Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. K. N OjhaYour feedback matters!
My aunt is very sweet and loving. But on the contrary she gets violent even at 60 and hardly can control her anger. At times she gets very depressed about life and actually it is increasing day by day and she keeps ruminating over the past and recalling the past unpleasant memories. She feels alienated but it is not so. It is in her thought process. Everyone in the family loves n cares for her but she feels insecure. And one thing lastly she gets panicky about petty matters.
I am 23 year old girl and i've completed my mca. Now I am a job seeker but till now I didn't get any success in any way though i'm topper of my branch. So sometime I feel frustrated and feel like I am failure.
Greetings sir. I am preparing for competitive exam I want to improve the memory power please let me know how to improve it and what are the foods to be taken to vet ultimate memory power.
I am 44 years old. I am under sever depression from past 1 yr. Always think negatively. Feeling unsecured, dull, low energy, heavy head, sleepy. Left my secured job due to heavy pressure and treatment by superior. Joined my friend to start new business but could not stay longer due to loneliness and away from family. Returned back to home. Joined startup again but not able to concentrate. Working alone from home, income has reduced to 1/3rd. The revenue in current venture is uncertain. Finding hard.
Head injuries occur due to a variety of injuries - road accidents, falls, sports, assaults, etc. While some injuries might be obvious, others may not have an external injury. However, given the structure and vascularity of the brain, there could be definite damage to the blood flow and brain function. There would be alteration in the person's behavior which may seem weird to others. A detailed history and examination will help unearth these symptoms and the underlying causes and thereby manage them. Any of the above injuries can result in jarring of the brain, and especially in cases of children, it is advisable to immediately consult a doctor. If it was a very minor injury, then any of the following symptoms should warrant a visit to the doctor.
- Worsening headache
- Difficulty waking up from sleep
- Irritability and confusion
- Unequal pupil size or dilated pupils
- Confused about name or place of belonging
- Unclear speech
- Numbness in the legs or arms
As with all other conditions, homeopathy believes in getting to the root of the issue and not just treating the symptoms. There have been cases reported where the patient had severe symptoms, was given homeopathic remedies with complete cure of symptoms. There are specific remedies in the acute phase and the chronic phase. In acute phase, commonly given remedies in the acute phase include Aconite, Arnica, and opium. They are aimed at stimulating recovery and should be given immediately after the injury has happened.
- Aconite: Used when the patient is restless and panicky with the fear of death.
- Opium: These may have injuries elsewhere but not on the head, may feel dazed or be in coma, could also have a bloated face.
- Arnica: If the patient is severely bruised, however is denying help and claims to feel well, then Arnica should be given
In chronic phase these remedies help in managing the long term implications of a concussion that sets in sometimes even after months.
- Natrum sulphuricum: The person here is usually depressed and irritable, suicidal in some cases, have a feeling of ringing in the ears, experience vertigo. The symptoms are worsened in wet or damp conditions.
- Natrum muriaticum: The person becomes sad or withdrawn, have a chronic headache that is worsened when out in the sun and develop a dislike for salt. Being at the seaside can make these symptoms to improve or worsen dramatically.
- Hypericum: The person will have convulsions immediately after the injury and can complain of pins and needles sensation later on.
- Helleborus: The person seems shut down since the injury has happened with indifference to pain or pleasure.
- Hyoscymus: The person becomes talkative, excited, laughs inappropriately, and in rare cases, muscle spasms or even epilepsy.
Sir, I can not speak before an audience as I will think about them what they would think about me. Therefore I am not in a position to do official communication before them .Please give a reply.
I can't sleep at night easily always. I AM suffering from depression .that's why I always woke up late. please help me.
I am suffering from a mental conflict i. E. What to do or not. Beside, my mind is very unstable. I feel mentally disturbed. How can I get rid of it?
Dr. My Husband get lot of tensed. What can I do. I want to share lot of things sir. We are love marriage. 3 months only we are married. 9years we loved then marriage. But still he did not understand me. Like we are working same office. So he said" you don't know why behavior like office. And he said compare to another one guy but that guy I totally hurt. My office staff s all are known I am good character and speakly friendly. But he said wrong. I can not bearable Dr. Last 9 years that same problem, was continued Dr. what can I do. And I got a new job. He said do not go here. Any other boyfriend have this office he asking. Totally I hurt for my self Dr. He totally damaged my self Dr. So I can not bearable thats why I attempt a suicide Dr. My mind is restless Dr. What can I do. I try to spoke with him but he started very bad words. How can I try to understand him. Please Dr. help me.
