loaded with fat and sugar try sushi. Choose rolls lined with tuna or salmon. Both are good sources of vitamin d. During the winter months, when you have limited exposure to the sun, food sources of the bone-healthy vitamin become even more essential. Vitamin d deficiency is associated with impaired growth, weakening of the bones and even the risk of heart disease.
Aside from getting the flu shot and washing your hands regularly, these cruciferous vegetables may be your top defense against winter sickness. Broccoli and cauliflower are both high in vitamin c, which is associated with enhanced immune function. If you can't find fresh versions, don't fret frozen broccoli and cauliflower are just as nutritious.
Hi I have 13 months girl baby. My wife is again pregnant with 5 months. Ist delivery was cesarean. Is there any chances of normal delivery this time or it may be cesarean only. For normal what should do. Is there any precaution should take. She is getting back pain now days. Please give suggestion for normal delivery.
The popularity of Ayurveda as an alternative form of medicine has been on the rise for sometime as it is effective, holistic and without side effects. One of the forms of ayurvedic treatment which has been practiced for ages and has resurged in popularity over the past few decades is the Panchakarma Therapy. Let's take a look at this form of alternative healing.
What exactly is Panchakarma Therapy: Panchakarma therapy, which literally translates into five therapies, is the primary form of detoxification and purification of the body in Ayurveda. The functions of Panchakarma are to remove stress and toxins which may cause illnesses as well as the re-balancing of energies or the doshas that govern all of the biological functions within the body.
Individual parts of the Therapy:
- Vamana: This is a medicated and controlled form of regurgitation or vomiting which is used to loosen the toxins within the body and then flushing them out of the system and to balance Kapha doshas. It is also used to clear the respiratory tract. It is extremely beneficial in case the patient has Chronic Allergies, Hyperacidity, congestion, Bronchial Asthma, obesity among other disorders.
- Basti or the irrigation of the colon: Although this treatment is used as a rejuvenating treatment, the main purpose of basti is to flush out the toxins with the body through the use of an enema and to clear the colon of toxins. This is often considered the mother of all Panchakarma treatments as it clears out toxins from all three doshas, namely Kapha, Pitta and Vata.
- Virechana or purgation of the toxins through the gastrointestinal tract: This therapy is meant to purge the entire toxins from the body via the gastrointestinal tract. Its primary targets are to detoxify the liver and the gallbladder. If you suffer from Asthma, Digestive disorders, Constipation, hyperacidity, headaches, chronic fever or diabetes, this treatment can be of immense help.
- Nose cleaning or Nasya: The main aim of this treatment is to clean the toxins of the head and neck area. This is achieved by administering of special medicated oils through the nose and then cleaning the Kapha toxins that have accumulated over time.
- Raktamokshana: This is a rare procedure but performed in extreme cases and involves blood letting in a very controlled manner and minute quantities to detoxify the body.
Importance of the Panchakarma Diet: This is one of the most important parts of the Panchakarma Therapy as none of the treatments mentioned above will be effective if you don't follow this proper diet. Treatments can be individual or a combination of multiple parts mentioned above and has been known to be very effective in curing a variety of disorders if followed properly with the diet.
From which month of pregnancy it is good to have sex? Such that the baby's growth doesn't get affected. I'm in the second month of my pregnancy.
I have periods problem from past 5years and also I have more hair falling problem. Even it was completely my hair count was reduced. Please suggest to do to improve my hair as well as to get regular periods. I tried many medicines and courses but no use with that. Only for the particular period it was regular. I have pcod problem as well. Please suggest.
I'm 36 year old and having two kids. Cesarean only. Now i'm obese. I'm having bulky uterus, grade I fatty liver, left ovarian cyst3.3-3.1. How to solve this problems with diet, exercise. Give details. Thank you.
I did not have periods problem till now. But this time I got 2periods.In 15 days of periods very little blood was produced. Can you tell me suggest some remedy.
5 Tips To Boost Your Memory
1. Don’t Forget About Physical Exercise
Believe it or not, when you’re exercising your body, you’re exercising your mind as well. Aerobic exercise or yoga gets your blood pumping, which increases the oxygen going to your brain and lowers your risk of disorders such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease that can lead to memory loss.
If you can, start with some exercise in the morning. This can clear your head right off the bat to stay focused and alert during the day. Exercises that require coordination are especially helpful for keeping the mind active such as simply throwing a ball back and forth.
2. Make Sure You’re Sleeping
Sleep is one of the best ways to make sure your brain and memory are in tip-top shape on a daily basis. To get the most out of your sleep, aim for 7-9 hours every night.
Make sure to shut off the electronics at least an hour before bed to help the mind shut off as well. Try to limit your caffeine and alcohol intake earlier in the day. Both can result in a shallow sleep.
3. Keep Your Brain Stimulated
Research has shown that keeping mental stimulation as we age is very important for lowering the risk of dementia.
Stay social, interact with others, learn new skills, play mind-exercise games like crossword puzzles or Sudoku. Interacting with others and continuing to learn is vital for keeping the brain healthy at any age.
4. Be Aware Of Your Stress
Chronic stress can not only make someone miserable, but also cause serious long term effects. Stress over time has been shown to destroy brain cells and damage the area of the brain that creates new memories and recalls past ones.
To avoid memory loss, minimize your stress. Don’t take on too many tasks if they overwhelm you, sometimes it is okay to say no. Make sure you have outlets to relieve stress whether it is physical exercise or talking with someone about your frustrations.
5. You Are What You Eat
Certain foods have shown to be significant in preventing memory loss. Make sure to get your fruit and vegetable servings in. Don’t forget avocados!), many are filled with antioxidants that help protect your brain cells. Eat more foods with omega-3 fatty acids such as salmon, tuna and foods cooked with olive oil.
Take a good quality Omega-3 supplement such as Innate Choice or Nordic Naturals. Green tea is another option that has powerful antioxidants to protect from brain damage. Stay away from sugar and sugary foods.
Your memory is important at any age. Start incorporating these healthy habits to keep a strong memory for years to come.