Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyoti Singh
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti SinghYour feedback matters!
Allergies, or allergic reactions, are common occurrences, which are caused by unnatural reactions between your body's immune system and foreign substances, which have gained access into the body. When these substances, known as allergens, enter your body, your immune system produces antibodies, which are responsible for warding off unwanted substances like harmful viruses or diseases and helping in the body's overall resistance.
However, when antibodies identify a particular allergen as harmful, when it really isn't, a reaction occurs which may lead to inflammation or infection of the skin, sinuses, the digestive tract and the respiratory tract, among others. Allergies usually differ from individual to individual and can vary from mild skin irritations to fatal life-threatening emergencies.
Symptoms of allergies depend upon a wide range of factors, which are subjective and vary from person to person and from allergen to allergen. Depending upon the type of allergen involved and the nature of the allergy, symptoms may include any of the following:
- Running nose
- Severe itching
- Swollen or red and watery eyes
- Facial swelling
- Flaky skin which can peel off
These symptoms are common in mild to moderate allergies, such as atopic dermatitis, hay fever, drug or food allergies. There are certain rare cases (say, scorpion stings), however, in which the allergic reaction turns out to be potentially life-threatening. This type of reaction is known as anaphylaxis. Here are its signs and symptoms:
- Intense shortness of breath
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of consciousness
- Skin rashes
- Weak pulse
- A significant drop in blood pressure
The main cause of allergy is the uncontrolled reaction between the immune system's antibodies and harmless allergens. Allergic reactions are triggered when antibodies, like histamine, come into contact with particular types of allergens. These may include:
- Airborne allergens: Pollen, mold, or dust mites
- Insect stings: Bee stings or scorpion stings
- Certain eatables: Peanuts or sea food
- Medications: Penicillin or penicillin-based antibiotics
- Latex: Latex or other substances, which are responsible for causing allergic skin reactions
Uterine fibroids, also referred to as uterine myomas) are non-cancerous tumorsthat grow within the muscle tissue of the uterus. As many as 20% to 50% women between the age group of 18 to 40 suffer from the condition, but not all cases warrant treatment.
It may be as tiny as a coin or it may grow to the size of a watermelon, making people think the lady is 6/7 months pregnant! There may be one big fibroid or several small ones.
Though the exact causes are not known, family history and hormonal imbalances are said to be the main causes for the same.
Types of Uterine Fibroids
The four types are:
- Subserosal Uterine Fibroids: Develops outside the uterus and continues to grow.
- Intramural Uterine Fibroids: The most common type that lead to pregnancylike tummy. They develop within the uterus wall and continue to expand.
- Submucosal Uterine Fibroids: Because these develop within the uterus lining, they are most likely to be the cause of heavy flow during periods.
- Pedunculated Uterine Fibroids: These grow on the inner or outer side of a small stalk connecting to the uterus.
- An enlarged uterus is the most common symptom. It is often mistaken for general weight gain or pregnancy.
- Prolonged and painful menstrual cycle, that is many times irregular.
- Urinary incontinence and constant urge to urinate.
- Pelvic pressure.
- Pressure on the bowels leading to constipation.
- Pain during intercourse.
If you find out that you have fibroids during an examination or if you visit a doctor with any of these symptoms, they will most likely ask for an ultrasound or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) which will confirm the type of fibroid and the extent of your problem. Treatment includes non-invasive-focused ultrasound surgery.
Treatment with Homeopathy:
One of the best advantages of choosing Homeopathy is that it works without side effects. It addresses the issue rather than the symptom. A surgical procedure mentioned in general treatment does remove the fibroids but there is no guarantee that they won't grow back as the underlying issue of hormonal imbalance remains.
During a clinical study of the effects of Homeopathy on fibroids, 85% patients showed improvement and 48% people had complete fibroid removal.
Treatment: There are medicines in Homeopathy that can treat uterine fibroids, cervical fibroids and help maintain normal hormonal balance in females.