I am in depression from a long time nearly from 5 years. Day by day problem is getting worsened. I am full of negativeness .i just like to be alone. L lack words while speaking. I have habit of pre thinking about everything that I am going to do. It has effected my life so much that I always want to be alone. I fear about my family when I wiil not have any job what will be condition. I keep myself busy in mobile. This has worsened my thinking power. I am getting addicted to chat to girls only. Filled of sexual thoughts about every single girl I talk. I know I am doing wrong bt unable to control myself .As while seeing any girl I get sexually attracted. I started masturbating since I was 15 year old. I do nearly everyday even I dream a lot. There is no day that I dotn dream any bad dreams .Also have habit of nail biting, lips biting, biting inner part of cheeks. Im gud in study but these thing have effected my mind a lot. Please help me. I have gone to any dctr because of having not enough money. What to do.
My mother is suffering from sleeping disorder. She sleeps 2 to 4 hours in night that too not continuous sleep. She keeps on thinking about unwanted things and makes herself stress and anxious. Please help me over this to make my mom normal. It's makes me so panic and worry. Thanks in advance.
I am a 17 year old teen ager I am very stressed and sometime I feel I can not give my 100% to my studies so guide me and help me please in right way.
Dipolar depression from last 10 years, solian 100 mg taken continue from last three years now tumour observed in the brain.
I am taking so much tension even though the problem is very small. So I want to know is this kind if disease and if this is disease then what is the medical remedy.
Mera meri gf se breakup ho gya h me iss baat se bht depression me rehta hu me usse baat bhi nhi karna chahta pr hamesha depression me aa jata hu.
home remedies for anxiety
Chamomile helps calm you down and relieves anxiety. According to a 2009 study published in the Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, chamomile (Matricaria retutica) may help reduce anxiety symptoms in those suffering from mild to moderate Generalized Anxiety Disorder. It also promotes relaxation and drowsiness due to its mild sedative affect.
•Steep two to three teaspoons of dried chamomile, preferably German chamomile, in a cup of hot water for three to five minutes. Strain it and, if you wish, add honey and cinnamon to it. Drink this tea a few times a day for about one month or until you see improvement.
•Alternatively, take this herb in supplement form. Consult your doctor for proper dosage. Adults can generally take 400 to 1600 mg capsules in divided doses daily, or one to four ml of liquid extract three times a day.
The uplifting smell of oranges and orange peels helps calm the nerves. Moreover, citrus fragrances are believed to help fight depression and boost immunity.
•Simply peeling an orange and inhaling its aroma can help uplift your mood. For better results, put a few orange peels in a pan of water and allow it to simmer. Inhale the refreshing smell to do away with your anxiety. Repeat as needed.
•You can also drink one cup of fresh orange juice mixed with one teaspoon of honey and a pinch of nutmeg powder. Drink it daily for a few days or weeks.
Rosemary is another popular home remedy for anxiety due to its calming effect. Furthermore, it stimulates circulation, relaxes the respiratory and digestive muscles, and has a positive effect on memory and alertness.
•Add one or two teaspoons of dried rosemary to one cup of hot water. Let it steep for about 10 minutes, and then strain it. Drink this tea daily until you are satisfied with the results.
•You can also use rosemary incense or add a few drops of rosemary essential oil in an aromatherapy diffuser or vaporizer.
Lavender induces relaxation and relieves depression. It has a calming and soothing effect on the nervous system due to its bioactive constituents such as linalool and linalyl acetate.
Studies also indicate that it may be helpful in reducing anxiety, but further research is needed to draw conclusions about clinical anxiety disorders.
•Boil two cups of water, add two to four drops of lavender essential oil to it, and inhale the steam to ease anxiety. Repeat as needed.
•Alternatively, mix three or four drops of lavender oil in one teaspoon of almond oil, olive oil or any base oil. Use it as a massage oil on your neck, back and shoulders. Repeat daily or a few times a week until your condition improves.
