Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. K.C VarmaYour feedback matters!
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disorder in which the small joints of the hands and feet of the affected person get inflamed. It affects the lining of the joints and causes pain and swelling that may lead to joint deformity and erosion if left untreated.
This disorder of the autoimmunological system occurs when the body's immune system attacks the body's own tissues.
Although this medical condition usually causes joint problems only, sometimes it may go on to affect other body organs like skin, lungs, eyes and blood vessels as well.
Some of the signs and symptoms that are indicative of rheumatoid arthritis are:
1. Problems in the joints
One of the most common symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis is swelling of the joints that become tender and painful. During the early days, only the smaller joints are affected, especially the finger and toe joints. However as the disease worsens, the symptoms spread to other body parts like knees, wrists, elbows, ankles etc. Joint redness and warmth are also characteristic features of rheumatoid arthritis. It is also recognized by joint deformity and stiff joints.
2. Fever, fatigue, and loss of weight
Fatigue is a common symptom of rheumatoid arthritis. It may be a result of the body's reaction to insomnia, anemia, and inflammation. It may also be caused due to loss of appetite and the consequent and unintended weight loss. Sometimes rheumatoid arthritis is also accompanied by fever.
3. Rheumatoid nodules
Another symptom of rheumatoid arthritis is the presence of firm bumps of tissues under the skin on the arms. These bumps are known as rheumatoid nodules and may be painful. The nodules may come and go depending on the severity of the disease at a particular time. During flares, they may appear, and they may subside during the periods of remission just as all the other symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Shoulder pain while throwing cricket ball. Past 4 days I am taking physiotherapy but not finding effective.
Hello sir I am 22 years old boy and I have always back pain, my health is good but why this problem occur? Please advise.
I got ligament damage last year but now sometimes it pains so please give you suggestions for the same.
My wife's age is 29, is suffering frm neck pain past one week. Behind the neck right side, met a Dr. And he gave some medication a week back but not reduced yet. Kindly advice way forward plz.
Hi doctor I have wrist pain last night please suggest me and I am 37 year old married woman thanks Dr.
Hi my name is vinay I want to ask a question. My mother is suffered from back pain so what can I do in this situation.
I am 32 years old and my profession is to drive a cab and I always face a problem of having severe pain in my right hand and right leg continuously. Sometimes after applying ointments it's get reduced but soon within a couple of days I get again and again.
I am a designer, I work long hours in computer, hence always have pain in my back. Please suggest what should I do.
I have a frozen shoulder. How to make it comfortable during night sleep. I face problems while wearing or unwearing clothes and night sleep. It has less strength than right hand. Pl.suggest me some massage therapy or cure. I am eagerly waiting for your valuable answer.
I am suffering from pain in my legs and ankle and specially on my left ankle. My vitamin d3 level is 15. What kind of food I take to gain my level and what kind of exercise I will do? I always feel tiredness. After wake up from sleep I feel pain in my legs and ankle and some burning sensation. What should I do.
I am suffering from leg pain scene last 2week. I hv to stand during my work hour. From 2011. But now m suffering leg pain what should I do.
Hello hi I am guravaiya I am 31 year old I am suffering from right shoulder joint it has been paining very much what should I do now.
I usually play football on most weekdays and last Thursday on wards I developed a strain on my left calf. Yesterday in a match, mid way, I felt a strong pain on my calf, after which I can barely stand or walk. Have kept ice and hot water. Is it serious or do I rest and hope it will get healed?
Back pain refers to a severe pain in the back due to a strain in the muscle and the associated ligaments of the spine. Back pain is a fairly common condition and almost everyone has experienced it at least once in their lifetime. The pain can be either acute (pain in sudden bursts) or chronic (lasting for more than a month). Back pain generally tends to subside if one takes appropriate measures.
You might experience the following symptoms along with back pain:
- Severe pain around the muscles which might stretch down to your feet
- Back pain will significantly limit the flexibility of your back
- If there are recurrent instances of high fever and severe gall bladder disorders along with the pain, a consultation with your doctor is highly recommended.
Back pain might occur due to the following reasons:
- Back pain might occur as a result of osteoarthritis (a disorder that is characterized by the breaking and wearing down of the flexible tissues at the end of the bones) and osteoporosis (a disorder marked by bones that are weak and brittle).
- It might occur as a result of a fatal accident or an injury.
- If you are a chain smoker and have a history of excessive alcohol or drug abuse, you are more likely to experience back pain.
- Back pain might also occur as a result of ageing, excessive weight gain, lack of regular exercising, cancer and instances of severe depression.
Ayurveda can be very useful for eradicating back pain. According to Ayurveda, back pain is caused due to the heightening of the ‘vata’ owing to an unhealthy diet, anxiety, and suppression of muscles, collectively called ‘dosha’.
The Ayurvedic remedies for back pain are as follows:
- A regular intake of 30 ml of Aloe Vera juice in the morning might heal symptoms of back pain
- A regular intake of a mixture of 5g Triphala churnam mixed with water before retiring for the night might help to ease the general discomfort associated with back pain.
- Consume a medicinal preparation of 100ml of Black Gram (Urad Dal) daily for a week in order to get rid of the pain.
- You can also perform Paschimottanasana (an exercise where you have to touch the toes and repeat the same for a few times) and Vayu Mudra (an exercise where you have to move the index finger on the thumb base and the thumb finger in closed proximity to the index finger while the other fingers remain in a perpendicular position) to get rid of the back pain.
- Cut down on your consumption of pungent spices. This is because these pungent spices tend to have a drying effect on the body, that in turn, might lead to severe back pain, especially in the lower back along with constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.