Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.L. Sarawagi
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. K.L. SarawagiYour feedback matters!
Taking knee replacement surgery to the next level
When the world is driven by technology, can we as surgeons can be far behind?
Let's see what does technology has to offer to a knee replacement surgeon?
Precise alignment and balancing of the new knee implants is imperative for its long time survival - that's where technology kicks in. The computer helps us to accurately define the axis and the angles so that your new knee fits well and is placed within millimeters of defined scientific parameters. It reduces the chances of human error towards the placement of the new knee implants. If the implants are not aligned well it leads to pain, poor function and early loosening and failure of the surgery. This technology has lead to an improvement in the precision factor of the surgery and made the results more predictable and reproducible.
How is it different from the conventional/regular knee replacement surgery and what advantages can you derive from the procedure?
A number of benefits can be derived from computer navigated knee replacement surgery such as:
1. It enables us to make smaller incisions with minimal soft tissue dissection occurring as well. As a consequence, there's greater protection of your quadriceps tendon and muscle during the procedure which helps in early rehabilitation.
2. Bone cuts are more precise in nature as well as are reproduced in a highly clear manner imparting greater accuracy and fit of the implant.
3. In a computer navigated knee replacement the ligament balancing is done in a highly precise manner which ensures the longevity of the new knee.
4. It eliminates the need to place a rod inside the intramedullary bone canal of the thigh bone, thereby, decreasing chances of postoperative bleeding and embolism.
5. In complex cases involving deformity of the thigh or leg bones due to previous fracture, excessive bowing, and trauma implants such as plate and screws in situ, traditional alignments systems are difficult to use. In these cases, computer navigated knee surgery is the most preferred method as all these doesn't pose any challenge.
The outcome is a better performance of the replaced knee, both short and long-term in nature.
Related Tip: What kind of treatment does your knee pain require?