Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyoti Mishra
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti MishraYour feedback matters!
6 handy tips to manage repeated vaginal infections
Vaginal infections occur when the walls of the vagina get inflamed. This can be caused by several factors such as bacteria, viruses, yeast, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), chemicals and clothing. The standard medical term for it is vaginitis and it bothers most women at some point in their lives.
Maintaining vaginal and overall genital health is very important in preventing and dealing with infection. that affect the affect the area, especially those which are persistent or recurrent.
Some tips to manage repeated vaginal infections are as follows:
1. Maintaining personal hygiene: The most important aspect of maintaining vaginal health is keeping the pubic region cleansed and hydrated. Poor hygiene and dryness make it more prone to recurring infection.
2. Using the right products: Harsh chemical soaps and sprays may cause irritation to the vagina and make it susceptible to inflammation due to infection.
3. Wearing skin-friendly clothing: Certain types and materials of clothing have a harmful impact on the delicate skin of the genital area which puts the vagina at the risk of contracting infections. These include nylon underwear, tight jeans and trousers, pantyhose with no cotton lining, etc. Wearing soft cotton underwear and linen bottoms are the best ways to prevent vaginal infection and inflammation.
4. Using protection during sex: Protected sexual intercourse prevents the spread of STDs which cause vaginal infection. Hence, it is always advisable to use a condom while having sex.
5. Urinating after sex: Always urinating after sex reduces the chances of catching a vaginal infection.
6. Getting regular health checkups: The most efficient way of managing vaginal infections is by getting the vagina checked up by your gynaecologist as regularly as possible so as to prevent further complications and ensure early detection of infections or diseases.
These are some of the simple and effective ways of handling vaginal infections. Most cases are not very serious and can be easily treated and managed.
We have 10 month baby. My wife is pregnant for 42 days. We are not want a baby at this time. Please give us advise.
I recently did a urine routine, it tested positive for leukocyte esterase and also 5-7 WBC/HPF were detected. I am 26 weeks pregnant. Do I need to take some antibiotics fir this, or will this cure on its own if I increase my fluid intake?
I hv thyroid problem. And I'm also suffering from over weight and irregular periods. In addition joint pain also. I hv my last periods on 23 june I didn't hv my periods yet.
I am 17 year old female. There' s an increase in my body weight from past 2 years and I am irregular periods from the past 2 years. Doctors told me to take a series of tests and found out that j have polycystic ovary syndrome. They advised me to reduce weight to have regular periods but i' m unable to reduce weight. Please help me to get cured from pcos and also to reduce weigh
I had normal delivery in April and I want to reduce my tummy fat. Could you tell me how to reduce and I don't have time to do exercise. Is there anything else to reduce.
I am gain weight and want to reduce my weight. I am having pcos due to which I have heavy hair fall. please let me know how to stop hair fall.
Cancer is an uncontrolled proliferation of transformed cells in any part of the body. Neoplasm or tumor are used variably to describe any swelling or new growth. Benign growths don't have the potential to spread to other organs or parts of the body while malignancy or malignant growths have uncontrolled proliferation and metastatic potential. Transformation is a multistep process with genetic alterations by which normal cells acquire malignant potential, uncontrolled proliferation capacity and capacity to spread to other parts of the body (metastasis) worldwide cancer is responsible for 1 in 8 deaths. Most common cancers are:
Men: oral cancer (in India), prostate, lung
Women: breast, cervix and endometrium, colorectal, lung
What causes cancer? cancer is usually multifactorial
1. Age- more in age group greater than 60 yrs compared to younger age group
2. Obesity- body mass index greater than 30
3. Tobacco - cigarette, cigar, bidi, hookah, smokeless tobacco like gutka, zarda etc. There is no safe form of tobacco.
4. Pan masala and supari
6. Ultraviolet rays exposure
7. Radiation exposure
8. Genetic factors
9. Others- pollution, certain chemicals, infections
Prevention of cancer:
1. Stay away from tobacco products
2. Eat healthy and daily physical activity- fresh fruits and vegetable are good, maintain optimal body weight
3. Be safe in sun
4. Cancer awareness and early detection: alarming signs are (caution)-
- Change in bowel or bladder habits
- A sore that will not heal
- Unusual discharge or bleeding
- Thickening or lump in the breast, testicles or elsewhere
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing
- Obvious change in a wart or mole
- A nagging cough or hoarseness
5. Cancer screening: screening is for healthy individuals with education. Rather than going for unnecessary blind tests, a programme for screening should be planned in consultation with your oncologist as requirements are different for different cancers and differ as per age groups and gender. Also, screening is not effective in all cancers. Cancer education and awareness have due importance. Some cancers in which screening has been shown to be effective includes breast, colon, rectum, cervix, prostate, lung in high-risk groups but as mentioned earlier it is planned with participation of both individual and oncologist.
Types of cancer treatment:
Cancer treatment is now a multidisciplinary management in which different surgical, medical and radiation oncologist plan treatment protocol for best possible chances of cure. Advancement in all these fields and their contribution in comprehensive management results in 25-30% improvement in cure rate over previous decades.
- Surgery: involves surgical principles to remove the tumor with adequate margins and possible draining lymph nodes regions. Improvements and understanding of surgical principles even make resection of distant disease or cure of stage iv disease in some selected cases.
- Chemotherapy: cytotoxic drugs are given either in injectable or oral forms which acts on uncontrolled cancer cells. Advances in this fields result in drugs with better efficacy and less side effect profile and at the same time resulting in better cancer control. Targetted therapy acts on specific pathways of cancer growth. Hormone therapy targets specific hormone receptors for controlling cancer.
- Radiation therapy: is the delivery of radiation generated by radioactive source over the region of cancer. More and more advances in radiation technologists are emerging like imrt, sbrt to focus radiation over the specific location so as to avoid toxic effect over surrounding area.