Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyoti Arora
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti AroraYour feedback matters!
Sir/mam I have unprotected sex with my partner on 2nd of october and taken unwanted 72 within 3 hrs and today is 8th of oct I do not have any withdrawal bleeding and I have backache. Me and my partner have done protected sex yesterday and day before yesterday as I always have my periods after doing sex but unfortunately its not working. And one more fact is that in past I have also done unprotected sex and taken unwanted 72 and after exactly 5 days I got my withdrawal bleeding but now its 7th day I have not get my periods. Please suggest me. Some solution, is it necessary to have withdrawal bleeding please help me I am very much tensed.
Allergies are the result of the immune system’s response to foreign objects such as pet dander, pollen, certain foods, bee venom etc. In response to the allergen, the immune system produces antibodies, anticipating that the allergen is harmful in nature, even though that might not be the case always. The immune system can inflame the digestive system, skin, airways or sinuses when it comes in contact with allergens. The severity of allergies can vary from anaphylaxis to a minor irritation. In most cases, allergies cannot be fully cured. It, however, can be controlled with medication.
What are the symptoms of allergy?
- Various allergies cause different kinds of symptoms.
- Hay fever can cause sneezing, fluffy nose, itching of the eyes, nose, and mouth, swollen eyes etc.
- Food allergy can cause hives, mouth tingling, anaphylaxis, body itching etc.
- Insect sting produces symptoms such as anaphylaxis, cough, swelling on the source etc.
- Drug allergy can result in a rash, wheezing, swelling of the face, hives etc.
- Atopic dermatitis often lead to flake, itching, and reddening of the skin.
- There are other allergies that are triggered either by food or by insect bite. These can lead to a medical emergency known as the anaphylaxis. Some symptoms include skin rash, loss of consciousness, weak pulse, vomiting and nausea, shortness of breath etc.
What are the possible causes of allergy?
- Air: A number of allergies occur from the surrounding air. Examples of such airborne allergies include pollen, animal dander, mould etc.
- Food items: Certain foods are known to be causing allergy such as tree nuts, eggs, peanuts, soy fish etc.
- Medication: There are medications such as penicillin-based antibiotics that can lead to allergy.
- Insect bite: Bite from insects such as wasp or bee can trigger an allergy in adults and kids.
What are the possible complications?
Allergy often leads to complication such as asthma, infection of the lungs, sinusitis, infection of the ear and anaphylaxis. The risk of getting these conditions increase, provided no treatment is done for a long duration.
How is the diagnosis done?
To investigate the type of allergy a person has, the doctor might ask for the exact symptoms that a person is encountering. He may ask questions related to intake of food and the possible triggers. A skin test is often performed, followed by a blood test to confirm the presence of allergy in an individual.
What are the methods of treatment?
Depending on the type of allergy one has, a doctor might prescribe nasal spray, eye drops, and pills to reduce the symptoms. Apart from this, if the allergy is severe in nature, a doctor might suggest going for immunotherapy and emergency epinephrine. Certain lifestyle changes and food habits go a long way in cutting down the symptoms.
Therapy is an ideal way of freeing your mind over a talk session with a therapist. Through therapy, you can resolve painful feelings, change self-destructive behaviors and habits, improve your relationships, and a lot more.
Here are 10 reasons you should try therapy for a better health of mind :
- Therapy is for everybody: Therapy is not for crazy people with mental illness. It is good for anybody and everybody who wants to gain peace of mind.
- It is easier to talk to a stranger about some matters, than a friend: Only a stranger has the ability to recognize an irregularity in you, which your friends cannot. Therapists can dig into matters deeply and arrive at different conclusions.
- You get to learn more about yourself: During therapy, you talk about stuff and come to different realizations about things, which you never thought or cared about before and which allows you to discover a new side of yourself.
- You can get out of your comfort zone: Before going for therapy, you may feel awkward or strange to sit with a stranger and discuss personal matters. However, therapists are professionals and once you open up to them, you will be able to discuss everything with them comfortably.
- You feel supported: There are many issues in life, which seriously affect you, but no one pays heed to them. Your therapist listens and discusses everything you have in mind. Finally, you are heard.
