Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K K. TalwarYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 21 years old boy last week I got little chest pain I took a pain killer and I got good relief. For safer side I undergone ECG test. The points noted in the report is as followed. 1. Normal sinus rhythm rate 76.2. RSR IN V1 AND V2 3. Rate 77 PR 144 QRSD 97 QT 338 QTC 380 Axis_ p 60 QRS 46 T 37.
My mother age 45 (taking treatment for hyper thyroid and b.p) is having urticaria,(itching) and she took levocetirizine 5 mg ,it worked very well, so how much dose and for how much duration she has to take it for complete cure safely, pls answer.
My Friend has chest pain and shortness in breath, its first time and no one has this problem in his family. He doesn't have smoking and drinking habit s. Thank you sir.
Sir, main 33 years ka hoo subah jagane ke bad jab main gahari sans leta hu ya khansi karta hoo to chest ke niche left side mein dard hota hai lagta hai koi nas tut rahi ho is vajah se choti saans leni padti hai fresh honeke bad khas problem nahi hoti yeh problem 15 years pahale se hai jab maine pithdard ki vajah se bhai ko pith par khada hone ke liye bola tha. Sorry but aj bhi koi solution hai to pls tell me.
Oats, beeans,nuts,foods fortified with sterols and stanols, and fatty fish lowers cholesterol.
I m 19 years old. Without any anxiety, 3 times my blood pressure was recorded in previous week on different days. Each time it was about 134/84. Is it the symptoms of hypertension? If it is so what precautions should I take?
I am 55 years age just enter diabetic and having bp last 15 years I am using aten-50 for bp and zoral 1m for dio. Please sugest me.
Well actually In my sputum coming with blood I have a pain in my left chest and I can't breath easy I felt like someone push my chest.
I am a 22 year old student, I sometimes suddenly fill a little bit of pain in heart, what should you do?
Dear Doctor, I am Diabetic and BP patient past 18 years and I am under Insulin and tablet both. Any alternative medicines please?
I have lots of pain in legs and low energy in body weak ness, high blood pressure. Obesity weight 94 height 5.5. Taking telma 40 regular.
I am 23 years old. I have some problems regarding heart beat. Heart beat skips for 2/3 beats and I feel some sort of suffocation at that time. Please solve my problem.
Coronary Artery Disease - Symptoms and Causes
Coronary artery disease is the disease in which the major blood vessels (coronary arteries) that supply blood, nutrients and oxygen to your heart get damaged or disease stricken. It is mostly caused due to the coronary artery getting plagued or inflamed. The consequent reduction in blood flow to the heart causes the various symptoms of coronary artery disease like angina (chest pain), short breath etc.
Here is a list of a few symptoms that help in identification of the coronary artery disease.
1. Angina - Pressure or tightness may be felt in or near the area of the chest that results in pain. It is mostly felt in the middle or left side of the chest.
2. Shortness of breath - Another symptom of coronary artery disease is short breath, fatigue and a feeling of exertion.
3. Heart attack - Complete blockage of the coronary artery results in a heart attack that is a prominent symptom of coronary artery disease. A person may feel heavy pressure in the chest, pain in the shoulder or arm, sweating etc. prior to getting a heart attack.
Coronary artery disease occurs when damage or injury is done to the inner layer of the coronary artery. This damage causes plaque, which are deposits made of fat, cholesterol and other cellular waste materials to accumulate near the damaged area of the artery. This process is known as atherosclerosis.
The various causes that result in coronary artery damage are listed below.
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- High stress
- Physical inactivity
My son is 31 years old he has got his angioplasty done in jan 20th 2017 with 2 stent successfully. What precautions he has to take to live happy married life?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and l have chest pain whenever l cough hard. Con you suggest what should be done?
Cardiomyopathy includes diseases involving the heart muscle. These diseases have various causes, types, symptoms and modes of treatment.
The heart muscle gets enlarged, thick or rigid. In several cases, the heart muscle tissue is replaced with a scar tissue. As this condition worsens, the heart gets weaker and the ability to pump blood is disrupted, which can cause heart failure or irregular beating of the heart. The weakened state of the heart can lead to valvar diseases.
The different types of cardiomyopathy are:
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is a common form and affects people of all ages. Men and women are affected equally. This condition arises due to the enlargement and thickening of the heart muscle. The ventricles, the septum and the lower heart chamber usually thicken, which causes obstruction in pumping of blood by the heart. This disease also causes stiffness in the ventricles, and cellular changes in the tissue.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: This form of cardiomyopathy develops due to the enlargement and weakening of the ventricles. The issue arises from the left ventricle and develops over time. It may even affect the right ventricle. More effort is put in by the heart muscles for pumping blood and slowly the heart is unable to pump blood effectively. This condition may lead to heart failure, valve diseases or blood clots in the heart.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: This disease occurs due to the stiffening of the ventricles, without thickening of the walls of the heart. The ventricles are not allowed to relax and do not receive a sufficient volume of blood supply. This condition causes heart failure and valvar problems over time.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia: This rare form of cardiomyopathy occurs when fat or fibrous tissues replace the muscle tissue of the right ventricle. This causes arrhythmias and disruption in the electrical signals of the heart. It generally affects teens and may cause cardiac arrest in athletes.
- Unclassified Cardiomyopathy: Some types of cardiomyopathy of this category include left ventricular non compaction where the ventricles develop trabeculations. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is another disease where immense stress causes failure of the heart muscles.
Treatment: Many cases of cardiomyopathy come and go away on their own. Treatment for other cases depends on the severity and symptoms. The major treatment methods are:
Lifestyle changes meant for a healthier heart.
- Nonsurgical methods.
- Surgery and implants
Modes of surgery for treatment of cardiomyopathy include:
- Septal myectomy
- Heart transplant
Implant devices such as Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) device, Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), Left ventricular assist device and pacemakers are fitted into the heart for better performance.
Cardiomyopathy can be of many different types, each arising from different situations and conditions. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the complication or on the basis of symptoms.