Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Juhi SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I got married 20 days back. We have been having sex without condom, though I have ensured of ejaculating outside her. My wife has crossed her date for her periods, 2 days back. Both of us don't want a child now. Could you please suggest how to safely ensure it.
We are not able to have intercourse due to immense pain experienced by my wife. Is it normal. Can my wife conceive without penetration?
Iam 22 year female. I have my periods problem by every month its getting late by 5 to 10 days. This month my mom took me to put one tablet to go for temple so it takes 2 months. Is there any problem in pregnancy in future by taking those tablet? Please suggest me.
Hi Dr. My period date is 24 .from 2 .3 months my period cum early 7 8 dayd so I take homeopathic medicine .i m also trying fr baby. Nw its 21 st morning I feel like period bt lil light pink n brown colour lil discharge come bt after dat white discharge what is it is I am pregnant or other problem .plzz help today also I feel like .i have pain also right side some time.
Hi my follicle does not grow at fix rate some time 10 mm in a day some time there is no growth at all. On 11 day it is 19 mm and on 13 day size is same.
Can I get pregnant if being fingered with precum. Although he wiped his hands. I am a virgin. This happened 3 days after by periods got over .i have a minimum 32 days cycle please tell.
Inadequate sperm production and quality is one of the most common reasons for male infertility as it decreases the odds of one of the sperms fertilizing the egg for conception.
According to the World Health Organization, the normal concentration of sperm is at least 20 million per ml of semen. Fewer than 15 million sperm per ml is considered a low sperm count, also called oligozoospermia. Conception problems are associated with fewer than 40 million moving sperm in the ejaculate.
Various natural remedies and other tips can help increase your sperm count and also improve sperm quality.
A Changing Your Habits
1. Avoid overheating your testicles. There's a reason our testicles rest outside our bodies: they need to stay a bit cooler than the rest of our internal organs. When testicles get too warm, they aren't able to produce as much sperm. There are a number of ways to make sure your testicles don't get overheated:
Don't wear tight pants and jeans.
Wear loose, cotton boxer shorts instead of briefs.
Sleep without underwear so that your testicles stay cooler.
Avoid hot baths and saunas.
2. Wear a jockstrap when you play sports. It goes without saying, because most men know this from experience, but a blow to the balls will hurt you and kill your sperm.
3.Massage your body with herbal oils. This, along with regular exercise, improves overall blood flow and circulation. Increased circulation means healthier sperm.
4.Reduce stress levels. Stress can decrease your sexual function, leading to reduced sperm production.If you work 12 plus hour days and never give yourself a chance to rest, your count might be down as a result. Try practicing relaxation techniques throughout the day to keep yourself feeling calm. Keep your mind and body healthy by regularly practicing yoga and meditation, or take up running or swimming.
Stress hormones block Leydig cells, which are tasked with regulating testosterone production. When your body experiences too much stress, it can actually stop producing sperm altogether.
Make sure you're getting enough sleep every night. Exhaustion can also lead to increased stress and cause decreased sperm production.
5. Stop smoking. Smoking cigarettes causes sperm counts to be lower, makes them move more slowly, and causes the sperm themselves to be misshapen. According to one study, men who smoke have 22% fewer sperm than men who don't. Marijuana seems to have a similar effect on sperm. Cutting back on both of these substances is a good idea if you want to boost your count.
6. Drink alcohol moderately. Alcohol affects your liver function, which, in turn, causes a dramatic spike in estrogen levels. (Yes, men have estrogen.) Since testosterone is directly linked to sperm health and sperm production, this isn't a good state of affairs. Even two drinks a day will have long-term effects on sperm production.
7. Ejaculate less frequently. Frequent ejaculations can lower sperm count. Your body produces millions of sperm each day, but if you already have low sperm count, consider storing them up longer between ejaculations. If you have sex or masturbate daily, cut down on the frequency for increased sperm production.
8.Be careful around toxins. Exposure to chemicals can affect the size, movement and count of your sperm. It's more and more difficult to avoid exposure to toxins, but it's absolutely necessary for your overall health and the health of your sperm. Do the following to decrease your exposure:
If you work around chemicals all day long, protect your skin with long sleeves and gloves, and make sure you wear a mask and goggles to protect your face.
Use natural cleaning supplies instead of cleaning with chemicals.
Don't use pesticides or herbicides in your house or yard.
9.Be wary of medications. Certain medications can lead to decreased sperm count and even permanent infertility. If sperm production is a big concern for you, make sure you ask your doctor whether any medication prescribed might affect your sperm count. Look at the labels on over-the-counter medicines, too.