Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Js Dua
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Js DuaYour feedback matters!
Eczema of the scalp, which results in itching, flaking, or crusting of the scalp, is called scalp peeling or is commonly referred to as “dandruff”. This condition causes increased shedding of normal scalp skin cells. Dandruff may also be caused by a fungal infection, other than just dehydration of the scalp.
The causes of an extremely dry scalp, thereby causing dandruff or even bigger flakes falling from the head onto shoulders and clothes, may be due to scalp psoriasis, eczema, poor nutrition, generalized dehydration, exposure to too much direct heat, and using too much of shampoo.
The three types of dandruff that need to be treated are those resulting from fungal growth, dry scalp and the one resulting from product build-up.
- Fungal growth: This kind of dandruff is a chronic condition, caused by increased oil content on the scalp or an off-balance pH of the scalp. It may also be due to poor cleansing habits, or even an allergic reaction to the hair products one uses. Try switching shampoos, conditioners, or styling products to sulfate-free formulas to cure this condition.
- Dry scalp: Sometimes, the skin of the scalp is literally so parched and dry that it is flaky and falls away like snakeskin. People with this kind of dandruff usually have drier hair and notice a tightness in their scalp. To treat dry-scalp dandruff, it is wise to indulge one’s hair with moisturizing and hydrating shampoos, cut down on or space out harsh chemical treatments like relaxers, permanents, or dyes, and take in more moisture from the inside - drink at least 8 eight-ounce glasses of water a day, and your skin (including your scalp) will show you results that you want. Eliminating sulfates from your shampoos or other hair care products will also help with dry scalp, since these ingredients help strip away natural oils. Brushing hair or massaging the scalp - either with bare fingertips or a few drops of oil - is another great treatment, since massage helps stimulate circulation and bring blood, nutrients, and oxygen to the scalp and hair.
- Product buildup: The most common type of dandruff is due to product buildup. This is what happens when people with otherwise healthy manes and scalps use too many styling products, such as layering gels, hair serum, hairspray, wrap lotions, scalp oils, heat-protecting serum, and so on. Dandruff caused by product buildup usually looks more like small clumps or balls of dirt. It may have a brownish color, since all those products attract and trap plenty of dirt and sweat. Product-buildup dandruff also tends to appear sporadically, only when hair is in need of a wash, whereas other types of dandruff show up more quickly and regularly.
To treat this kind of dandruff, one should wash hair more often or simply aim for using minimum chemical-rich hair products. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
My face is burned while using face wax. The day after tomorrow is my sisters marriage. How can I recover it by home remedies with in one day. Please suggest.
Hi. I am 18 years old, have really sensitive skin. From 2 years, I have spots on my legs. Light black, please suggest me the medicine or treatment.
I'm having skin problem from last 4 years. My nose become dark I mean black shade on left and right side and it spread over the eyes. I have used medicines as well but it is not reducing. Please suggest me the best medicine to clear it off.
Hi Respectable Dr. I am 25 years male. My face skin have lot of wrinkles and big pores. Skin looks roughly and dry. Please suggest me treatment and creams.
Hi I'm 26 years old. I suffered from huge hair fall. Is there any medicine to stop it and regrowth my hair? If yes then suggest me please. Thanks.
Have low vitamin D3, B12 and hemoglobin is at 11 so taking medicine. Have lost lot of hair in past 1 year and need to recover it with growth. However noted only few new hair only and have ordered regain ayurvedic medicine of nutralyfe so kindly confirm that company and product is genuine or not? Also suggest products or home made tips to improve hair growth. My age is 40 n lot of white hairs too. Lot of dryness, dullness n freezeness n looks like dead hair so how do I add life to it pls. Suggest.
Acne Vulgaris, or more commonly known as acne or Pimples, is a skin condition that develops when the hair follicles get clogged with excess oil (sebum) and dead skin cells.
Types of Acne:
1. Black or white pimples; these blackheads and whiteheads are called comedones. Blackheads are surfaced on the skin while the whiteheads form just below the surface of the skin. Besides these two heads, inflammatory lesions may also give rise to scarring.
2. Papules are raised and small red bumps that may be caused due to infected or inflamed hair follicles
3. Pustules are red pimples, with pus on their tips
4. Nodules appear just below your skin surface and are usually painful
5. Cysts are larger lumps that contain pus
The main cause of acne is the blockage of hair follicles, which are made of hair and the sebaceous gland. When these tiny hair follicles plug themselves with excess sebum and dead skin cells, it results in acne. Your skin is rendered soft and lubricated by the sebum. This lubrication process may be hindered for any of the following reasons:
1. Excess production of oil by the hair follicles
2. Accumulation of dead skin cells
3. Bacteria buildup in the pores
Reasons behind Pimples
1. Hormonal changes during puberty or pregnancy
2. Side effects of certain medications such as birth control pills or steroids
3. Pimples can be hereditary as well
4. Consumption of foods laden with refined sugar, simple carbs and Deep fried and oily items.
5. Dandruff also can cause acne / pimples, more so on the forehead and back
The following are the home remedies that can be used to treat this condition:
1. Remove excess oil and dirt by cleaning the skin with a mild soap
2. Shampoo your hair on a regular basis
3. Use water-based cosmetics
4. Avoid squeezing pimples which otherwise would spread the excess oil and bacteria
5. Avoid the use of tight headbands or hats
1. Acne gels and creams containing Benzoyl Peroxide dry out the existing pimples, prevent the formation of new ones and kill bacteria that cause acne.
2. Sulfur, one of the major ingredients of lotions, masks and cleansers, is one of the best medications for acne.
3. Resorcinol removes the dead cells.
4. Salicylic acid, contained in soaps, prevents blockage of pores.