Nutmeg is an aromatic spice that promotes relaxation, fights depression and works as a muscle relaxant. Hence, it is great for treating anxiety, stress and depression. It is also believed to help improve sleep quality.
Simply inhale the smell of nutmeg oil to uplift your mood and reduce brain exhaustion. You can also add one-quarter teaspoon of nutmeg powder in your food on a regular basis.
Note: Excessive use of nutmeg is not recommended, especially for those who have psychiatric conditions.
6. Lemon Balm
Lemon balm, a member of the mint family, works as a mild relaxant and nerve tonic. Hence, it has been used for ages to reduce anxiety, promote sleep and improve appetite. You can combine it with valerian, green tea, lavender, catnip or other herbs.
•Steep one teaspoon of dried lemon balm in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. Make sure the tea pot is covered so that the aromatic oils do not escape. Drink a cup of this tea before going to bed for a couple of weeks. Do not take it for more than two weeks at a time.
•Alternatively, take this herb in supplement form. Generally, it is suggested to take 400 mg capsules twice daily. Consult your doctor for the proper dosage to meet your needs.
Note: Do not use this herb in excess; it may make you more anxious.
Almonds are loaded with nutrients, especially omega-3 fatty acids that improve your mood and help alleviate anxiety and depression. The anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids fight cellular inflammation that causes a breakdown in signaling between brain cells.
1.Soak 10 almonds in water overnight.
2.The next morning, peel off the skin and grind the almonds.
3.Add this paste and a pinch of nutmeg and ginger to one cup of milk.
4.Drink it daily or a few times a week until you see improvement.
This wonderful herb calms the nerves and helps ease anxiety. It contains volatile oils that have an anxiolytic (anxiety-relieving) effect. Also, it reduces gastrointestinal symptoms that often accompany anxiety.
CONSULT FOR MORE QUERIES AND HERBAL TREATMENT.
I am just 22 year old. I am doing be currently and I am now very upset due to my future life what should I do?
Im 21years old I hve pcod and using cycloset syrup. I did not take syrup regularly bcz I forgot every time. I did nt get my period since 3months. What should I do to get period suggest me medicine to get period with in 1week Thnq.
For a fully functional and productive life, a person requires a healthy body and a healthy mind. Mental health issues could range from depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder, dementia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, schizophrenia, autism and other causes. Hence, it is important that a person pays attention to these mental health disorders to avoid further problems in their lives, as well as the lives of the people around them.
Here are a few reasons as to why a person should not avoid or ignore their mental health problems:
- Better Physical Health: There is a solid association between the brain and the body. In case you are in physical pain, your work and family life might be influenced or you will be unable to do the activities you might like. This can prompt anxiety, nervousness and depression. People with physical health issues are three times more prone to look for mental health care than those without physical conditions as physical health problems can prompt mental distress and mental health issues can impair your physical health.
- Enhanced Productivity and Financial Stability: Stressful situations may trigger reactions that can make a person unproductive and lead to financial problems as well. Some people end up abandoning their homes, going bankrupt or homeless after trying to manage some sort of mental illness.
- Less Strain on the Family: Mental sickness or disorders influence families as well. The children of individuals with mental health issues are at more serious danger for misuse, disregard and an extensive variety of emotional and behavioral issues. Since they cannot look up to their parents for help and they frequently isolate themselves from their friends and most of them do not get the required social backing. Much of the time, the impact extends into adulthood, driving children to look for psychological or mental treatment of their own.
- Evasion of Crime and Victimization: A few studies recommend that individuals with untreated mental health, particularly in combination with other risk factors, might be at risk of carrying out criminal activities, violence or most probably becoming victims themselves. The danger increases gradually when the individual uses medications or alcohol or has acute symptoms. It could also happen if they are not aware of their mental state or have a poor adherence to medication. Usually, acts of violence happen against relatives or somebody in the individual's nearby group of friends or in close proximity to them.
- A Longer, Happier Life: Individuals with even a mild mental health issue may have a lower life expectancy and a short life span. Those with the largest amounts of depression or nervousness had the danger of death that increased an incredible ninety-four percent, mostly identified with heart diseases.