Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K Aparna SharmaYour feedback matters!
I missed my periods this month. I want to know whether it is due to pregnancy or something else. I had oral sex with my partner on 29th may 2016 and after 2 days i.e 31st may 2016 I got my periods but I missed my periods in june. So is there any chance of pregnancy? Please help me out to know this Whether after sex if periods come and den if it gets missed in next month then is there any chance of being pregnant? Also due to ramzan there was lot of oily food I ate and now from last 3 days I am having fever and vomiting also. Please help me as I am not ready for pregnancy and also do not want to disclose it too. 2. If partners finger has sperm particles or liquid released from the penis and if such finger is inserted into vagina then is there any chance of being pregnant? Please help me to know answers of both questions as I am very tensed ryt now and with no direct help.
I am a 30 years old female and my problem is my period is not normal I had 2 children's and both are cesarian and I got family planning immediately after second birth. Just now I checked thyroid it is normal. I am fat and my weight is above 100. Kindly suggest me some foods and how do I reduce my fat for my normal period every month thanks.
My husband just rubbed his penis in my vagina. My period date was on 29th aug. And we did that on 14th august. and now I am 8 days late on my periods. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
I have irregular and painful periods problem this problem continue till then when my periods start .I have periods once in 2 months .what should I do?
5yrs has completed to my marriage lyf.bt silll den i m nt getng pragnent.my reports r eports r normal bt my left tube hs petented.do plz telk me the reason ???, and for dis wt shud i di
Before one week of my period. My right breast is discharging thin density white colored discharge if pressed. I'm not pregnant but take thyroid medicine. This happened 1st time. What should I do?
I am having rubella virus in my report and I had conceived a baby. What should I do wthr to abort this child or give brth?
I am having bleeding for more 16 days now. I delivered my first baby in April 2014, since then I got spotting 7 periods on dec 2014 for quiet a long time or a month. Then I got my periods in July2015 it continued till 14 days. And now I am getting periods in Dec 4 continued till now its heavy flow. I feel weak as I am still nursing my baby of 20 months old. Can you suggest any remedy for regularizing the periods.
Sleep deprivation can lead to mood swings, along with decreased levels of concentration; and a person lacking sleep may easily feel annoyed or irritated. Apart from affecting your memory, health and looks, sleep deprivation can lead to decreased sex function as well. People who have trouble sleeping have a difficult time coping with their relationships as with almost all aspects of their lives.
The following are some of the ways chronic sleep disorders may affect your sex life:
1) Reduced energy levels - Lack of sleep can lead to reduced levels of energy and fatigue. Depletion of energy, in turn, can lead to perpetual tiredness, which may ultimately cause a person to have lower libido and interest in sexual intercourse. Some men suffer from sleep apnea, which is a respiratory problem that interrupts sleep. A 2002 study showed that sleep apnea causes lower levels of testosterone in men.
2) Mood swings - Sleep disorders often lead to perpetual mood swings. It can make a person grumpy and quarrelsome. If you're sleep deprived, you may get very agitated even by minor stress. This can hurt interaction between you and your partner, leading to a disruptive relationship in the bedroom.
3) Decreased social activity - Lack of sleep may decrease your likelihood of engaging in social interactions. People with sleep disorders usually avoid social engagements, as they believe it may disrupt their sleep patterns. They rearrange their sleeping patterns by avoiding social interactions, which leaves them with lesser opportunities to meet with people of the opposite sex, thereby affecting their sex lives.
4) Anxiety - Increased levels of anxiety and stress attributed to lack of sleep can lead to loss of sexual function and even sexual disorders at times. Lack of sleep generally decreases your experience of positive emotions, which may lead to pessimism and subsequently lack of sexual interest. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Allergic reactions are the body’s way of responding to foreign substances. The body recognizes these substances (be it food, pollens, insect bites, etc.) as antigens and produces antibodies. These antibodies can cause various reactions depending on the severity of the allergen, be it skin rash, hives, or angioedema. In severe cases, there could be swelling of the tongue and the respiratory tract, leading to choking of the airways.
Literally, angioedema means swelling of the blood vessels. These are located in the underlying layers of the skin and their swelling can lead to formation of giant hives, which can be extremely itchy, reddish, and oval or circular in shape. The affected area I usually warm and painful to touch.
Angioedema is caused due to the following:
Food allergies including eggs, peanuts, shellfish, milk, tree nuts, chocolates, etc.
Insect bites or stings
Pollen, latex, animal dander, poison ivy, and other common allergens
Medications like aspirin, penicillin, ibuprofen, and some blood pressure medicines
In response to blood transfusions
Auto-immune disorders like lupus
Conditions like leukemia and thyroid disorders
Infections like hepatitis, cytomegalovirus infections, Epstein-Barr infections, etc.
Weather conditions like extremes of cold, heat, or pressure
Extreme emotional stress
Genetic angioedema, passed on from parents to children, which could last forever
While hives usually develop without any warning, the following condition puts a person at risk of developing angioedema.
Predisposition to allergic reactions (highly active immune system)
Previous history of allergies
Genetic history of allergies or angioedema
Most angioedema cases are limited to the skin and hives, but there could be severe cases leading to respiratory distress.
If it is the first instance of hives, the doctor would ask detailed questions about similar occurrence in the past. They would also check if there are similar hives on other parts of the body like the back, which you may have missed. If required, this examination is followed by allergy testing and blood testing. The allergy testing will help identify if you are allergic to some of the common things which cause allergy. The blood test will look for your eosinophil count, which is usually high in people prone to allergies. C1 esterase inhibitor test and complement particles also can be checked, if there is suspicion of genetic angioedema.
This would depend on the severity of symptoms
- In case of angioedema, admission in hospital may be needed.
- Tracheostomy may also become essential to save patients life.
- Vigorous therapy with intravenous medications like steroid, antihistamines and others may be needed.
- Under medical treatment, antihistamines like cetirizine and loratadine are prescribed. However, severe cases may require steroids like prednisolone.
Once you know what caused it, avoid exposure to these substances and further attacks can be prevented. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Would you please suggest me for my wife's pregnancy we both had tests and been using the medicine since 4 years. But there's no result. Would you please suggest us the successful pregnancy ways. Thanking you.
Hello Dr's.This is my 6 mnth pregnancy. While I had intercourse almost all d times I experienced pain. Is it that during natural child birth I vl experience that pain or vl that pain can create any hindrance in delivery? Please clarify.
Because it delays the natural wound healing process.
Whenever there is minor wound or a abrasion than first stop the oozing of the blood and than clean it with a clear water remembering that water should not stagnate.