Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Juhi Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Juhi SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have miss my period and I have done pregnancy test at my home one line got dark and other was light. I do not want to get pregnant. I want my period to come. Can I take regestrone tablet to get my period.
My wife is pregnant. And she is being very much nervous because of vommiting and pain in stomach. 5 months are completed of her pregnancy. Please advice, what to do?
Sir. yesterday morning I just feel like gastric when I went to toilet it didn't come out completely then I try to make pressure then something like blood comes out and sometimes jelly type semi liquid. Please Suggest
Here are some treatments and symptoms of uterine fibroids
I am getting married in next week and we don't want to have kids immediately. The problem is I don't want to use condoms and we are little bit scared to use pills because it may leads to side effects. Can you please let us know what are the other options available and if we need to use pills which one will be good.
My doctor advised me for mychiro tablets for pcos Its been 2 months that I'm having it Is this tablets is a birth control pill or not. Can I conceive while consuming them.
Hello doc, I got married before 10 months since 6 months me and my wife are trying to get pregnant but not successful yet. Wht could be a possibly cause? Is thr any problem? We consult to our local doctor she checked the vaginal colle of my wife she said tht colle is swollen inside and it is a sign of pregnancy but at the end of month my period comes. So please suggest what's going on?
Hello doctor I had unprotected sexual intercourse on june 21st. 37th day of my period. My last period was May 14th (14 -17th). Is ths safe day for me or NOT? Sterday I took Unwanted 72 pill also. please guide me.
Hi, I am DR Sowmya Nair, an ayurvedic physician with more than 13 years of experience in Ayurveda. I am specialised in Ayurvedic Panchakarma treatment. Today I am going to speak about cervical spondylitis.
Cervical spondylitis, Lumber spondylitis and Ankylosing spondylitis. So these are the lifestyle diseases and are very common these days. It is a lifestyle disease because we are sitting in front of the computers for long time and not maintaining our body postures, using mobiles, playing tabs.
How to prevent these lifestyle diseases?
- First is diet, try to avoid too much junk and oily food in order to maintain the body weight.
- Second is to maintain the correct posture. Sit straight while using computers. Sit in such a manner that the monitor or laptop should lie in eye level.
- Third is to indulge in regular exercises. Doing yoga helps us to stay healthy.
In all the spondylitis changes, the major change is the dignity of the neck. So, the main symptoms like neck stiffness, neck pain, pain in arms, headache. Back pain is also a major problem, difficulty in walking in Lumber spondylitis. In Ankylosing spondylitis, the rigidy and stiffness will be more.
In Ayurveda, we are offering Panchkarma treatment for all these ailments.
The main Panchakarma treatment for;
- For Cervical Spondylitis are greeva basti, greeva bicchu, abhyangam, potli massage and nasyam.
- For Lumber spondylitis, we are providing kati basti, kati bicchu, basti.
- Dhanyamla dhara for Ankylosing spondylitis.
All these are the treatments available with us. So, we treat these lifestyle diseases from the roots.
In case of more details about Panchakarma treatment or any other treatment for lifestyle disorders, you can contact me through Lybrate.
My wife has a decreasing menstrual cycle which is usually 3 to 4 days early. And her last month menstrual cycle was on 24 may. And we had a relation on 16th of this month. And till date her menstrual cycle didn't come. Please guide. Is she pregnant.
Staying healthy involves a wholesome state of being where the mind and body are in perfect sync. A less than properly functioning body can leave you in a state of potential depression after a certain point of time, while a depressive mind can leave you feeling less than stellar where you end up imagining and experiencing pain. The health of your bones and joints is one such area that requires even more care as you start growing older. Wear and tear is just one of the reasons for degeneration while fractures and injuries can lead to a sudden halt of normal functioning of the bones and joints too.
So how can you ensure bone and joint health in the long run? Follow our tips!
- Eating Right: Pick calcium rich food like dairy products that have a low fat content, including milk and yogurt. Also, have a daily dose of green, leafy vegetables and plenty of citrus fruit and juices for your fill of calcium. Further, food like eggs and soybeans which have lots of vitamin D can also help in retaining good bone and joint health. Vitamin C rich fruit like watermelon, oranges, squash and tomatoes also help in natural tissue and cartilage repair. And finally, get plenty of vitamin K to retain good bone density for a prolonged period with ingredients like leafy green vegetables, eggs and cheese.
- Exercise: This is the key to good bone and joint health. Much like machinery and tools, the bones and joints of your body can also wither with disuse and prolonged inactivity. Make sure that you indulge in exercises like long walks and muscle strengthening exercises which will give your joints and bones good amount of strength as well. Remember to speak with your doctor before you start a new exercise regime so that you avoid anything that may be harmful in case you have any other ailment. Low impact exercises will strengthen the spine, while fat burning and weight loss exercises will ensure that there is less pressure on the knees and lumbar area. Swimming and resistance building exercises can also be practised for these purposes.
- Abstinence: A major factor in promoting better bone and joint health is abstinence from all those things that can create problems in the long run, like smoking, drinking excessively and even too much consumption of caffeine and fatty food. All these things can create depletion of the natural bone mass. Also, switching to a lower heel for everyday wear footwear and changing your position during your time at your workstation are a few things that will go a long way.
Take care of your bones and joints the right way today, for a healthier tomorrow.
Chikungunya is a viral disease transmitted to people by the bite of an infectious mosquito known as Aedes Aegypti. The chikungunya infection is most prevalent in Africa, Southeast Asia, the Indian subcontinent and Indian Ocean islands, where various incidents of these disease and certain outbreaks have occurred over the years.
Humans and different animals are the regular hosts for the chikungunya virus, which can turn out to be very painful if it is not treated on time with proper medical care and intervention. The virus is spread to people by the bite of a female mosquito called Aedes aegypti or Aedes Albopictus. These are the same tropical and sub-tropical mosquitoes that spread the dengue virus. They breed in or close to human habitations and want to feed on people during the daytime in shady zones. These are likely to bite you at during the early hours of the evening or at night. The hatching time frame (time from disease to sickness) can be anywhere between two to 12 days.
Symptoms: Chikungunya infection is characterised by the following symptoms:
- High or blazing fever
- Extreme joint pain for the most part in the arms and legs
- Pain in the muscle
- Pain in the back
- Body ache
- Rash (in about 50% of the infected people)
A vast majority begins to feel better following 7 to 10 days but a few people will go through longer term joint pain.
- There is no particular medicine to prevent chikungunya. There is no antibiotic that can help in doing away with it - it usually abates on its own. Chikungunya treated on the basis of a patient's symptoms. However, there are some precautions and alternate medications that can be used as a cure.
- Bed rest, liquids, and medication to soothe side effects of fever and hurting. Asprin should be avoided.
- Personal protection and a hygienic environment is important to prevent the growth of the illness.
Since this virus does not have a vaccine or any particular medicine, one should try to stay away from mosquitos as much as possible. Covering yourself up while travelling, especially in the evening is the best approach to prevent it.
hello.Doctor my query is I have lost my verginity in intercourse,is their a way to restore my verginity?
Factors that determine the success of your IVF procedure
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women, In general, a blood sample is collected to determine whether you're pregnant or not about 10-14 days after the eggs are retrieved.
Coming to the success of the procedure, a number of factors are at play and these are:
- The age at which you get pregnant - A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Lifestyle habits - Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Cause of Infertility - If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history - IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
- Embryo status - Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.