Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K P ChoudaryYour feedback matters!
Hi we have 6 months baby and want a gap of at least 2 years for next one. We want some remedy to avoid pregnancy for next 2 years even we meet. Please advice suitable precautions. During my search in Internet I come across this" Birth Control Implant, Your doctor inserts this small, thin, and flexible plastic rod into your arm. " Is it available in Hyderabad, India. Please help me.
My nephew is suffering from hypoglycea? He had low sugar at birth time, now he is unable to see, sit, stand, walk. Can he be OK ever or not? If yes then how? Now he is 4 years old.
My daughter is 14 days old. Every night seems she is getting her nose blocked and finding difficulty in breathing. We are giving nasoclear. Is it a common phenomenon to new born? Shall we continue to use nasoclear like this?
She is suffering from pcos from long time. And her 1 month of the 3 month treatment has been Completed. So how do she know that she is getting better. She had period of 5 days last month. please tell me the all symptoms of getting better.
My daughter is 10 and half month she can't stand on her leg. She can crawl. please tell me should I give calcium medicine or consult to an pediatrician.
Hello Doctor, My daughter is 2 years old. I have two questions. 1. We are struggling to feed her everyday. She don't like to eat any sort of food beyond 2 spoons. Even if we involve her in some play and feed, she will vomit in some time. Not sure of reason. Can someone please help. 2. We forgot to take her for 2 years vaccine. Is there any problem if we take her for 2 years vaccine even with one month delay.
Hello Friends, I’m Dr.Vikas Deshmukh. I’m a neuro-psychiatrist and sexologist working in Navi Mumbai, Vashi area. So today, we are going to talk about ADHD.
So, what exactly is ADHD and why is it important to you?
ADHD means Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. So the name itself is self explanatory. So in ADHD there are three major components. One, is inattention. Other is hyperactivity and the last is, impulsivity. Early diagnosis and management of ADHD is very important or else it can ruin your child’s academic or career. So the first symptom of ADHD is inattention. Inattention is not noticeable until the child goes to school.
Most of the time inattention could be neglected at home. In inattention the child might be procrastinating the things, not completing the task, switching from one uncompleted task to another uncompleted task, unable to complete both the tasks. So symptoms can be disorganized, bahut messy rahega child, bilkul he cheezein yahan wahan padi hui hai, systematically kuch dhang se kaam nahi ho pa raha hai use. Then he is not able to focus on certain topic. Teacher padha rahi hai toh ye choti si awaz aayegi toh uska dhyaan wahan jayega, teacher jo padha rahi hai who likh nahi payega theek se, small small mistakes he’ll make, likhte hue bhi ek word gayab ho jayega, ek word mein kahin ek letter gayab ho jayega, kabhi kabhi cheexein bhool kar aane – bhoolna, forgetfulness is also a very common symptom. Pen bhoolke aayega, pencil bhool ke aayega, eraser bhool ke aayega, kabhi kabhi tiffin, kabhi water bottle bhool kar aayega. This is very common.
- Inattentiveness mein ek aur bhi chhez hai jaise ki aap usko bulaoge toh ek baar mein woh aapke taraf dhyaan nahi de payega. You have to call him multiple times. “Arre beta mein ne kitni baar bola, kitni baar mein aap ko yeh sab sunaya. Agar usko aap kuch kaam bolte ho, jaise teen se chaar cheezein ek saath bolte ho toh who saare teen chaar kaam ek saath dhyaan mein nahi rakh pata hai. Koi na koi cheez hundred percent bhoolega. Yeh inattention mein bahut common hai.
- Second one is hyperactivity. Hyperactivity mein child is very hyper, not able to sit in one place, constant fidgeting, squirming in their seat, fidgeting means kuch na kuch movement chalu rahega – haath ka, per ka, kuch na kuch – bina hile beth nahi sakta baccha. Isko bolte hai constant fidgeting and squirming in the seat. Kuch nahi rahega toh seat pe he idhar udhar apne aap mein hona. Yeh sab who baccha aapko karte hue dikhai dega. Hyperactivity mein aur ek cheez, you feel as if uss ke andar motor fix kiya hai, continuously on the move, unable to stop at all.
- The next thing we can see is trouble playing quiet games like Chess or pursuing quiet hobbies, he can not do that. Then, talks excessively, bahut zyada baat karna ki usko stop karna mushkil ho jata hai. And in adult and teenage, this hyperacticity can be seen in the form of inner restlessness. Who andar se restless feel hota hai unko. You may not see that hyperactivity physically but that inner restlessness is there.
- So the third part is impulsivity. Impulsivity is when the child is impatient. He cannot wait for his turn. Queue mein agar khara hai, toh “Arre mera number kyun nahi aa raha hai hai, kyun mein itne der se khara hoon.” If you ask him a question, before completion of the question he will blurt out the answer. “Teacher answer yeh hai, teacher yeh hai.” He can make multiple mistakes for that. Frequently interrupts others. Do bade baat kar rahe ho toh baat khatam hone tak rukega nahi, beech mein aa ke aap ko disturb karega. Aap ko lagega har baccha aisa karta hai but hamesha agar bacha karta rahe toh this is a sign of ADHD.
Kabhi kabhi agar kar raha hai toh it’s okay, jab usko urgency rahega, jab usko kahin jaa na rahega. Starting conversations at inappropriate times is also a sign of ADHD.
