Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K P Choudary
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K P ChoudaryYour feedback matters!
My elder daughter is 8 years old. She do bed wetting in the night daily. Is it normal? What do you suggest to cure this ?
Sir, I have 4mnth baby, past 1 mnth he had a trouble in getting out his motion regularly, we visited a doctor, he prescribed a medicine, what' s the problem is if he a take a medicine he regularly getting out the motion if stopped it then he didn' t getting out motion even for 3 days
My daughter is 9 months old. From 3 days she is having cold and fever. Sometime she is vomiting. And from today loose motion started. 4 days before she had Ganesha prasada in our society place. Still she has fever. Sometimes fever 101 or 102 f.can you recognize what is happening with her. She is taking medicine.
My daughter has been coughing a lot since last night. She is complaining of pain in throat and chest. During daytime the coughing is less, but it increases during the night. This has been happening for the last two days and has been taking Alex junior for the last 2 days. Also, she has been taking foracort 400 (1 puff twice a day) for last one month and asthalin puff on need basis. Please advice.
My friends kid is of 1 years 8 months. She get little late in polio vaccination for her baby but some how she managed polio booster vaccination on 23.06.2017. Today kid is having severe loose motion with stomach ach and fever with 102 deg temp. Please suggest some treatment as no qualified doctor is available at my friends site. Thanks.
Hai doctor I have 3 months baby but I have low milk supply for that I am taking daily two times oats with cinnamon to increase milk feeding, is there any side effect to take this oats with cinnamon?
Hi doctor I have my daughter age of 1 year hold baby she was got eye surgery in 6 months back for issue with eye cataract buildup. Now doctors said now baby 100% ok with vision. So now baby what ware tha glass for future vision So my questions is how 1 year baby how to maintain tha eye glass for ware please give me suggestions.
My baby is 9 months nw and is active but his weight is below 8 kg .should I use any vitamis to increase his weight
My son 15 month old is very weak & weight is very less compared to age. He is not interested to taking food & always suffering from digestion problem, constipation & bowel movement So kindly advice for balance food plan & health supplement for healthy weight gain & digestion.
My daughter is 3.5 years old, is extremely stubborn & a hyperactive kid. Apart from being fidgety she cries for every demand, is a poor eater, remains cranky & suffers from iron deficiency. She's really giving a tough time to us handling her. Please suggest if psychology has a solution through counseling. Thanks.
I am blessed with a girl baby on 26.10.2016. While going to pediatrician on 2.11.2016 for general check up. He found that the baby eyes appears yellow. He advised us to take jaundice test. Test result exhibits that the baby has jaundice and the reading is 18 mg/dl. Baby is kept under blue ray light and she has no fever. Please give some suggestions. We are worrying about our baby health condition.
My son is 2 month 3 weeks old and he is having loose motions since last seven days, what should I do to stop it?
Can I give dolo syrup, Zipod 50 dry syrup, coldman syrup, and deletus in combination for 2 year kid.
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.