Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K L AttamYour feedback matters!
What should be a daily routines after marriage to maintain figure and face. What about daily basis sex. What should be the gap ?
We had intercourse 3 times in 10 days during our perspective fertile periods to conceive. Now its 22nd day of periodic cycle today she felt acidity kind of n fever too and feeling of nausea vomiting wd pain in lower body including stomach n legs all. Acidity is also a common for my wife almost daily she takes digene syrup every alternate night. I want to know if it is a sign of conceiving or not. please guide If not den what are the symbols so dat I can check fr any present symptoms.
I have a gall bladder stone, thyroid and pcod. And right now I am taking ayurvedic medicines for gall bladder stone and thyrop for thyroid. No medicines for pcod. Can you suggest me which type of food I should take and a list of food that I need to avoid.
My wife is 8th month pregnant. And tom is karvachoth fast. should she keep the fast or not. And what about mehandi. Can she apply mehandi on her hands?
I am a 19 year old girl and I have noticed an offensive stench coming from my cervical mucus today. I didn't miss my periods and I'm not pregnant. Why am I having such smell?
I am suffering from disease called herpes, it's very itching and painful, I have taken some medicine for three day's, but it spread nearby, please suggest me the solution of this disease, I applying a cream on it (acivir), but it's not affective, help me to get rid of this. Itching and pain. Thanks.
I am 4 days due to period, but m feeling cramps in lower abdomen and feeling wet down is that sign of pregnancy or periods.
Women tend to develop high levels of blood sugar during their pregnancy (especially within the 24th and 28th weeks), irrespective of whether they already had suffered from diabetes prior to their pregnancy. However, gestational diabetes, if not taken proper care of, might escalate the risks of developing diabetes in the near future for both the mother and the child, accompanied by complications in pregnancy or labor. Gestational diabetes is usually characterized by mild symptoms such as excessive urge to urinate, excessive thirst, blurred vision and fatigue.
Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, allows for the utilization of the glucose for energy. The food consumed is broken down by the digestive tract of the body, converting carbohydrates into glucose before releasing it into the bloodstream. The glucose is then absorbed by the cells to be used as an energy source. Now, at the time of pregnancy, the placenta (organ nourishing the fetus) connecting the baby to the blood supply also produces various other hormones in high levels, for instance, estrogen and human placental lactogen. Most of these hinder the normal functioning of insulin in the cells, hence raising the blood sugar count. With subsequent growth of the baby, the placenta keeps on producing more amounts of such insulin resistant hormones to an extent that they are capable of meddling with the development of the baby.
1. Monitoring the blood sugar count at least four to five times a day and keeping it under control might help to ease the complication.
2. A healthy diet consisting of whole grains, vegetables and fruits in the right proportion and limiting sugar or other highly refined carbs meets the nutrition and fiber requirement of the body. Guard against additional weight gain during pregnancy as that hampers the entire process.
3. Exercise or regular physical activities help to normalize blood sugar level by boosting glucose absorption in the cells. Furthermore, exercises also enhance the sensitivity of the cells towards insulin. This means that only a little amount of insulin production by your body would be enough for the transportation of sugar.
4. Medication, If exercise and diet fall inadequate, insulin injections are often administered to control blood sugar count.
5. Keeping the baby under close observation with the help of repeated ultrasound and other tests to record its growth and development is an essential part of the treatment plan. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Her test of thyroid come normal which is 0.95 value of tsh on first July 2016. It was 150 before the three months on first April 2016. Now I cross check her and that also come normal the value of second time is 1.05 tsh value. She is taking throx 75 and before this she was taking throx 100 for this. Now unfortunately she is not getting pregnant it's ninth month of marriage. What is wrong with this matter with her. Thanks a lot to you.
Sir my parters last date was on 7 june, and we had unprotected sex yesterday 4 july, should I gave her contraceptive tablet, or is it safe because her periods date is close. please help as soon as possible with clear remarks.
Hello, I am 39 weeks pregnant. But my baby lies in posterior cephalic position, So cervix head is not dilated. What should do for normal delivery?
Hello Doc, My wife have a serious problem in her intimate part. Is that any type of infection. She have pain in legs. We start a treatment. And doctor say that maybe she has infection in her intimate part. Can you please help?
Hi I am 31 years old I have two kids my elder son is 2.5 years and younger son 3 months. On may I underwent tuberectomy (surgical method not laproscopic) in near by hospital. Still some tissue fluid is discharging from my sututal site. I am doing alternate days sterile dressing. No pus discharge only tissue fluid. I did culture which shows negative growth. After 14 days still oozing and mild pain iin that area. What should I do? taken lot of antibiotics and vit c tablets.
Hello mam/sir she had periods before a week ago and after that we had unprotected sex or we can say that we do not use condoms while having sex and I come his vagina and she is bleeding and after 10 to 15 mint I give unwanted 72 pill to her is there chances to get pregnant plzz give me some proper solution.
Vaginal yeast infection occurs when too many yeast cells grow in the vagina, causing inflammation. It can spread by sexual contact but is not considered as a sexually transmitted infection. A yeast infection results in soreness or itching in the vagina with a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes of yeast infections in the vagina:
The vagina contains a balanced mix of yeast and bacteria; but if the balance is disrupted, it can lead to yeast infection. The reasons for overgrowth of yeast infections are:
- If antibiotics are used more than usual, they can decrease the level of lactobacillus bacteria present in the vagina, changing the pH of vagina
- Having high estrogen levels during pregnancy by using high dose birth control pills and hormone therapy can lead to the overgrowth of yeasts.
- Having diabetes, especially when the blood sugar level is not checked and tends to be high
- Having a weak or impaired immune system
- Being overweight and having poor eating habits, including foods high in sugar level
Risk factors associated with the condition:
A number of factors can increase your risk of getting a vaginal yeast infection.
- Using antibiotics heightens your risk of developing vaginal yeast infection as it disrupts the balance between yeast and bacteria. Excessive intake of antibiotics can kill healthy bacteria, leading to overgrowth of yeast organisms.
- Having a weak immune system with conditions such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV can lead to an overgrowth of yeast in the vagina. Corticosteroid medicines also weaken the immune system.
- Wearing pants that are tight-fitting, nonabsorbent and undergarments that trap warmth and moisture
- Having high estrogen levels due to an imbalance of hormone levels during pregnancy or menstrual cycle can also lead to vaginal yeast infection.