Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Junaid Alam
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Junaid AlamYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor I have been suffering from OCD from 4-5 year. I have been diagnosed by a doctor. B taking flunil 20 mg with pan 40. But 3 year ago I quit my medicine as I conceived my kid. Again I am feeling the same symptoms repetitive thought. Washing my hand clothing and kid. Again I started flunil 20 mg but this time I am feeling pinching pain in my upper abdomen. .what should I do. please help me.
My hair are continuously falling and I do not know what to do. Please can you tell me specifically what should I do?
Happiness and sadness are part and parcel of life. Some things make us smile while others make us cry. While life is full of mixed emotions, being persistently sad could be a sign of depression. It is a clinical condition that needs treatment just like a fever or any other sickness.
Depression is a common mental ailment that can affect children and adults of both sexes. This is characterized by a feeling of sadness, worthless and helplessness that lasts for more than 2 weeks. Other symptoms of depression include:
- Loss of interest in events and activities
- Social withdrawal
- Outbursts of irritation and frustration over small matters
- Sleep disturbances
- Loss of appetite
- Unexplained weight gain or weight loss
- Shorter attention span
- Unexplained headaches or backaches
Though the exact cause of depression is still unknown, there are many factors that could trigger depression:
- Fluctuating hormones: This is a very common cause of depression. This may occur during pregnancy or after delivery.
- Thyroid problems and menopause: People with thyroid issues and women going through menopause often face the problem of depression. In some cases, a change in how neurotransmitters behave inside the brain could cause depression.
- Genetics: It has been observed that 40% of depression cases have a genetic link. People with close relatives who suffer from depression may also suffer from the same condition.
- Traumatic events: People who have a traumatic past such as a history of physical or sexual abuse, the death of a loved one or a difficult relationship could also trigger depression.
- Alcohol and substance abuse: Excessive drinking and other substance abuse have been closely linked to depression.
- Other factors: Depression can begin at any age and men are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition as compared to women. This may be because women often seek help in the early stages of depression.
People with low self-esteem and a pessimistic outlook on life have a high risk of being depressed. Treatment for cancer, heart disease and other such chronic illnesses as well as certain types of medication could also contribute to depression.
Symptoms of depression vary from one patient to another. Hence, they can be difficult to diagnose in the early stages. Treatment typically includes medication, counselling, group therapy and a change in lifestyle habits. For example, it is imperative for depression patients to step outside their comfort zone and interact with others. For this, they may consider joining a hobby class. Regular exercise is also important as it increases production of serotonin and gives the person an opportunity to get out of the house. When it comes to depression, remember, it is very important for the patient to be supported by family and friends.