Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K.K. VermaYour feedback matters!
Hi I have a three year old daughter who have cough for last 7-8 days. It is a dry cough and we had shown her to some doctor who prescribed benadryil. Her cough is not getting bettre Kindly advice
My niece is 8 years old but she is still doing pee during sleeping n playing although in school. Problem is that after doing it she not inform anyone and continue to doing her work. Please advise us. Thanks
One member in my family is undergoing TB treatment. He lives with us. He us now almost cured. Is it necessary to each of us to go far tb test? And if yes, which test is easy?
Hiii doctor I want to asked you that my baby is 6 months old. Nw what should I give him .should I give him mango too.
Children are more susceptible to health problems as their immunity is still developing and along with frequent infections such as fever or stomach problems, skin problems are a common affliction. Most skin problems within children are a manifestation of the underlying conditions such as allergies or other sicknesses. Some of the common skin allergies and problems are mentioned here.
- Heat Rash or Prickly Heat: This is possibly the most common skin condition that children are generally afflicted by. These are small red bumps on the skin which look like minute pimples. It is caused due to the blockage of the pores and excessive sweating due to hot weather or wearing warm clothes.
- Ringworm: Unlike the name, this condition isn’t actually caused by the infection from a worm. Ringworm is named so due to the ring that forms on the skin which is scaly, inflamed, red in color and can be quite itchy. It is mostly caused by a fungus that lives on the skin. Ringworms are mostly passed through skin to skin contact.
- Chickenpox Rashes: Although there are vaccines that have minimized the occurrence of this disease, it still occurs from time to time. One of the tell-tale signs of this disease are the rashes that may develop all over the body which is accompanied by fever. Although, these may go away, some marks from the rashes may remain and it is important to take care so that they don’t leave any mark behind.
- Eczema: This is another very common skin condition that afflicts many kids and is usually attributed to allergies and asthma. The typical symptoms usually include a patch of raised skin which is inflamed and red. Children often complain about excessive itching and the affected skin tends to be quite dry. Although topical medications are useful, curing or treating the underlying symptoms shows remarkable improvement.
- Impetigo: This is a type of bacterial infection which primarily occurs around the mouth and nose but repeated scratching can spread it around other parts of the body as well. In this condition, red sores or blisters may develop on the skin and then develop a yellow crust which may even ooze fluid sometimes. It is mostly spread by the use of objects such as toys and clothing items or even towels. Antibiotics may be required to treat this condition.
- Allergic reactions or contact dermatitis: Another very common skin problems that affect kids, this occurs as a reaction to certain chemicals such as those found in certain foods, soaps, plants or insects which may either cause a lesion or an inflamed area on the skin. In some cases, it may form blister, although all of these will go away on their own. However, if it persists for more than a week or two or if it is extremely painful, you should immediately take your child to the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
My 8 year old daughter has suddenly started burping a lot in the past few months. It started happening over past 8 to 9 months. She is also having gastric problems. Please advise. Thanks.
How to check that 1.5 month baby is taking complete breast feed. It was normal delivery of our baby. My wife is not satisfied after feeding the baby and mentally disturb due to this which is not good for both mother and baby. My wife says that after 2 hr breast feed baby still licking his tongue which means he is still hungry. My doc suggest that we can give Nan 1C milk to baby if mother feels that baby is still hungry. But my wife do not want to give external milk. She is very disturbed. Please help us. Thanks You doctors. He always drinks Nan 1C comfortably even after 2 hrs continuous breast feed. That means he is still hungry. From birth after passing meconium for first 2-3 days my baby passing stool after every 2-3 days but bot regularly. His weight at the time of birth was 2.6 Kg and after 5 weeks 4 day it is 3.5 kg. Is it Normal? We are giving Nan Pro twice a day from day 10 from birth (10.11.2016). Should I increase external feed dosage? He has 8-12 wet diaper and passes stool every 2-3 days. Stool is Yellow mustered color. Baby is Active but I feel weight gain is not up to the mark. He sleeps on feeding every 15 mint and when keep on bed he starts sticking out tongue.
My daughter was born on 21.10. 2015. She is now two weeks old. For the first week she was breastfed, but now I realized that my wife is not producing enough milk for feeding my daughter. We changed to Lactogen-1 formula milk feeding from past five days. My daughter was fine feeding on formula milk till date but suddenly today she vomited twice. I am worried what caused the vomiting. Kindly suggest what to do in this case. Is it improper digestion due to formula milk. If yes then what should I do? Also kindly suggest frequency of feeding formula milk to my daughter and in what quantity.
I feel very scared after my father sudden death 4 months before. I was very happy and joyful person but it seems that in a day everything change. I am scared that what will happen if again anything happen to anyone in my family whenever my husband go out for work after every hour I call him, when my baby cry in illness I become panic that something will happen. I am trying to overcome this situation by keeping myself busy in household works but I am tired of my negative thoughts. I want to be like what I was.
My daughter 2year 8 month old she doing potty 5 times today some lecuide and some good colour is greenish yellow we gave her to eat green banana and dry rice (chere) and medicine gelucil and and antiacid pouch for kids but we are very worried.
My grandson is 7weeks old. He is getting rheum and tears frequently. Is this normal or do we have to take up any medications. Please advise.
I have an eight month old baby boy he has suddenlystopped taking bottle feed he starts crying wen I offer him bottle milk as in formula milk but he is properly taking breast milk and other food too What could be the reason behind it?
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body. On the contrary, cough and cold could be the first symptoms of a serious underlying disease like pneumonia. From that angle, it is better to treat it than to just let it run its natural course. Especially in children and elderly, it can be chronic issue with repeated bouts and therefore, treatment becomes mandatory.
The good news is that homeopathy provides a cure for this, that not just treat external symptoms. Also, like any other condition, homeopathy looks at treating the whole myriad of associated symptoms, thereby providing holistic treatment. Below are 5 common homeopathic remedies for chronic cough and cold:
1. Aconitum or Aconite: Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
3. Arsenicum album: The patient usually has complaints on the right side including watery nasal discharge, weakness, restlessness, chills, thirst. The discharge can irritate the upper lip and nasal mucosa. The cold gradually moves to the throat and the irritation also shifts down (this phase requires a different treatment).
4. Belladonna: When the cold has a sudden onset with red face, high fever, cold feet, this can be used in the early stages of the cold. There is associated high fever, tickly throat, glassy eyes, dry cough, restlessness, and delirium
5. Euphrasia: Burning eyes and profuse nasal discharge lead to reddened eyes and cheeks. More common in children, the condition worsens in open air, at night, and while lying down. The cough then moves down into the larynx, produces a harsh, hoarse voice.
6. Pulsatilla: Yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive.
Homeopathy does 'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too.