Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti SachdevaYour feedback matters!
I'm 23 years old male. Saliva secrets in my mouth during sleeping. I have lot of saliva while wake up. I have this issue for 10 yrs. Help me to overcome this.
Mix a crushed garlic clove (or garlic powder) with some table salt or black salt and apply it directly on the affected tooth to alleviate the pain. If you prefer, you can chew one or two cloves of garlic to get relief.
Repeat this natural treatment for a few days.
I have ulcers in my mouth, I dont smoke or chew tobacco neither I take any kind of drugs then what is the reason for this, it comes again & again after few days, suggest me some tips?
I have pain in my jawline and its swelling by time by time. Is it normal or I have to consult with the doctor because of this pain my full body is getting tired. And it's like fever please please suggest me what should I do?
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.
Ulcers are painful sores on the lips, tongue, gums or the insides of the cheeks. These are common and usually happen due to bowel diseases, hormonal imbalances and stress. While there are medicines and ointments available to cure sores, you can cure the ulcers naturally also.
Rinse with baking soda - baking soda or salt can be used to rinse the mouth. Mix a few pinches of either in a glass of warm water. Now swish the water around the inside of your mouth and spit it out. Do this about three times in a day.
Orange juice - orange juice has vitamin c and as ulcers sometimes occur due to lack of this vitamin, drinking the juice can prove to be helpful.
Oral hygiene - prefer using toothbrushes with soft bristles. Also ensure that you brush your teeth after every meal to keep any food out of your mouth.
Avoid spices - avoid eating spicy, acidic and hot foods.
Extremely hot beverages - tea and coffee should be avoided. Yogurt and buttermilk, on the other hand, are highly beneficial.
Have onions - raw onion contains sulphur which is good for health of inside your mouth.
Consume amla - make a paste of indian gooseberry (amla) and apply it over the ulcer. This provides quick relief and healing.
Avoid meat - animal protein increases the acidity in the body. So, avoid fish and meat.
Gargle - use fresh coconut water to gargle with about three to four times a day. This cleanses the mouth and eases the pain.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.