Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. K.B.SachdevYour feedback matters!
I have problem to breathe from my right nostril, I feel it is blocked mostly & than headache, pls suggest.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ear aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should consult a doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.
I am 45 years old. Recently I was diagnosed for unsafe csom and cholesteetoma for both the ears. Please advise best doctors in India who has experience and who can conduct this surgery.
I am 20 years old boy and I have hearing impairment unable to hear properly due to mucus congestion in my ear its been 8 month has gone earlier in childhood I used to have severe pneumonia pls suggest some better answer.
Sir/ madam I have problem in my throat .I am having pus filled particle on my left side of epiglottis and I have pus on my tonsils and my tonsils also swollen and I have white spots in my cheeks that's not healing but no pain .I have this problem from 3 months .past I had smoking habit I quit that habit 4 months ago.
Hi I am 26 years old male and of late I have been feeling very dizzy not for the entire day but some parts of the day it's like inside the head I am bulky and I had general blood report done and found my fasting sugar was 315 and my triglyceride was 548 and cholesterol was 244 and my vitamin b12 was 176 but now my sugar has reduced to 270 but the only thing that keeps bothering me is my dizziness and also I have numb and tingling feet I also have rare palpitation, my question is is it coz of high blood sugar that I am feeling dizzy or something else I also tend to have gas please let me know.
I am passing brown fluid as a discharge whats wrong with me? and I am also having vertigo while lying in bed. What should I do?
- Frontal sinus - in the forehead
- Maxillary sinus - behind the cheekbones
- Ethmoid sinus - between the eyes behind the bridge of the nose
- Sphenoid sinus - behind the eyes
What is sinusitis?
Sinusitis is the inflammation or infection of one or more of the sinuses. It can be caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus, allergies or excessive nose blowing and results in the blockage of the sinus opening. Sinusitis can be acute (lasting 4 or lesser weeks), subacute (lasting 4 to 8 weeks), chronic (lasting beyond 8 weeks) and recurring (several attacks in a year).
Acute sinusitis generally causes pain in the sinuses, headaches, loss of smell, stuffiness, and coughs as well as may also cause bad breath, toothaches, and fever.
What does the homeopathic treatment for sinusitis entail?
Homeopathy is an alternative medicine system which uses plants and minerals to develop remedies that augment the body's natural defenses by stimulating symptoms of the disease the patient is suffering from.
Acute sinusitis finds a permanent cure in homeopathy. Though treatment takes time, it rebuilds the body's immunity to sinusitis. It drains the sinuses, kills the germs and wipes the infection off at the root, thus preventing it from recurring. When antibiotics are used to treat sinusitis, there may be side effects such as fungal infections. Fungal infection is a leading cause of chronic sinusitis.
Homeopathy can boost the body's immunity which can treat fungal infections from the root, hence eliminating chances of recurrence. It can treat the symptoms of sinusitis and provide relief from associated respiratory diseases and allergies. There are different remedies available to treat the different symptoms of sinusitis, which work together to completely cure it by boosting the body's immune system without having any side effects.
Homeopathy for Nasal Polyps:
With Chronic sinus, soft growths arising from the mucous membrane of the nose or paranasal sinus are referred as nasal polyps. The most common treatment option suggested by a conventional system in nasal polyps is surgical removal. In most cases, nasal polyps reappear after surgery. However, surgery is a temporary fix since it does not address the body's tendency to form polyps. Homeopathy, on the other hand, offers a permanent solution by treating the root cause. Following six homeopathic medicines are usually recommended for nasal polyps - Lemna Minor, Sanguinaria Can, Calcarea Carb, Kali Bichrome, Teucrium, and Phosphorus.