Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Juhi SharmaYour feedback matters!
Consume buttermilk everyday in afternoon to stay away from the bad effects of heat caused due to summer. Make sure it is not too sour and dont put ice in it. Adding little salt for taste is benificial.
My wife have just got pregnant, As per Sonography it is of 6 weeks. As we have two children already. We don't want this. What is the safest way to remove it. Will medicine be enough.
Vitamin and trace element deficiencies
Fat soluble vitamins
Vitamin a (retinol)
• Found in dairy produce, eggs, fish oils, and liver.
• Deficiency causes night blindness, xerophthalmia, keratomalacia (corneal thickening) and follicular hyperkeratosis.
Vitamin d (cholecalciferol)
• Found in fish liver oils, dairy produce, and undergoes metabolism at the kidneys and the skin using uv light.
• Deficiency causes rickets (in children) and osteomalacia (in adults). Proximal muscle weakness may be evident.
Vitamin e (alpha-tocopherol)
• Widely distributed, green vegetables, and vegetable oils.
• Deficiency causes hemolytic anemia (premature infants) and gross ataxia.
Vitamin k (k 1 = phylloquinine k 2 = menaquinone)
• Widely distributed but particularly in green vegetables. Synthesized by intestinal bacteria.
• Deficiency causes coagulation defects seen as easy bruising and hemorrhage.
Water soluble vitamins
Vitamin b 1 (thiamine)
• Found in cereals, peas, beans, yeast, and whole-wheat fl our. It is an essential factor in carbohydrate metabolism and transketolation reactions.
• Deficiency causes dry beri-beri (sensory and motor peripheral neuropathy), wet beri-beri (high output cardiac failure and edema), wernicke–korsakoff syndrome.
Vitamin b 2 (ribofl avin)
• Found in whole-wheat flour, meat, fish, and dairy produce. It is a coenzyme in reversible electron carriage in oxidation–reduction reactions.
• Deficiency gives angular stomatitis (fissuring and inflammation at the corners of the mouth), inflamed oral mucous membranes, seborrhoeic dermatitis, and peripheral neuropatmhy. Drugs (e. G, isoniazid, hydralazine, penicillamine) and is also seen in alcoholism and pregnancy.
Vitamin b 12 (cyanocobalamin)
• Causes of a deficiency are numerous and include partial or total gastrectomy, crohn’s disease, ileal resection, jejunal diverticulae, blind loop syndrome, and tapeworm.
• Deficiency causes megaloblastic anemia, peripheral neuropathy, subacute combined degeneration of the spinal cord depression, psychosis, and opticatrophy.
Vitamin b 9 (folic acid)
• Deficiency can be caused by poor diet, malabsorption states, coeliac disease, crohn’s disease, gastrectomy, drugs (e. G, methotrexate, phenytoin), excessive utilization (E.G, leukemia, malignancy, inflammatory disease).
• Consequences of deficiency include megaloblastic anemia, and glossitis.
Vitamin c (ascorbic acid)
Deficiency causes scurvy (perifoillicular haemorrhage, bleeding swollen gums, spontaneous bruising, corkscrew hair, failure of wound healing), anemia, and osteoporosis. Trace elements Copper
• Deficiency results in hypochromic and microcytic anemia, wilson’s disease, impaired bone mineralization, menks’ kinky hair syndrome (growth failure, mental defi ciency, bone lesions, brittle hair, anemia).
• Usually caused by copper malabsorption.
Zinc deficiency causes achondromatosis enterpathica (infants develop growth retardation, hair loss, severe diarrhea, candida and bacterial infections), impaired wound healing, skin ulcers, alopecia, night blindness, confusion, apathy, and depression.
Magnesium severe deficiency can cause cardiac arrhythmias, paraesthesia and tetany. Iodine severe deficiency can cause cretinism (children), hypothyroidism, and goiter.
Vitamin b 3 (niacin)
• Found in fish, liver, nuts, and whole-wheat flour.
• Deficiency causes pellagra): dermatitis, diarrhea, dementia.
Vitamin b 6 (pyridoxine)
• Widespread distribution, also synthesized from tryptophan.
• Deficiency causes peripheral neuropathy, convulsions, and sideroblastic anemia. Deficiency may be provoked by a number of commonly used.
She has sex and she has some pain in the lower part of her stomach she sex with condom what should she do?
Hey I had ectopic 2 times my first ectopic was in sep-2015 (left tubal) my tube is safe now 2nd was right ovarian in may-2016 (ovary is also safe now) they said that I am having infection in my tube please help me And now I really want to get pregnant give me some other remedies for ectopic that it should not happen again thank u.
She was pregnant n was admitted at due date bt her baby died ystrdy. Only one day ago she showed to doctor n he said aftr checking her ultrasound dat baby is 2 fine bt suddenly wn she ws admitted doctor said that it cud nt do movement n ystrdy by normal it ws born 2 death. Will she become pregnant again? Wat ws da reason behind the death.
I just had some queries on my mind about sex. Actually I have had sex with my boyfriend for over ten times in our 11 months relationship and everytime we had it I had I pill as a contraceptive. I just want to know if its safe to use I pill once a month? and now if not having sex for a year will cause any health issue?
I am 19 years old. I have white discharge regularly. It's white and thick but doesn't smell. It really makes me feel uncomfortable. This discharge is happneing since 5 years. I had been neglecting it. But now a medicine friend of mine said it can be a serious problem and asked me to go and see gynaec. But I thought I consult here first. A week back I just got tested my urine it showed pus cells and yeast cells. My friend who is still studying medicine said it could be yeast infection though she isn't sure. Is it the indication of yeast infection? but I dont have any symptoms of uti. Please help me get rid of this daily white discharge. I am really shy to go to gynaec?
Hello Dr. I am 24 years old my periods irregular before 3-4 yrs, I consult with my Dr. And I use ginnet35 before 3-4 yrs. But the last years feb2015 to this time I use again ginnet35 without consult Dr. So I want ask u, this years my marry, so please tell me isse in future pregnancy me koi problem to ni hogi, agr esa hai to please tell me clear and sugest me what I do.
I got my periods on 15th aug they lasts upto 23rd aug. On 25th aug I had sex with my bf. It was not sex. Just foreplay. He inserted his penis for 1 min with out ejaculation. But then also I took an I pill. Today on 31st aug I noticed some brown discharge with cramps. Is it pregnancy? Please rply me fast.
Hello Doctor, I have a abscess on my labia minora. Its painful. Please suggest some good medicine. I have used T-Bact ointment. Its occurring again and again. Is there something to worry?
Hi, I feel my sex capacity is going down, earlier I can do two to three times in a day whereas now I am doing once in two to three days. I do not want to use drugs due to its side effects. Kindly suggest me.
What type of diet should be taken in second trimester of pregnancy. Can we take heavy fat diet. And what type of exercise require.
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.