Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti SachdevaYour feedback matters!
I am a divorcee and after my divorce I am suffering from irregular periods and my age is 32 years. With this I am gaining weight in a very fast manners.
I have irregular menses since 4 years. I have taken lots of treatment for this but it has not been cured till now. Whenever I take tablets then only my menses will come. I have hormonal imbalance. So please tell me what will be the best for such irregular menses?
Since morning I am having bleeding from vagina, my menstrual cycle got over 6 days back, I had take 2 contraceptive pills this month, please help me with what or what not to do to get rid off this?
Doctor im 22 years old. I have irregular periods like 2 to 3months once so I feel like im gaining weight bcz of dis reason.
Hi, my periods were irregular, and when I consulted my doctor, she found a cyst in ovary in ultrasound. PCOS is diagnosed. She prescribed evacure dosage to me. But, now again I missed my periods by 10 days. I had intercourse with my husband, but we are not ready for child. I did pregnancy tests just after 5 days of missed period. It came negative. Are there any chances that I am pregnant?
I have not got my monthly cycles for past 54 days from now. UPT was negative till last week. I was asked to take progesterone tablets (divery) by my physician thrice daily for three days, which would help me getting my cycle. But I have not got it as yet. Have even finished the tablets 4 days back. What shall I do now?
Hi mam I am trying to conceive for 3 months but not yet successful I had sex at my most fertile day n mostly I had sex 5 or 6 times in a month. I have 4 fibroids in my uterus but after my ultrasound my doctor said they are not creating any problem. I want to conceive soo badly pls help .this month I thought em pregnant bcoz my periods were 2 days late but it suddenly started. Pls guide me can. I.take vitamins if yes then let me know which one? And y I am not conceiving my periods are very regular and good.
Fibroid tumour is the abnormal cell growth in the uterus and they are mostly benign. Fibroids usually affect women in the age bracket of 30 - 40. Fibroid tumours are of three types, depending on their location:
- Submucosal fibroids: The tumour develops under the lining of the uterus
- Intramural fibroids: The growth is found amongst the muscles in the wall of the uterus
- Subserosal fibroids: The growth develops on the wall of the uterus right in the pelvic cavity
Causes behind it
The exact cause of fibroids in not known clearly. But certain factors have been discovered that might influence their formation. These factors include:
- Hormones: Progesterone and estrogen are the hormones responsible for recreating the uterine lining during every menstrual cycle. These hormones might trigger the formation of tumour.
- Family history: If any member in your family; your mother, grandmother or sister has/had fibroids in their uterus, you may also develop it.
- Pregnancy: Your body produces excessive progesterone and estrogen when you are pregnant, which may cause an increase in the size of a pre-existing small fibroid. Myomectomy can be done by giving incision on the abdomen or by laparoscopy depending on the size and location of the fibroids.
Signs You are suffering from it
- Heavy bleeding along with blood clots during or between your periods
- Lower back or pelvic pain
- Elevated menstrual cramping
- Frequent urination
- Pain during sex
- Longer than normal periods
- Bloating or pressure in lower abdomen
- Enlargement or swelling of the abdomen
How it can be treated?
Your doctor will formulate the right treatment depending on your age, the mass of the fibroids and your overall health. Your doctor may choose a combination of treatment to cure your fibroids, and they include:
- Medication: Gonadotropin releasing hormones (GnRH) agonists, birth control pills and ibuprofen (anti-inflammatory medicine) are prescribed. GnRH agonists reduce the level of progesterone and estrogen in your uterus.
- Surgery: Myomectomy and hysterectomy are two common surgical procedures to treat fibroids. Myomectomy is performed by removing the fibroids only by making an incision on the abdomen. But hysterectomy completely removes the uterus. The latter is reserved for serious cases.
- Non-invasive surgery: Forced ultrasound surgery, myolysis (shrinking fibroids with laser or electric current), cryomyolysis (fibroids are frozen) and endometrial ablation (an instrument uses heat, hot water, microwaves or electric current to destroy fibroids) are some non-invasive surgical procedures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.