Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Is it safe to take pain killer in mensuration cramps? If yes, then which medicine should be taken. Please suggest?
After how many days of missed period can I take quantitative hcg beta test to test for pregnancy? And after how many says home pregnancy test?
Herbal remedies for skin problems:
1. Acne, pimples, skin eruptions and rashes are common during monsoon. For people with oily skin, the situation gets worse. It is important to keep the skin clean and hydrated. For a healthy, blemish free skin, it is important to flush out the toxins. Drink 6 - 8 glasses (2-3 litres) of water daily.
2. For oily skin, it is best to use a mixture of cucumber juice and rose water on the face. This mixture helps to reduce the oiliness of the face.
3. Neem and fenugreek (both leaves and seeds) are excellent herbs for the skin. Applying neem paste on acne, skin rash and pimples provides great relief. One can also wash the face with neem water (boiled overnight and sieved). Apply a paste of freshly grinded fenugreek leaves on the face to ward off skin eruptions.
Sandalwood paste mixed with rose water effectively deals with acne and pimples. It provides a great cooling effect.
5. Manjistha is useful against skin rashes.
6. The antiseptic properties of turmeric are known to all. A mixture of chickpea flour (besan), milk and turmeric is an effective facial and body scrub. Use of aloe vera gel can also prove to be beneficial.
Herbal remedies for hair problems:
1. Hair fall, itchy scalp and dandruff problems are common during monsoon. It is very important to keep the scalp clean and healthy.
2. Aloe vera can greatly check and reverse the hair fall problem. Aloe vera hair mask is an effective herbal remedy to treat itchy scalp.
3. Use of amla, reetha and shikakai go a long way to control and prevent the hair fall and other hair related problems.
4. Turmeric, ginger, honey, amla and tulsi are excellent herbal options to deal with cold and cough.
Include lots of fruits, vegetables, avocados, berries and nuts into your diet.
5. Avoid coffee and sweetened beverages. Opt for herbal tea instead.
6. Avoid fast and processed foods completely.
This monsoon, do not let the health problems dampen your spirits. Embrace the goodness of herbal remedies and enjoy the season like never before.
I am in confusion I am married and I have one 5 years old daughter since one year am planing for another child but it is not happening I am male 38years old I think that my sperm count is getting less so can yougive me any advice for this confusion
Hello Doc I am 7 weeks pregnant I had my sonography done today my sac diameter is 6.8 and no fetus or no heartbeat observed are there still hopes? Or need to terminate the pregnancy.
Can you please tell me doctor ki january 2017 mai mara mensuration date kya hona chahiye jis sai baby diwali 2017 mai born ho sake. Because doctor mensuration date to phir bhi hum tablet k threw aage piece adjust kar sakti hai so I am asking u.now my mensuration date is 27 sep .and abhi three month hai agar mensuration adjust karna ho to. Diwali k din hi baby born karna chahta hai bahut jaruri hai. Can you please tell me. How it is possible.
I have some problems that I am not getting pregnant and my periods are irregular so please gide me what should I do and how to get pregnant.
Muje pcod ki problem h. Im 27 year unmarried girl. Aur muje 1 mnth se continuously periods aa rhe. continuously bleeding. Muje meri doc ne ginette 35 prescribed ki h. Is it safe?
Hi I have boyfriend. While sex .she drink my urine always. What I do now. He tell me he enjoy very much to drink urine. Its a daily program Any side effect
I have a baby boy of two years. because of pregnancy my weight gained too much. Now it's 90 kgs. Pls tell me how to reduce weight.
Not eating that bag of chips or drinking that bottle of soda is a difficult temptation to resist, especially if you eat them more than a few times a week. But these are not good for you; they are a storehouse of chemicals, which can wreak havoc on your health.
Here are seven reasons why you should avoid processed food:
- They are very addictive: When your body digests processed food, it overstimulates the proliferation of a neurotransmitter called dopamine. Dopamine makes you feel pleasure, which increases your cravings. And, cravings lead to more consumption, thus you get addicted to processed food.
- Cause damage to your bones and organs: Processed food contains phosphates that not only add taste, shelf-life and texture, but also end up damaging your bones and organs. Phosphates have been linked to premature aging, weak bones and kidney damage.
