Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jotshana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JotshanaYour feedback matters!
Laparoscopic surgery is also called minimally invasive surgery. It leads to a lesser amount of pain after the surgery, and therefore requires less medication also. It reduces the possibility of hemorrhage, thereby lowering the possibility of requiring blood transfusion. The smaller length and depth of the incision also means that the patient recovers from the surgery faster than usual. There is also a lesser chance of contracting infections because a larger number of organs remain unexposed. Laparoscopic surgeries also cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of Laparoscopic surgery.
- Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence, it is essential to maintain cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the medical staff concerned. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.
- Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day-to-day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a Laparoscopic surgery.
- Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a Laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be embolized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
- Anesthesia-related complications: To prevent anesthesia-related complications during Laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, anti-emetics are followed in the pre-operative state.
- Injury inflicted: Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract must be avoided. Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible.
Hi. My daughter is 2 months old now. And I'm breastfeeding. Is there a chances of getting pregnant while breastfeeding. How should I induce periods? Please suggest.
I have pcod problem. Without medicine the periods could not come. What can I do for coming regular periods without medicine.
Hi. I am in my second trimester of pregnancy. During my early pregnancy I have prescribed THYROXINE 50 and till now i am taking this medicine. And I need to know whether this medicine has any side effect to my baby?
Dipping your nails into lukewarm mustard oil daily for 8-10 minutes will make them strong and healthy.
Hello Dr. my pregnancy is 17 weeks 6 days. Dr. mujay din Kay time after lunch jb Mae saas laeti hu to naafe pr kichav sa hota h. Is it normal Dr. Please suggest me.
Nightfall or wet dreams is a very common occurrence in men, in adolescents. This condition is characterized by the involuntary ejaculation of semen while sleeping at night or in the early hours of the morning. The problem can sometimes become frustrating for young men because they fail to understand the reason for it and cannot discuss it with their parents or peers out of embarrassment. The frequency of these nocturnal ejaculations may vary from person to person. Some people only experience it in their adolescent years and some people experience it throughout their lives.
Frequent night falls can result in laziness, lesser sensation in the genital regions, burning sensation after urination and low libido.
What are the causes?
Night falls are common at a young age when a man abstains from sex. But if they persist and become more frequent, they can create adverse effects on the body.
The major causes are stated below,
- Weak nerves, congested prostate gland and inability to control emotions are considered as primary causes of frequent nightfall
- Males having sex or performing self-stimulation frequently can become prone to night fall
- Side effects of medicines like tranquilizers, high blood pressure medicines, sedatives etc. can also increase the frequency of night falls
- Lethargic lifestyle, diabetes, obesity, long sitting hours, low libido, stress, anxiety and depression affect the balance of hormones, weakening the nerves and causing nightfall
How can it be controlled?
- Exercises and jogging keep the body fit and taking a bath before sleeping relax the mind and aids in sleeping, therefore reducing the possibility of nightfall
- Urination right before going to bed can help in preventing nightfall
- Having yogurt twice or thrice a day can reduce the chances of getting wet dreams
- Refraining from watching porn or sexually explicit visuals before going to bed will keep nightfall at bay
- Reading books before going to sleep can reduce the possibility of getting wet dreams. However, a book dealing with sensuous themes can make it worse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.