- You develop better self-awareness: Therapy gives you a chance to stop for a moment and contemplate about certain areas of life, which you usually never cared about. What you never thought about might finally affect you, and you will try to improve on it.
- You feel better: You may have serious issues and might be feeling troubled. The therapist gives you suggestions and when you leave the clinic, you are bound to feel much lighter and calmer.
- You can focus on yourself: In the daily hustle bustle of life, you may be so occupied that you never get a chance to think about or focus on yourself. Weekly therapy gives you an hour, which is dedicated only to you to explore your feelings, thoughts and concerns about life.
- You may be pushing down yourself: Ignorance of serious issues causes a negative effect on your life and health, as well as in the lives of your dear ones. Therapy allows you to bring all these ignored issues to light and after recognizing them properly, you can improve upon them.
- Smart, successful people believe in therapy: Therapy is for strong people who have the courage to approach a stranger with their personal issues. Majority of smart and successful people recognize the benefit of therapy and undergo the same for their own benefit.
Therapy is very effective and allows you to express yourself honestly and benefits you in many ways. While mental health concerns affect millions of people throughout the world, help is available. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My age is 49 & my wife age is 44 & we are physically fit so can we have a child as we are enjoying sex since last 8 yrs by keeping some days intervals but we couldn't becoming parent. Kindly suggest which types of Veg food & medicine should we take which has no side effects to both of us.
Hi. My due date of periods was 5 jan but I missed my periods n I feel nausea fatigue bellybutton light pain n I have brown discharge when ever I wipe its vry vry lite. Is it a symptom of pregnancy or serious health issue. I hv done upt tst too but it was negative. Please suggest me.
Hello. I am 32 years. I have PCOS problem for past several years. I was taking Novelon. I stopped taking taking Novelon for past two months as I wanted to conceive. I got my periods late this month by 14 days. My doctor suggested me - GLYCOMET, OVALIFE. Please advise.
Hi. I am 26. I became mother of twins last week. I undergo vaginal delivery. Kindly suggest what should be my diet like? And can I start light walks?
Thought I'd write a little update! 7 weeks post op today. I had a go at hoovering, and mopping on Sunday morning. Unfortunately had to quickly dry floor with towel as visitors appeared. The foot swings trying to dry floor put me back a little, could barely walk in evening. However have recovered.
Hello, I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the 7th day of periods (though my last day) and though he ejaculated outside my vagina I took an unwanted 72 pill on the 30th hour. It has been 5 days since I took that pill and I haven't noticed any side effects of the pill including the withdrawal bleeding. Is there a possibility of being pregnant here?
It is a common trend among youngsters to smoke weed as they tend to think it makes them look cool. It is a common misconception that smoking pot relieves various social and personal problems. It is used as a form of escape mechanism that allows them to avoid problems in life.
The usual reasons why people turn to smoking pot are:
- Peer pressure: You may have friends who smoke weed on a regular basis, so you may be tempted to join in.
- Boredom: It is a usual resort to escape from boredom or craving excitement. It is said that smoking weed helps in filling the internal void that results from lack of excitement.
- Rebellion: Weed has also been connected and continues to be a symbol of rebellion among today's teenagers and youngsters.
- Smoking weed has been shown to shrink the size of the orbitofrontal cortex, a region of the brain that is important in making decisions and processing emotions.
- It can alter your mood, hamper body movement and impairs your ability to concentrate and execute tasks.
- It increases your risk of getting affected by phlegm and cough.
- The long term effects of marijuana comprises of impaired learning and thinking skills.
- It also affects the process where new connections are formed in the brain.
- Regular weed smokers have also been shown to have lower IQ levels comparatively.
- Apart from the mental effects, it may also cause breathing discomforts as the smoke may irritate the lungs.
- It also increases the chances of heart attack in the elderly.
- Weed has also been reported to impact the fetus if a pregnant woman smokes it.
- It raises the risk of behavioral problems in children.
- The complications that a child may face are impaired problem solving skills, attention and memory related disorders.
Thus, it is important to stay away from smoking weed as it is addictive and increases your chances of getting affected by numerous health complications.