Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JyothiYour feedback matters!
Dear doctors. Meri wife pregnante hai uska last manstrual sycle 29/11/2016 ko aya tha aur wo lagbhag 1.5 month se prangnet hai. Mujhe ye pta karna tha ki kya hum sex kar skte hai. Ya nhi. Agar ha to kya sex krne se kisi prakar ki problam to nhi hogi. Aur mera dusra sawal ye hai ki usse bilkul bhuk nhi lagti aur hamesha vomating aur dil michalta rhta hai uske karan wo kuch v ni khana chahti to hame kya krna chahiye. Maine use doctor se dikhaya usne vomating rokne ka medicine dia but koi fayeda ni h. Please help and guid what should I do Thanx.
I am breastfeeding feeding mother of two years old baby girl and wants to continue breastfeeding for next six months. My height is 5'5" ,age 38 and weight 72 kg. When I conceived my weight was 65 kg. During pregnancy I have gained 20 kg (85 kg. I want to reduce my weight. Can I start green tea or something else? As I am breastfeeding and wants to continue. Can having green thrice a day affect my baby?
Post pregnancy, you may experience pain due to multiple reasons. However, such pain might subside within a few weeks, but still it is advisable that one should be prepared prepared for all kinds of discomfort post pregnancy, such as the pain you endure while breastfeeding or the epidural pain. If you have undergone surgery, then there may be pain due to surgical incisions as well. One should keep herself hydrated all throughout and be patient while trying to deal with such post pregnancy pain.
Managing pain depends on the type of pain you are experiencing. Below is a summarized account of the different types of pain one might go through and how to come out of it.
- Incisions: In case the delivery occurs by the caesarian procedure, you might have to endure pain from the incisions. The pain generally lasts till all the incisions heal, so you will require pain medications to get relief from the pain.
- Uterine contractions: The uterus needs to return to its normal size after the delivery. The pain from these contractions tends to increase with subsequent pregnancies. Like incisions, pain medications will be administered to help you get relief from the pa
- Vaginal dryness: A woman’s vagina tends to be dry while she is breastfeeding. This can cause pain if you want to indulge in sexual intercourse. In this regard, lubricants (preferably water based) are a good way to treat vaginal dryness.
- Engorgement of the breast: When a woman starts lactating, her breasts tend to become fuller and thus, cause minor but persisting pain. A breast pump (used to extract milk from a woman’s breasts), in this case, can relieve you of such pain.
- Back pain: Pregnancy related stress and strain can often lead to back pain. This back pain usually stems from holding the baby and breastfeeding it. If it so happens, you can consider changing your posture while breastfeeding and taking warm baths twice a day to get rid of the backaches.
- Joint pain: There may be pain in your joints such as the one in your wrists, hands and feet. This usually occurs due to all the chemical changes that your body undergoes during pregnancy. Pain medications and stretches can help ease this sort of a pain.
- Pain in the legs: Post pregnancy leg pain is caused because of all the fluids that are administered intravenously. Once the content of fluids in the body reduces, the pain tends to subside. However, any sign or symptom of blood clots or visible redness in the legs might warrant medical attention at the earliest.
- Headaches: This is the most common type of pain that can result from a pregnancy. Headaches are caused due to hormonal imbalances, insomnia and stress that you may experience. It is advisable to not take any pain medication in this regard as painkillers can interfere with your bodily hormones even more, given that headaches are usually not something to worry about. Drink plenty of water and try to get ample rest; this should take care of the pain automatically. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
Had unprotected sex with my bf on 4th jan at 7 am took unwanted 72 at 8 pm .My period was due on 10 jan it did not come nor bleeding happened. Did pregnancy test on 13th jan its negative me worried what to do.
I am 20 year old girl from few days I am observing that my left breast have became little big then right breast I m worried about it. Please tell me that whether its a symptom of breast cancer? and what should I do now.
I have pimply spots on my urethra gland skin and on my penis. Which didn't pain and on itching then it looks they continue do itching.
Hi I am 33 year old female I want to know that which is the safe time for sex without any percussion. If we r sex together without any percussion after one day of my monthly date that is safe or not please reply my question with full detail I want the right time for sex with out any percussions.
I had miscarriage last 2 years I am not convinced yet doctor says it is unexplained infertility so what can I do next.