- Lead to digestion problems: Processed foods are usually rid of their natural enzymes, fibres and vitamins. This creates severe problems in your digestive system. Consuming such foods harms the good bacteria in your gut, which makes you vulnerable to infections.
- Can lead to mental degradation: If you find your memory slackening or you're finding it hard to concentrate, then you can blame your diet. Junk food, it has been found, gives you mood swings, makes your energy levels unstable and leaves you feeling angry and agitated.
- GMOs: Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) are what replace the 'real' ingredients in processed food. GMOs have been associated with infertility, gastrointestinal disorders, cancer and organ damage.
- Pesticides: For the GMOs to grow, farmers use herbicides and pesticides, which end up in your food. For example, certain cereals have been found to contain more than 70 types of pesticides.
- Processed food is artificial: When you compare real food with processed food, the obvious difference would be the way real food deteriorates over time, just like they should, while processed food remains the same. Processed food does not change with time, and proves how synthetic they are essentially.
Mene 20 sep ko sex kiya tha, or mera mc taim 10 oct tha, Lekin muze Abhi tak mc nahi aaya hai. To me kya karu plj kuch upay bataye.
Milk is not a simple drink; in fact, it can be called a phenomenon that traces back to thousands of years to time unknown. Even today the milk myth is very much present in our daily lives and you will be surprised to know that back in 2001, the average American kid drank more than 104 quarts of cow milk. But does it really have any good effect on human bones? Researchers say otherwise; milk tends to deplete the calcium content in human bones.
The cause in the myth of milk
The myth of milk has extended itself across the globe on the basis of a misconception that calcium and protein-rich drinks are essential to support bone health at all ages. Here it can be implied that the confusion regarding supposed benefits of milk may have stemmed from the fact that milk is rich in calcium, which is about 300 mg calcium for a cupful of milk.
Did you know that various scientific studies have reported that series of detrimental health issues are directly connected with consumption of milk? The most astonishing fact here is that not only do people hardly absorb the calcium contained in cow’s milk, but it leads to depletion of calcium content in the human bones. Similar to animal protein, milk would acidify the pH level of the body which leads to a biological correction. You can also take the package for Reducing Joint/Muscle Pains.
Milk causes depletion of calcium content in bones
Calcium is a great acid neutralizer and the largest store of calcium in the body is in the bones. Therefore, the calcium required by the bones to stay strong is contrarily used by the body for neutralizing the acidic effect of the milk. Once the calcium is taken out of the bone, it passes out of the body through urination. So the awful net outcome of consuming milk is a deficiency of calcium within the bones.
In a report published by the nutrition director for the physicians committee for responsible medicine, it is claimed that the countries with the highest level of osteoporosis are those where milk consumption is the highest. The report said that the relation between bone health and calcium consumption is poor. Just the way mother’s milk is indispensable for a human baby, cow’s milk owing to its very nature is ideal for calves.
Besides, depleting calcium content in the bones, cow’s milk increases the risk of fracture and is an acidifying animal protein that takes a toll on the human digestive system as well. If you are still skeptical about these facts, then let a healthcare provider explain it in detail to you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Saffron is widely used not only for its taste and aroma but for its health benefits as follows:
1. Active components in saffron acts as an antiseptic, antidepressant, anti-oxidant, digestive, anti-convulsant.
2. Is a good source of copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, selenium, zinc and magnesium. Potassium is important for cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Iron is essential for red blood cell production.
3. Is rich in many vital vitamins, including vitamin A, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin-C that is essential for optimum health.
4. Is used for asthma, cough and to loosen phlegm.
5. Is useful for sleep problems, hardening of the arteries, intestinal gas, depression, Alzheimer?s disease, pain, heartburn & dry skin.
6. Women use saffron for easing menstrual cramps & premenstrual syndrome. Men use it to prevent early orgasm (premature ejaculation) & infertility.
7. Is also used to increase interest in sex & to induce sweating.
8. Some people apply saffron directly to the scalp for prevention and cure of baldness (alopecia).
9. Is beneficial for hair as it helps in stimulating hair growth.
10. It can be mixed with licorice and milk and applied to bald spots. This will combat hair loss and promote hair growth.