Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Juhi SharmaYour feedback matters!
Vaginal bleeding is something that most women experience between their periods when they are not due for a menstrual cycle. It is considered as an abnormal occurrence when you bleed before you are expecting your menstrual period, or after you are done with your monthly cycle. It is usually characterised by bouts of spotting where a thick brown reddish discharge may be experienced. Also, this kind of bleeding is considered abnormal if it occurs during pregnancy or menopause.
Here are a few causes of abnormal vaginal bleeding:
- Hormones: An imbalance in the hormones like the estrogen and progesterone can lead to abnormal vaginal bleeding. These are the hormones that help in regulation of the monthly menstrual cycles. An imbalance can occur due to side effects caused by birth control pills that may not suit the individual, a contraceptive patch, or even contraceptive implants and injections. Further, an intrauterine device may also be the cause for this kind of bleeding. The hormonal balance can also get affected due to internal ailments like a dysfunctional thyroid gland and ovaries.
- Pregnancy and Delivery: Some amount of spotting is considered normal in the first trimester of one's pregnancy. Yet, severe bleeding and persistent spotting must be reported to the gynaecologist immediately. Women also bleed for a while after the delivery of the baby, in the postpartum period. This may also happen when an abortion takes place as the uterus may not have come back to its original size and due to remaining foetal tissues within. Complications during the pregnancy like an ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage can also lead to such kind of bleeding. An ectopic pregnancy is one where the egg gets implanted in the fallopian tube instead of entering and implanting itself in the uterus.
- Fibroids: Uterine fibroids are usually considered as non-malignant and non-cancerous growths within the uterus. These are common in many women who have gone through childbirth. These fibroids can also cause some amount of bleeding and spotting.
- Infections: When there is an infection in the reproductive organs like the ovaries and uterus of the patient, there may be some amount of bleeding. An infection in this area can also cause inflammation, which is one of the primary causes of abnormal bleeding. This can also occur due to a sexually transmitted disease or STD, as well as painful intercourse and sexual abuse which can lead to scarring as well.
- Cancer: One of the least common causes includes cervical, ovarian and other forms of cancer.
Stress and diabetes can also cause abnormal vaginal bleeding in rare cases. It is best to see a doctor as soon as such bleeding takes place.
Hi doc .what is the best period for sex if we are trying for baby. Bcs in this app only I found some doc saying after period 10 to 17, some doc saying 12 to 19 ,some doc saying 15 to 23. My wife period is regular of 30 days. Pls suggest. Thanks.
Hi I'm 31 year old female and I'm on birth control pills and I haven't had periods for a while can I still get pregnant and ovulate.
Hi. Doctor. I am 7 month pregnant. From last 1 week left side of vagina is swelling and feeling hard with a little pain. Can it normal or anything else. Pls give me the solution. Will it affect my pregnancy. Pls answer as soon as possible.
My frnd and her girlfriend had sex 1 week after her periods. He was using condom. But it got break and His sperm got inside her. After one hour they have taken an I pill. One week later she got bleeding. Bleeding was on 12th of last month. Her normal periods was on 30th of every month. But she did not get periods on 30th after this bleeding. But periods came on 5th of this month. That means 26 days after the I pill bleeding. It was a normal period for her. But now her stomach is feeling heavier. Which was not felt before. And on that day she ddnt had food because of that. Her periods was for 3 days. From 5th to 8th. Is there any chance of pregnancy for her. please help them in this regards.
Pregnant women can eat mushroom recipes ?If yes please tell me clearly. Coz I heard it is very heat producing vegetable content.
I am going through periods. I am suffering from mild Fever also. Can I take pain killer or paracetamol in any case.
My wife is 25 years old. She had her last period on 2nd February 2016. After one month she did not have her periods so we went for the pregnancy test and it was negative. So she started to take Pearl birth control pills (15) numbers and Norethisterone tablets (6) numbers but her period did not start. Than on 22nd April again done a pregnancy test and it is positive. Now she is 7 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Will the birth control pills harm our baby? What will be the side effects for the baby and my wife? Please do reply. The doc said it will not harm but we are confused. Please anyone consult me.
I have done sex with my girlfriend on 1st and 2nd June using condom. And from 1st to 7th is her period days every month. But after having sex she is not having period don't know why? please help.
I had unprotected sex on the first day of my menstruation, the next day it stopped coming and I waited for 5 days yet to result on the six day I did pregnancy text and it was negative. What should I do? What can I take to make it come.
When we have to do sex to avoid pregnancy with women. How many after periods we have to do sex to avoid pregnancy.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend two-day s ago. When do we supposed to carry pregnancy test. We are in worry. please help.
Sometimes, the joint that connects the big toe to the feet may develop an unnatural hump. This condition is known as bunions. Sometimes, it may so happen that the big toe move towards the other toes, pushing the base of the toe outward, leading to the development of bunions. There are ways, by which you treat bunions. Some of them are-
- Medication: Visiting a doctor is the most prudent step to take in case you are suffering from bunions. The inflammation and the swelling that accompany bunions can be initially treated by medicines and pain relievers.
- Heating pad: Heating pad generally treats and manages pain by applying heat on the affected areas. In the case of bunions, heating pad has emerged as an effective way to deal with bunions.
- Ice pack: Working on a principle, which is the very reverse of heating pad, ice packs uses refrigerant gel or cold water to treat injuries.
- Wearing the shoe of the right size: Bunions are generally the result of wearing ill-fitting shoes. Therefore, one of the easiest way to deal with it would probably be wearing the right size.
- Bunion pads: At the initial stages, a bunion can be treated by wearing a bunion pad. This will help to realign the toe that had deviated as well as reduce the ensuing pain.
- Foot exercises: Exercises have always proved to be an efficient way in dealing with various physical deformities, and a bunion is no different. Few foot exercises can work wonders in treating bunions.
- Surgery: This is used in the case of extreme situations. When the condition persists, then the intervention of a surgery becomes important to realign the affected toe.
Is it possible take pregnancy test before marriage, I doubt if I'm pregnant, because I have not been getting my period since 2 months, just to be on a safe side, can I go for a pregnancy test if so. What could be the procedure?
For healthy sex life hypertension must be in well controlled & for that regular medical check-up by qualified doctor is must. many patients don't take care for regular monitoring, once blood pressure is in good control. good healthy lifestyle is very very important.