Over the past few decades, lifestyle disorders have been on a mercurial rise. Sedentary lifestyle, amalgamated with unhealthy eating habits has been the wrecker in chief. Lack of proper awareness has made the situation even worse. The mad and competitive rush to reach the pinnacle has serious health implications. Almost every second individual suffer from some kind of lifestyle disorders. Unhealthy and stressful lifestyle has resulted in increased incidences of Obesity and Diabetes (Type II).
Individuals from all age groups have been affected by obesity and diabetes. Anxiety and depression are also on the rise. Other lifestyle disorders like Alzheimer's disease, Stroke, Arteriosclerosis, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Cancer (mostly skin and lung), Cardiac problems, Renal failure, Chronic Liver problems, cannot be neglected either. The lifestyle disorders, if not treated, can cause havoc, changing the entire dynamics of a person's life.
Many lifestyle disorders occur because of the occupation we are in (Occupational lifestyle disorders). Children, who are supposed to indulge in more physical activities and outdoor games, are happy fidgeting around with their favourite gadgets. Fast foods have long replaced the healthy, nutritious foods. Children as young as you can imagine, appear to be obese or diabetic. Stress and anxiety can also trigger a number of lifestyle disorders. Thus, getting to the root cause is an important deciding factor for an effective treatment.
Homeopathy does not treat a disease or an ailment superficially. It believes in curing the patient in a disease rather than a disease in the patient. Homeopathic treatment has a more holistic approach. It takes the miasms (hereditary or acquired) into consideration while dealing with a particular symptom. The homeopathic medicines are mainly prepared by dynamization or potentization. This greatly minimizes the toxic and harmful effects of the drug (crude), thereby increasing the inherent curative effectiveness of the medicines. Thus the homeopathic medicines have negligible or no side effects.
Diseases like diabetes, hypertension, hypothyroidism or depression can be successfully treated and cured with homeopathy. In addition to treating the disease, homeopathic medicines go a long way to improve and enhance the patient's overall immune system. The improved immune system works effectively to keep a lot of diseases at bay. Homeopathy ensures that a person's physical, mental and emotional well being is well taken care off. This greatly helps to treat and control a number of stress related disorders. Homeopathy cannot work miracles. Treating a disease from the grass root level can be time consuming. With homeopathic treatment, one needs to have patience.
Homeopathic treatment, if followed diligently can help in the treatment of a number of lifestyle disorders.
It is normal to feel nervous before an interview or be anxious about something, but letting that fear take over you is not normal. If your worries and stressinterfere with your day-to-day life, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder. Fear not, this is treatable with homeopathy. Here are a few homeopathic remedies to help calm an anxious person.
- Kali Phosphoricum: Kali Phosphoricum is a potassium phosphate that helps calm people when overwhelmed by anxiety attacks. This is suitable for people who are easily stressed, over sensitive, insecure, irritable and despondent. It also helps deal with the after effects of grief and fright. Physical ailments such as fatigue, dullness and lack of energy that are a result of anxiety can also be treated with this bio-chemic salt.
- Aconite Napellus: Aconite Napellus is made from a purple flowering plant by the same name. it has a number of uses, primary among which is to control anxiety. This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for sudden, intense anxiety attacks and for post traumatic anxiety. It also helps deal with after effects of anxiety such as memory weakness, restlessness, oversensitivity and spells of rage.
- Argentum Nitricum: Argentum Nitricum is also known as nitrate of silver. This is helpful in cases where anxiety makes a person insecure and unsure of what to do. When you're anxious, you are likely to crave for something sweet and feel very hot. Both these are cyclic symptoms of anxiety, and can worsen the situation if not dealt with. However, Argentum Nitricum helps calm the digestive effects of sugar and cool the body to keep anxiety levels in check.
- Arsenicum Album: Arsenicum Album is a constitutional remedy that can treat both chronic and acute problems. This works well on people who are worried about safety and security. If issues like health, money and break-ins are the cause of your anxiety, this homeopathic remedy is ideal for you. It also helps deal with restlessness.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This homeopathic ingredient is made from the middle layer of sea shells. When it comes to anxiety, Calcarea Carbonica is well suited for people who are scared of change and over controlling. This anxiety is accompanied by excessive sweating due to any exertion and stubbornness. Such people are also often afraid of animals and of the dark and get easily confused. One of the biggest advantages of homeopathy over allopathic treatment is the absence of side effects when taken in low doses. However, even homeopathic medication can have side effects when taken in high doses.
