Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti MishraYour feedback matters!
I am 21 n having recurrent boils folliculitis in vaginal area and labia minora swelling since five years. It get relived aftr treatment bt again relapse. I am virgin. please tell mi the diagnosis. I have taken almost all antibiotics. Bt not got permanent relief.
I am 21 years .Is it safe to take cyproterone Acetate 2 mg ethinyl estradiol 35 mcg for long duration (20 yr) for hirsutism?
I am 25 years. I got period last month may now this month not came I was taking pills upto march novelon I stopped in march and from last fifteen days back pain is also very much what is the reason? help me.
I am 7 weeks pregnant. I had torch test and her rubella-IgG is 3.07 and cytomegalovirus virus is (cmv igG) 5.11. I had two times abortion previously. Doctor said that this time also I may get aborted. I injected susten injection for every 15 days. Please doctor Kindly help me. I will search in google all doctors are said that it good result. No need to worry. But why our doctor is told like that. Please doctors help me what is the truth. I really feel tension. Please help me.
Masturbation - Is It Normal?
The present belief that masturbation and semen loss is the mother of all evils- be it mental, physical or sexual is unfortunate continuation of antimasturbation compaign which was started around 305 years back by a quack doctor and pornographer named john marten from europe. He published a pamphlet named onania,-meaning the heinous sin of self pollution and described the frightful consequences of the act, giving spiritual and physical advice to those who had already injured themselves by this abominable practice.
Can you imagine it! whole europe was totally unaware about human sexuality and this was received with open arms. This was the first public awareness about a" new medical entity" called masturbation or onanism. Involuntary seminal loss was called spermatorrhoea. This was considered a revolution, starting a compaign to stop people practicing masturbation. It lasted till mid 20th century. Another swiss physician, simon tissot cemented the belief further by pathologization of masturbation by many funny logics.
India has history of producing the best known book centuries ago on sex - the kamasutra which clearly tells that sex is for pleasure to be experienced as per prevailing social norms. This is a rich tribute to our rich culture which had a very positive attitude towards sex. This whole absurdity of masturbation as a disease has not originated from india. The belief that it causes many evils from hairfall to black spots to weakness to impotency has been a european fantasy. Unfortunately we still follow and believe what these gora sahibs claim to be scientific. They were so obsessed with preventing people from practicing masturbation that they invented some peculiar type of locks to keep the penis" under lock and key"
Please remember, masturbation is also a normal sexual activity. It can be done by self or by a partner, it can be a sole sexual activity or supplement pleasure during intercourse. You can do it by hands or by rubbing against the bed or any other means till you don't injure the penis. You don't harm your penis by holding in a particular way or applying more pressure.
Can it be a problem- yes, it can be problematic if
1- you don't practice it privately. -
Some people find sexual pleasure by exposing their private parts or masturbating in public. It is a paraphilia called exhibitionism. So do it in private if you want it is a criminal offence to expose in public.
2- you start spending too much time in masturbating and seeking sexual pleasure-
There are people who masturbate multiple times a day. Still masturbation as such is normal but they spend too much time seeking sexual pleasure while neglecting their normal expected duties. They have hypersexuality. Sex as such will have no negative consequences, it is the associated events like getting STD from unsafe sex, losses due to neglect of work and damage to social reputation.
3- prefer masturbation as sole source of sexual pleasure, despite easy availability of suitable partner
For example someone after marriage may not have sex with wife but only masturbate. Such cases are found if someone has a severe performance anxiety or a fear of not being able to satisfy his partner. Many cases of non consummation of marriage have such a problem. It can cause severe marital problem and divorce, if adequate treatment is not takena lock showing 4 projections used to prevent masturbation. It used to be tied on the penis.
Hey. I did sex with my girlfriend on 3rd day of her period and ejaculated outside ,and sex without condom and its benn 1 month 5 days and she didn't get her periods back. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Am 29 weeks of pregnant and sunday morning I ve accidentally fallen down, a small scratch on my knees which s not visible also, today feeling a little pain in knees while walking, will this cause any prob. I will meet my doctor it by tomo, please help.
Hi Doctor, I am a mother, live in delhi. My baby is 1 year old. He kiked on my chest while feeding milk. Now I am feeling pain and there is something tight in my right side chest. So please tell me what can I do to free from this problem.
Today, olive oil is known as one of the healthiest oils for cooking food because of its low level of saturated fats. Olive oil is also said to be able to aid in weight loss, reduce cholesterol, lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases, slow down the ageing process and protect against certain types of cancer. However, not all types of olive oil are the same. Olive oil is extracted by crushing olives and is categorised on the basis of the type of pressing, acidity levels and extent of processing undergone.
Some of the common types of olive oil available are:
- Extra virgin olive oil: This refers to oil produced by the first ‘pressing’ of olives. This oil is extracted using only mechanical or other physical means and does not involve the use of heat or chemicals. The only processing is subjected to is washing, decanting, centrifuging and filtering. The maximum acidity level of this oil is 0.8%. Extra virgin olive oil has no added flavours or aroma and is said to have a superior taste.
- Virgin olive oil: This is the second grade of olive oil. It has slightly higher level of acidity than extra virgin olive oil. It may seem to have a slight flavour imperfection as compared to the earlier oil. This is most commonly used type of olive oil.
- Refined olive oil: Oil that is produced by subsequent pressings of the remaining olive flesh is known as refined olive oil. It has a lighter colour and is less viscous as compared to virgin olive oil. Unlike virgin olive oil, refined olive oil is bleached and deodorised. It may also be mixed with a little virgin olive oil. This type of oil has the same levels of monosaturated fat, but has very little antioxidants.
- Olive pomace oil: The crushed flesh and pits left over from the extraction of olive oil is known as pomace. This may further be used to extract oil known as pomace oil. Pomace oil is an inferior oil that may be mixed with olive oil to improve its taste and texture.
- Unfiltered olive oil: As the name suggests, the unfiltered olive oil contains bits of olive flesh. While this may enhance the flavour of the oil, it also causes a sediment to be formed at the bottom of the bottle. This sediment may become rancid over time and lower the shelf life of the oil. Unfiltered olive oil should ideally be used within 6 months of being bottled.
Apart from the above, there are a number of other types of olive oil such as early or late harvest olive oil, hand picked olive oil, single estate olive oil and flavoured oil. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.