Hello doctor. My wife is suffering with winter problem synosis she in carrying 7 month pregnant. Pls tell me some tablets for her.
My sister's menstrual cycle discontinued for about 53 day rather than 21days. We were happy about her pregnancy but the problem was she can't check her pregnancy and not consulted a doctor due some busy schedule. But after 53 days her menstrual cycle is back, we are depress now. She is complaining some lower abdomen pain also. What is actually going on, we will consult tomorrow, before that I want to ask doctors about it. Is she was pregnant or MC can be this much delay. Before this she always had regular period. Please advice and help.
My friends having her periods. So that she is taking some capsules to reduce pain name of cipcal is Meftalspac. Is it good to take his capsules to control periods and pain. If any problem by taking them?
Hello Dr. I am 26 year old girl and suffering from irregular mensuration problem and it always delay what I have to do ?
Almost 90% of smartphone users spend most of their time on their phones. Whatsapp, facebook, twitter, instagram, games. This addiction is not only heavy on our data packs and pockets, but are equally damaging to our neck and back. During neutral position of neck, there are about 10-12 pounds of force working on the cervical spine (neck). The force increases in proportion to the bending angle of our neck. Have a look at the attached picture.
The simplest solution to avoid this damage to our neck and hence development of cervical spondylosis is to hold the phone at eye level!
Hello, I am breastfeeding now to my 6 six months baby. I had a unprotected intercourse last night and now I am worried about taking any emergency contraceptive pills which may impacts milk production. Could anyone suggest any best pills during breastfeeding which will available in Indian market. Thank you very much for your time. Regards
Hello doctor my self animal. I am 25 years old lady. I have irregular period problem. Even gaping is two or three months please suggest me any medicine.
Hello doc I'm planning for a baby my last month period was 25th to 29th and I had sex on 2th of feb please tell me will be any chance of getting pregnant or when should I start regular Intercourse (please tell me the start date) to get pregnant please help me out. Thank you.
Meri marriage ko 1 year ho gya hai, me baby planning kar rahi hu, mera period 30 march ko tha, wese mera period 35 days ka hota hai. Mera fertile day konsa hoga, kya hum fertile day se pahle sex kar sakte hai?
Bad side effects of flaxseeds:
Flax seed and flax seed oil are excellent sources of alpha-linolenic acid, which the body converts to essential omega-3 fatty acids. Flax seed contains lignans, a phytoestrogen that protects against certain cancers, and also provides protein, potassium and fiber. You can sprinkle flax seed on cereal, yogurt and salad, and add it to recipes for baked goods. Additionally, you can mix whole or bruised flax seed with liquid and drink it. Some bad side effects are possible with flax seed, but they are primarily associated with consuming large amounts.
1. Laxative effects
Flax seed may have laxative properties, as noted by the u. S. National institutes of health. This could lead to abdominal discomfort, an increased number of bowel movements and diarrhea. The nih recommends that people with diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, diverticulitis or inflammatory bowel disease, including crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, should not consume flax seed.
2. Digestive tract obstruction
Flax seed may cause obstruction of the esophagus, intestines or bowel if taken in large doses or without enough liquid, warns the nih. Anyone with narrowing of the esophagus, intestine or bowel, or who already has an obstruction in these areas, should not consume flax seed. Additionally, scleroderma patients should consult with a doctor before using flax seed, according to the university of michigan health system. Some scleroderma patients have developed severe constipation and bowel obstruction after beginning fiber supplementation.
3. Allergic reaction
Although allergic reactions to flax seed are very uncommon, according to the umhs, some severe reactions have been reported. Symptoms have included abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. Life-threatening anaphylaxis also has occurred. Anaphylaxis involves a sudden drop in blood pressure and difficulty breathing.
4. Overdose effects
Effects of a flax seed overdose have been researched in animal studies, according to the nih. Signs may include shortness of breath, rapid breathing, weakness and trouble walking. A flax seed overdose also may cause seizures or paralysis.
5. Hormonal effects
Flax seed may have estrogen-like effects, and women taking flax seed daily may experience changes in menstruation, according to the nih. The nih advises that women with hormone-related health conditions be cautious about using flax seed. These conditions include endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome, uterine fibroids, and breast, ovarian or uterine cancer. Pregnant women also should not consume supplemental flax seed, as it could stimulate menstruation or cause other hormonal effects that might be harmful to the developing baby.