- MAINTAIN HYGIENE: It is very important especially in females to maintain optimum genital hygiene. The genitals should be washed and cleaned in from front to back side after passing a stool to reduce the chance of dragging E. coli from the anal region to urethra.
- FREQUENT URINATION: helps to flush out the microbes timely and don’t let them accumulate in the urethra and thus prevent chances of UTI.
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER: enough water would keep you hydrated and would increase the urge to pass urine again and again thus prevent chances of UTI.
- DON’T SMOKE: smoking also predisposes to UTI so should be avoided especially during UTI.
- AVOID DRINKS THAT IRRITATE BLADDER: such as coffee, alcohol, spicy food items etc.
- URINATE BEFORE AND AFTER SEXUAL INTERCOURSE: as this would flush out the microbes which would have entered during intercourse.
- MENOPAUSAL WOMEN: are more prone to having UTI due to lack of estrogen.
- DON’T DOUCHE: cleaning the genitals with high-pressure water beam may also predispose to UTI.
- HYGIENE DURING MENSES: change tampons and pads frequently as they help microbes to grow thus causing infection.
- WEAR COTTON UNDERGARMENTS: as they don’t irritate the area thus prevent infection.
What Is Bhp?
Benign Hypertrophy Of Prostate Is A Condition In Which There Is Enlargement Of Prostate Gland As Men Get Older Which Is A Part Of Aging. But It Becomes A Problem When The Enlarged Prostate Starts To Show Symptoms.
The Prostate Surrounds A Part Of Urethra In Males Which Carries Urine And Semen To Penis. When The Prostate Is Enlarged It Compresses The Urethra Thus Causing Blockage To The Flow Of Urine.
Bhp Is A Benign Condition Thus It Is Not Related To Or Cause Cancer But Both Conditions Can Occur Together As Well.
Age: Bhp Is Rarely Seen In Men Before Their 40S. Thus The Enlarged Prostate Shows Symptoms Usually After 60 Years Of Age.
Family History: Having Family History Of Bhp Makes You More Prone To Have The Condition.
Diabetes: Also Increases The Predisposition To Enlargement Of Prostate.
Heart Diseases: Also Increases Chances To Have Bhp.
Obesity: In Obese There Are Chances That You Might End Up Having The Symptoms Of Bhp.
Lack Of Exercise: If You Would Exercise Regularly Chances Of Having Bhp Is Less.
Sudden Retention Of Urine: In Some Cases, There Is Sudden Retention Of Urine Due To Inability To Pass Urine Thus Causing Great Discomfort. In Such Cases, There Is Need To Insert Catheter To Empty Bladder. Sometimes Even Surgery Is Required To Empty Bladder.
Urinary Tract Infection: Due To Retention Of Urine There Are Increased Chances Of Developing Uti.
Bladder Stones: Due To Inability To Empty Bladder There Are Chances Of Stones In Bladder Due To Formation Of Concretions Caused By Concentration Of Urine.
Bladder Weakness: Due To Retention Of Urine Frequently The Bladder Muscles Become Weak And Thus Lose The Ability To Contract Over Time.
Damage To Kidneys: Full Bladder Causes Back Flow Of Urine To The Kidneys And Can Also Lead To Migration Of Infection To The Kidneys Which Would Cause Damage To The Kidneys.
Symptoms & Causes
Urgency To Urinate
Increased Urge To Urinate Especially At Night.
Weak And Feeble Stream Of Urine.
Inability To Empty Bladder Thus Causing Unsatisfactory Feeling
Dribbling Of Urine At Beginning And End Of Urination.
Urinary Tract Infection Causing Burning Micturition, Pain In Lower Abdomen Etc.
Sometimes The Patient If Not Able To Pass Urine At All Thus Causing Retention Of Urine.
Occasionally Blood Is Also Seen In Urine.
The Exact Cause Of Enlargement Of Prostate Is Not Known But It Is Seen That It Is An Age-Related Process So Hormones Are Thought To Play Role In Bhp.