Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K P ChoudaryYour feedback matters!
My baby is 9.5mths old. He used to have semi solid food watching cartoon. After returning back from our native place i. E. Udupi, he has stopped eating semi solid food as he used to have before. He also does not watch cartoon on TV as before while eating food. He drinks cows milk properly. It was hot in our native place and we used to give him cerelac and dal rice smashed. He is afraid of strangers and cries a lot. Please advice how to get my baby eat like before. What is the real cause of his change in behavior.
My son 15 month s has loss appetite and runny nose, with a slight diarrhea, he's not taking milk, rice, etc. I noticed that his molar tooth upper is coming out, can it be because of this ? he had a fever for 2 days but now normal, it's been 4 days now altogether.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My 4 years old son has a fever since 5 days also he had loose motions . As per doctor 's advice we have given him paracetamol syrup and antibiotics. But the fever is not yet controlled. It ranges between 99 °f to 100 °f. I am worried a lot. He is not eating anything and we forcefully give him liquid diet and boiled potatoes, rice etc.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. I gave her less than an ounce of water and she threw it up within a matter of seconds! I have tried infant tylenol crackers and water please help.
Hi doctor my baby is 3 1/2 months old. Her poo seems to be watery for past 4 days. I don know the reason. I am giving only breast milk. Please can advise.
My son is 2.5 yrs old but he doesn't talk. He used to say some words I. E maa. Pa. Pa. Etc till 1.5 yrs. But after suffered from serious illness he left talking. And now he tells sometimes maa pa. Pa. Pa etc but not talk as normal as others. I went through his BERA test and found report normal. We consulted many doctors but no one diagnosed the reason and says that he will tell but it will take time. Being his father I am very anxious for his career. Please suggest me sir.
My baby has completed 6 months now, for last 20 days she is having loose motions. We are not giving any outside food except mother's milk. The pediatrician advised not to worry, it will stop on its own. First three days we gave econorm, but doctor suggested to stop it as the Baby don't have any infection problem, so no antibiotics needed. Baby is active, no vomiting. But motions didn't stop. What to do ?
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes Behind Migraines
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy
Migraine is treated in homeopathy by attacking the root causes that may trigger them. Rather than temporarily alleviating pain, homeopathic treatments aim at curing the problem completely.
Some of the medicines that are known to be effective are:
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Sanguinaria: Is highly effective for situations where the migraine is on the right side of the head.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
How to overcome bad odour in my 2 and half years old boy's poo though his bowel movements normol everyday.
My son (1 year old, 11 kg) was crying inconsolably and twisting his body and after half an hour he vomited two times around 4 pm yesterday. Also he has got fever at night and in today's morning. Then I consulted pediatrician yesterday and he advised that due to viral infection my son is suffering and symptoms may get subsided after 2-3 days. Dr. Has prescribed maxtra, grandem, one ear drop (for any irritation in ear on sos). Please advise on this issue.
My baby is 4 years old suffering from rickets. What are the remedial steps should taken in diet or daily routine?
The role of parents in language development of children is a primary one. Basically, it will be a one way communication as babies will not respond, but that should not deter you from speaking to them. It has been shown that talking to children early on helps them to talk faster and learn more words. The number of words a child hears is directly proportional to the amount of vocabulary he/she will be able to master.
6 ways to help your baby learn speaking:
- Let them listen a lot: Children learn speaking by listening first. So more and more words they will listen, so do they will speak. Make sure your child comes in contact with children in the peer group and plays with them as with the help of their friends they can learn many words.
- Read a book: You should start reading to your child as early as possible. The type of book is not as important as you may use, various touch and feel books such as graphic novels. Initially, you may start with board books and then move on to picture books and finally to story books. It helps in increasing the child's vocabulary.
- Talk as much as you can: Part of a child's ears and brain that respond to sound are developed since birth, so even though talking to your baby may not make much sense, talking to them enhances their development of speech. The infant absorbs the words which facilitates speaking.
- Look for cues: If the child is interested in something such as a book or a toy, then engage with the child on that subject. Encourage him/her to ask questions and interact as much as possible. These interactions help in enhancing the child's language skills.
- Limit television: Using television to teach vocabulary to your child is not as effective as talking directly. The primary reason is that characters in television do not react to your child's cues. This does not allow the child interact, which results in reduced language learning.
- Treat ear infections early: It is important to treat ear infections early as this causes hearing problems which in turn delays language learning. Consulting a pediatrician to get treatment for ear infections of your child is advisable. You should see to it that the child is being administered medications at regular intervals.
My grand son is 11 and half months old. Since last night he has got fever even now his fore head is very hot.Please advise.
When the pulp of the tooth becomes inflamed, septic or lifeless, one needs to go through the root canal treatment.