Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyoti Mittal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti MittalYour feedback matters!
I am 30+ female, got married in Jan 2017. The doctor recently confirmed that I am 5 weeks pregnant but both me and my husband are not ready for this baby. Hence, I wanted to know: a) if it is safe to abort it? B) what are the possible procedures of getting it aborted? C) what might be the risks involved in abortion? D) how long does it take to get back to your normal routine-post abortion?
My wife afi was 12 and within 4 days it is 7. She is about to start 9th month in 3 days. Could you please help me to know the reason for such a drastic change in fluid and any way to increase it.
Is white discharge is common in early pregnancy or any problem?(I am 5 weeks now) worried lot, what to do?
When my father goes to toilet for 2 no, during the 2 no blood come out and it's happen after every 1 month.
I am suffering from chickenpox. Today I got my period and its very very low. I had a unsecured intercourse. Am I pregnant? Or its normal to get get very low period as usually I used to have heavy periods. Kindly guide.
Hi, Sir after my 1st baby born in 2011 my husband do my operation without my permission to do not do more child but I want one more child please suggest me can this operation can open after this who much chances of my conceiving can I do to reopen this operation Please suggest me something for conceiving.
Ayurveda (ayush=life; vid=wisdom-sanskrit) is said to be the most ancient of medical systems. The ancient vedic tradition, cognized by the great indian seers, offers a wealth of knowledge for healthy and meaningful life. 1 since ayurveda (part of atharvaveda, the last of the four vedas) is timeless and unbounded it has relevance even to the present day. It was mark twain who once said: so far as I am able to judge, nothing has been left undone, either by man or nature, to make india the most extraordinary country that the sun visits on his rounds. Nothing seems to have been forgotten, nothing overlooked.
The philosophy of ayurveda believes that everything in this universe is composed of five elements, the panchbhootas. They, in turn, constitute the three doshas or bio-energetic forces that govern our health and determine our constitution. The trigunas or psychic forces determine our mental and spiritual health. Ayurveda teaches us to balance all these to live a healthy, happy and contented life.
Unlike modern medicine, ayurveda recognizes that the mind and body are but the two manifestations of the same consciousness-mind as the field of ideas and the body as the field of molecules and organs. Each tries to help keep the other working and healthy extracting nourishment from the environment. Elimination of impurities of the emotional wounds are as important as the elimination of the waste matter from the body to have true physical, emotional and spiritual health.
Modern risk factor hypothesis pales into insignificance in view of the most elaborate knowledge in ayurveda. Some of the recent additions to the modern medical list like hostility form the basis of the ayurvedic risk factors. Viz.
Khrodha, shoka, bhaya, aayaasa, virudhaanna bhojana,
Thaponnalaan, lavanakshara, rakta pitta prakopayeth
The solution is also simple:
nithya hitha, mitha aahaara sevi, sameekshkaari, dhata samaha sathyapara
Kshamavaan aapthopasevi aarogyam.
(have food in moderation and that which pleases the mind. Do not cheat or tell lies. Work very hard. Forgive others even if they hurt you. Treat all as your own kith and kin. Health would be yours always.) 2
Vedic wisdom follows non-linear mathematics (vedic mathematics) and the laws akin to modern quantum physics. It is, therefore, the right approach for holistic assessment of health and disease. Its aims are not only to heal the sick, but also to preserve life by preventing illness-most complete system of health care known. 2
Ayurvedic treatment is based on restoring the disturbed balance of the three doshas-vata, pitta, and kapha - very much like the humors theory of hippocrates. It takes into consideration the whole human being, and not just the phenotype. The tridosha concept takes into consideration the phenotype, genotype as also the mind, in classifying patients. Consequently, treatment differs even for the same disease from individual to individual, based on the constitutional types.
Whereas billions of tons of water get displaced during the tidal changes in the oceans due to the gravitational pull of the moon, the human body, which is mostly water, could not be exempt from the effects of the planets. Ayurvedic astrology plays a large part in the total picture of disease and its cure. Many of us scientists who feel nauseated at the very mention of the word astrology would do well to know that isaac newton and gelileo were both practising astrologers. The science of astrology is good but not the astrologers predictions! most predictions, including the ones we make in scientific medicine, are just predicting the unpredictable.
Empirical knowledge, derived from long term prospective studies, form the basis of therapy in ayurveda, unlike the short term case-control studies or, even, cohort studies based on matching the controls, based on phentotypical features alone, as is done in modern medicine. Treatment is tailored to individual needs and could be broadly grouped into the following:
Sexual response is a psychosomatic process meaning that both body and mind are responsible for a sexual response as well as a sexual dysfunction. A physically healthy person can have sexual problems due to several reasons like – depression, anxiety, concern regarding performance, relationship difficulties, sexual inhibition, substance abuse, body image disturbance and sexual trauma. It can be difficult to ascertain whether the sexual dysfunction is caused by physical or psychological factors. A few pointers my help:-
- If there is a history of sexual abuse or an evidence of psychological stressors like performance anxiety or fear of intercourse, the dysfunction is more likely to be of psychological causation.
- A psychological problem may not be consistent under different circumstances, whereas a physical problem will persist irrespective of the changed circumstances.
- Medical and gynaecological investigations can reveal if any health condition sufficiently justifies the sexual dysfunction.
- Psychotherapy – By addressing and resolving the underlying emotional and psychological problems, most sexual dysfunctions of psychological origin can be treated easily. Through talk therapy, people are able to get a better understanding of their thought process and thus can deal with their thoughts and feelings in a healthy manner.
- Sex Therapy – It is a type of psychotherapy wherein you can address your concerns about sexual function, feelings and intimacy either in individual therapy or in joint therapy with your partner. Masters and Johnson techniques are the most effective and widely employed behavioural techniques in treating sexual dysfunction in both males and females. Specific techniques are taught for problems like Erectile Dysfunction, Premature Ejaculation, etc. Healthy and honest communication of one’s sexual needs and desires to their partners is also taught.
- Sex education – Sometimes, a little support and correction of faulty attitudes towards sex is all that is required for treating sexual dysfunction. Providing correct and authentic information is the most important step in the treatment process as a lot of sexual problems arise due to incorrect information or myths related to sexual behaviours.
- Medications – Homoeopathic medicines have been found to be very effective in treating sexual dysfunction of both physical and psychological origins.
Identifying the causal factors, i.e. physical, psychological or a combination of the two is of prime importance for the treatment to be successful.