So ADHD manage karna kyun zaroori hai?
ADHD mainly do components ko bahut zyada affect karta hai. One is academic and other is socialization. Toh academics mein kaise ADHD kaise harm kar sakega? For example, if your kid has an IQ jisse use ninety percent marks aa sakte hai aaram se but if he is not able to pay attention aur woh studies mein focus nahi kar payega, attention nahi de payega teacher kya padha rahi hai, books mein kya likha hua hai, toh who padhke apne brain mein register nahi kar payega. So attention is first required for registration. Then, again, when he wants to recall it, tab bhi use dimaag shant rakh ke recall karna padta hai. Tab bhi use recall karne ke liye attention chahiye. Toh jo ninety percent ka baccha hai agar usko ADHD hai, according to the severity of ADHD, he can slip down to sixty percent, fifty percent, or forty percent. So aaj kal ki zindagi main ek ek marks ke liye bhi bahut tagra competition hai, you know that. Agar ye competition mein itna agar bacche ka performance kum ho gaya toh this is very dangerous for the career of your child. So time pe ilaaj hona zaroori hai. Doosra behviour mein, socialization mein farak dikhta hai. Agar mein kahin galti karta hoon ya mujhse koi galti hoti hai aur woh mere parents ko, mere teachers ko pasand nahi aayi toh I should be attentive ki mein uss cheez ko dhyaan mein rakhu. Dhyaan mein rakhne ke liye mujhe attention chahiye, “Arre haan mummy ne last time aise bola tha, mummy ko ye pasand nahi aaya tha, teacher ko who cheez pasand nahi aayi thi”. Yeh mere dimaag mein register hona chahiye, yeh register hone ke baad mein jab next time kaam karoonga, tab mujhe who samajh mein ayega ki “arre haan, nahi last time yeh galti kiya tha, mummy ko pasand nahi aaya tha, ab yeh nahi karna chahiye.” But yeh attention he mere paas nahi rahega toh wahi galtiyan mein roz karoonga. Kal bhi maine maar khaaya tha, aaj bhi mein maar khaaonga, aur parso bhi mein maar khaane wala hoon. So this is a part and parcel of life ho jaata hai, aur wahi wahi galtiyaan repeat hoti hai. Toh patient khud ke ilava kissi aur ke bare mein soch nahi pata. Toh woh socialization mein kaafi peeche pad jaata hai.
Is ke treatment part mein kya aata hai?
First is Occupational Therapy jiss mein child ka hyperactivity kaafi hadh tak kum hota hai. Second is parenting techniques ki baccho ko behavioural therapy mein daal kar ke kaise uska parenting kiya jaaye. And third one is medicines. Medicine is a very important part of therapy. Most of the parents ask us ki arre itne chote bache ko medicines chalu karenge, kuch side effects hoga toh, kuch problem hua toh? Minor side effects medicines ke rehte hai but those side effects can be managed with proper consultation. Aur yeh medicines baccho ke liye he banaya gaya hai toh baccho ko yahi dena padega. Baccho ko sardi khaasi ho gaya, baccho ko bukhar aa gaya tabh aap bolte ho ki baccho ko medicine nahi dena chahiye? Agar who baccho ke liye banaya gaya hai toh who baccho ko he dena padega. So hope this discussion is helpful for you and please be proactive and seek help.
Don’t let ADHD destroy your child’s future. For more information, you can contact me on www.lybrate.com.
Thank you very much!
My baby is three months old. Recently she has got shaved and I found her head full of dandruff. Is it possible for such small baby to have dandruff. And does she needs to be treated?
Hi, My daughter is grinding her teeth during sleep. She also sleeps with her eyes half closed. The problem is only increasing and more noticeable now. She has also started taking fingers in her mouth. Is this behaviour normal? What could be the reason? Please suggest a remedy. Thanks, Nawaz.
My one year baby has suddenly not drinking milk why? and what I do for make her good health pls tell me.
My son is 3.5 month old and from many days he poops green and four to three times a day. He is only on breast feeding.
What Causes Eczema? Ways to Prevent Eczema Outbreaks
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
The factors that play a role in causing eczema are:
- Dry skin brings down your skin's ability to fend off irritants as well as allergy causing substances from entering your skin, resulting in an inflammatory condition.
- Genetics is also one of the factors that may affect the proper functioning of your skin as a barrier against harmful substances. Therefore, if either one of the parent or both suffers from the condition, it is very likely that their children too will suffer from it.
- Abnormal functioning of your body's immune system can also lead to this skin condition. This is because it's your body's immune system that fights off infections as well as harmful intruders.
- The presence of the bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which brings about sweat buildup, inflames the skin considerably, leading to this condition.
- Even environmental factors like pollen, cigarette smoke lead to the flaring of eczema.
How can you prevent an eczema outbreak?
It is very common for this skin condition to flare-up from time to time. But you can avoid such outbreaks or reduce their severity by following these very simple ways:
- Keep your skin well-moisturized so that it doesn't dry out causing further irritation.
- Sudden changes in temperature can cause the skin condition to break out. So, when the weather is hot, keep yourself cool but during cold weather, use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Keep sweating in check as it can cause an outbreak very easily
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents and soaps, woolen materials as well as the consumption of foods that may lead to flare-ups