Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. K K SinghalYour feedback matters!
I am 65 years old Some kind of fear of death has entered in my mind he is suffering with this problem for the last 7-8 years, Consulted lot of neurologists and other doctors but no relief. Can you help.
I have a migraine problem lots of time my head are being sharp pain and my neck have not turn around give me a answer.
I am a 15 year old diabetic; from the past two/three months, I have a lot of burning sensation on the bottom side of my feet; sometimes I also feel numb; I am afraid that is it due to improper blood circulation? Please suggest me suitable remedies.
What are the symptoms of dengue, malaria, swine flue and how can I prevent it. What are the symptoms of brain tumor.
I am 24 years old I have migraine from pat 10 to 12 years but now it's like when ever I eat any sweet or chocolate my migraine starts how to avoid such things.
When a hemorrhagic stroke occurs, why do patients wont get proceeded for a surgery? instead they observe him for a couple of days or a week. Though there is no recovery from dead neurons how do patients still recover from paralysis in such cases?
I have brain tumor Nd I m getting nervousness but I can't tell it to anyone because me parents don't have money to treat me. What should I do?
My mother is suffering with pain in head. Symptoms of migraine appears. Please give your perception.
I have nervous problem like my hands are shivering. Please suggest any remedy to cope with. I am 34 years of age n single. Before marriage I want to be rectified n be normal. Can you tell me what is the issue. This is for more than 10 years. I went to neuro doctor n he prescribed 2 medicine. I don't remember. My date of birth is 7 March 1982. Not able to fill in.
I have been suffering from migraine for last 9 years. The severe headache have affected me very badly please suggest some medication to get rid out off this. Just want to know whether migraine is curable and what habits should I inculcate to reduce its frequency. Please provide me information regarding medications and habits to follow to overcome this pain. Thank you so much.
I am 34 years old I felt so tired and foot feeling numbness. Fingers joints pain early morning cough and it's seems like sticky jelly substance. Legs are getting so tired and feel uneasy. I use to smoke once in a day and alcohol once in a week. Please let me know what check up I have to do.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease.