Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JotiYour feedback matters!
Does Aldactone 50 pass into breast milk? My baby is 1 year 3 month & breastfeed 4 times. Can I take that medicine? I have pcos & took it before pregnancy. If it is not safe in breastfeeding which one will I take in alternate?
Hello doctor, Am 8 months pregnant. Its my 2nd marriage. I don?t have family support. Am consider as 2nd wife. My husband was take care of well. Suddenly he got mind diversion with his old college girl friend. I had advised him very calmly. But he didn?t listen. Now he is taking advantage and saying its my life, I can live as my wish. I felt too much of stress. After few months, his girl friend had fight with him. She left him permanent. They just spoke and chat over mobile. Because she is living in abroad with her family. She realized situation and she left him suddenly. But my husband felt that, he will not get anything until he stay with me. He feel negativity towards me. He become too depressed person. Oneday he told, his mother ask him to go Sabari malai. So he told me, ? I want to go sabari malai. Also I need to be separate for sometime?. He took work from home for 3 months. Before leaving from here he told, ? I need some peace. I need change. I want to go to my friend home and I ll get back here after 2 days?. I said ok to him. Because I can sense his depressive mind state. So I agreed. 2 days left I called him regard his return date. He didn?t respond proper. After 5 days again I called he scolded me. He ask me to focus my career and pregnancy. When he was good with me he didn?t even allow me to walk little distance. He used to feed me food daily. But when this girl enter his full mind get diverted and changed. Now he could?t recover from her memories. Because of that, he is not realizing my position. Am now alone. He is saying he is having some other family problem. He can not b with me. Go to years parents place. Am trying to make him no family ll entertain all these. But he is not listening anything. Doctor am so scared of night. I could?t sleep proper. Am missing him. Now he is in native. I seriously don?t know he ll come or not. doctor can you please clarify regard his mind state? Will he come back to me for my delivery? Once he see his baby means he will not go away from me. Please help me to handle him. I need your good suggestion to make him understand my position.
My serum prolactin level is high .is it very big problem for me? And wht is the treatment to improve it? Can it cause any problem in my pregnancy aftr 1 or 2 years what should I do to maintain this problem.
My wife is 3 months pregnant now. Is it safe to have intercourse now? if yes, then how deep can I insert? would it not harm the baby?
I'm 19 year old. I have first time sex on 25-2-2016. I worried about pregnancy. How can I prevent became pregnant. What precautions can I use.
Hello doc, from last 7 months I am trying to conceive bt could not. Reports are ok of mine and husband. But nothing happening. Married for 2 and half yrs. My periods are also regular. Bt wat I am marking is from last some months I feel uneasy and pain in back and stomach much before my period starts. Around 10 days before. This month my period is due at 14th. But from last three days I am feeling uneasy. My upper part of stomach specially last portion wer chest finishes and upper part of stomach starts, in the middle part, is aching. If someone presses lightly there I feel good. This time pain has increased. Pain during periods is normal to me. But much before periods is only giving frustration tats too am noticing after mrg .wat may be the cause. Periods or gas I do not understand. But pain feel is same. Why also not conceiving tat is another strain. Pls help.
Given that detox diets won't rid the body of impurities or lead to real weight loss, are there any benefits of using them? The only thing one can say positively is that:
A detox diet may encourage you to eat more nutritious foods. Some detox diets recommend nutrient-rich foods like:
- green tea
- fruit juices
- colorful fruits and vegetables
All of these could, in part, increase your intake of certain nutrients. Some of which might help the body deal with incoming toxins or offer other health benefits.However, a three day detox diet won't move the dial on toxicity (or health) anywhere near as much as maintaining a healthy lifestyle the other 362 days of the year.
Disadvantages of detox diets: For most people, the disadvantages of a detox diet are much more numerous than the potential benefit.
Detox diets are often inconvenient: Any diet will take some effort to organize, and detox diets are no exception. Ironically, you'll probably never put as much work into eating less as you do into a detox. People with limited time, money, and resources won't enjoy juicing seven kgs of veggies and fruits each day. Especially if they're feeling weak, listless, or dizzy, some of the most frequently reported side effects of juice cleanses.
Detox diets are often too low in energy:
Most juice diets are extremely low in calories. In fact, some people argue that juicing is just a way to starve and feel good about it. With the low energy intake you'll often notice other things slowing down, you may feel colder, or sluggish, or notice digestion taking a while.
Detox diets may cause blood sugar swings that is cleansing built on fruit juices can cause major swings in blood sugar, making them downright dangerous for people with diabetes, and potentially risky for many others.
Detox diets can be tough on your GI tract: The fruit juices used for many detox diets contain very little fiber. Fiber is a cleanser. It's like a street sweeper for the GI tract; it slows down digestion and aids absorption of nutrients.
There is no credible information saying that the GI tract does better when it doesn't get solid foods (unless the GI tract is damaged). Instead, the gut does well with probiotics, glutamine from protein rich foods, and fiber. You'll struggle to get all of these on a cleanse.
Detox diets are often low in essential fats.
While some less extreme detox diets allow things like nuts and seeds, hard core cleanses typically eliminate most fat-containing foods, even healthy fats. Extreme variations in fat intake i.e. swinging from high (pre-cleanse) to low (cleanse) to high (post-cleanse celebration) to low (back on the cleanse train again) can cause trouble for organs that process dietary fats, like the gallbladder.
Detox diets may cause electrolyte imbalances: Many cleanses involve drinking a lot of liquid (such as water, herbal teas, and/or juices) while removing many foods that contain salts. Some "detox diets" also suggest using diuretic supplements. This can cause potentially dangerous imbalances in your electrolytes, charged chemicals found in fluids throughout your body. The imbalance is even more likely if overhydration is combined with low energy intake.
In fact, there's a name for this phenomenon, well known to health care providers who deal with extreme anorexia, malnutrition, or any medical condition with severely restricted food intake that is refeeding syndrome.
To keep operations running when nutrients and energy are low and electrolytes are disrupted, the body may adjust its metabolic environment (for instance, it may deplete cells of minerals to keep blood levels of those minerals stable).
Not only can this affect health during the detox diet, it can cause potentially cause serious problems when a person on a detox diet (especially a longer-lasting one) starts eating normally again.
Detox diets can create a cycle of restrictive eating and deprivation:
Detox diets, the entire concept of "cleansing", in fact can enable feast-or-famine style eating patterns:
- The detox diet starts tomorrow, so I'll eat a bunch of "toxic" foods tonight.
- On the detox diet now. Not allowed any stuff I enjoy.
- The detox diet ends tomorrow, so I'll get set to eat all those "toxic" foods I missed! And so on.
Recognize that thought pattern? It's the classic dieter mentality. On the wagon, off the wagon, on the wagon, off the wagon. It's always more harmful than helpful. When you think and eat this way:
- You never learn to find the sane middle ground.
- You never learn to prepare real food and real meals that are both nutritious and delicious.
- You're always in "all-or-nothing" mode. (Usually getting "nothing", because "all" is really, really hard.)
Worst of all is you never feel truly happy with any of your choices.
Fortunately, the body "cleanses" itself, if we can't ever avoid toxins, doesn't it then make sense to do some sort of detox? Not really. That's because our bodies have very robust detoxification systems. Our major organs of detoxification include are:
- Digestive tract;
- Lymphatic system;
- Respiratory system;
These systems break down chemicals (toxic or otherwise) into other form, which we can eliminate via the toilet, sweat, or breathing. And the body seems to do a pretty good job of this when placed in a balanced (i.e. healthy) environment.
Take Home Message:
The idea that you can speed up and improve your body's detox pathways by drinking detox water is nonsense. That said, it is still a healthy drink with a few health benefits. Nevertheless, you could probably get most of these benefits from drinking regular water. However, people often find plain water boring. If infusing your water with fruits and vegetables means that you drink more water and less sugary drinks, then it can only be a good thing.
Related Tip: "The 4 Essential Constituents of A Detox Diet"
Dear experts, It's successful pregnancy thru IVF, frozen embryo transfer took place on 16th July 16. As per latest sonography report, baby is having weight 2.8 kg, AFI 8.9 cms, running 37 weeks Gynic is suggesting to go for C-section delivery instead of normal because of IVF investment. Let me know when critical factors like baby weight, afi level, still cervix opening haven't took place, fetal movements are okay, heart beat is good. Shud we wait for normal delivery (3 weeks to go) or go for C-section delivery within next one week (her conclusion was as per previous sonography of last week baby didn't gain weight and afi level seems to be low for normal delivery) 1.What wud be ideal date to go for C-section delivery if you are suggesting so? 2.any chance for normal delivery with these scenario?
My wife periods started yesterday 31 may and it's paining in her stomach and legs too much so what to do? Pain is in unbearable condition.
I am a unmarried girl. I Have to go vaishno Devi on coming Monday and I am afraid of my periods because there is chances of having my dates today kr tomorrow. So please suggest me a medicine that can postpone my date for 1 week.
Am 25 years old. Had two pregnancy loss. My aptt with lupus sensitive observed value-41.8.Why it happen? Is it normal? Dr. suggest me to put heparin daily after positive pregnancy.
I hav a pcos problem due to which I usually get very angry and lose my temper what do I do also I face alot of hairfall! Along with a lot of dandruff! Please suggest me something to avoid all this!
I have pcod last 6 months back after using NW my scan shows no pcod nd I had miscarriage in Feb 2017 then my periods are regular two months. Thz month my period is early one day by lightly bleeding nd there is any chance of getting pregnancy ?or there is any chances of coming again pcod thats y I'm bleeding lightly? Hw can I get pregnant nd I'm using folic acid tablets please suggest me.
Imagine yourself in a situation; your son will reach his puberty in next couple of years and you want him to reach this critical age with complete understanding of how a man and woman’s body works. This is not an imagination, but most of us either have already faced this situation or will going to face it in future.
Shivani Misri Sadhoo, an eminent psychologist in Delhi, today’s shares her tips on how to talk to your son about periods.
First you should start a direct conversation with your son; don’t run in circles, tell him about periods and patiently answer all his questions. Be as straightforward as you can. You can start your conversation like:
1. In your school you have seen older boys, their voices sound heavy like your father’s. This happens because when boys grow up they pass through a phase where lot of physical changes take place, both inside and outside of the body. This phase is called puberty.
2. During puberty a boy’s voice change, hair grows in his facial and genital region. Just like that, when girls hit their puberty they start menstruating.
3. Just like birds, mammals including humans come from an egg which is inside a girl’s body. The egg develops inside a girl every month though she doesn’t necessarily get pregnant every month. When the girl doesn’t get pregnant, the egg passes out of her body with some blood.
4. When a girl menstruates, her body sheds the lining of the uterus along with an unfertilised egg and it flows from the uterus to the cervix and out of her body through the vaginal opening. This whole process is called menstruation or periods.
5. A girl bleeds every month for around four or more days depending on her menstrual cycle. Yes, your mother goes through it too till a certain age.
6. For hygiene girls use sanitary pads, which absorb the blood. Hence, the pad is placed near the cervix covering the vaginal area.
7. During periods, some women might feel discomfort or pain in the lower abdomen area; others may feel a slight discomfort.
8. It is not something to be embarrassed by or something you should make fun of. It is very normal. It is a sign of a girl being healthy. Not getting periods on time is very unhealthy, and might prove to be a big medical problem.
For last two months I didn't get my periods and after 13 more days it will be 3 months. Am I having PCOS? because my weight also keep on increasing as I see myself. please suggest some ways.
6 handy tips to manage repeated vaginal infections
Vaginal infections occur when the walls of the vagina get inflamed. This can be caused by several factors such as bacteria, viruses, yeast, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), chemicals and clothing. The standard medical term for it is vaginitis and it bothers most women at some point in their lives.
Maintaining vaginal and overall genital health is very important in preventing and dealing with infections that affect the affect the area, especially those which are persistent or recurrent.
Some tips to manage repeated vaginal infections are as follows:
1. Maintaining personal hygiene. The most important aspect of maintaining vaginal health is keeping the pubic region cleansed and hydrated. Poor hygiene and dryness make it more prone to recurring infection.
2. Using the right products. Harsh chemical soaps and sprays may cause irritation to the vagina and make it susceptible to inflammation due to infection.
3. Wearing skin-friendly clothing. Certain types and materials of clothing have a harmful impact on the delicate skin of the genital area which puts the vagina at the risk of contracting infections. These include nylon underwear, tight jeans and trousers, pantyhose with no cotton lining, etc. Wearing soft cotton underwear and linen bottoms are the best ways to prevent vaginal infection and inflammation.
4. Using protection during sex. Protected sexual intercourse prevents the spread of STDs which cause vaginal infection. Hence, it is always advisable to use a condom while having sex.
5. Urinating after sex. Always urinating after sex reduces the chances of catching a vaginal infection.
6. Getting regular health checkups. The most efficient way of managing vaginal infections is by getting the vagina checked up by your gynaecologist as regularly as possible so as to prevent further complications and ensure early detection of infections or diseases.
These are some of the simple and effective ways of handling vaginal infections. Most cases are not very serious and can be easily treated and managed.
Hello I am 21 years of age 3 days after my last period I had unprotected sex and my partner ejaculated in me. 3 weeks later I took a pregnancy test it said negative at first then the next morning I looked at it it had a fainted positive line I have been urinating often which is followed by abdominal cramps butt yesterday I saw my period which is accompanied buy abdominal cramps but prior to my period a week before I was feeling cramps can you please help me and tell me what is wrong or if I'm pregnant.
Ayurveda, the traditional way of healing is known to be a crucial and effectual therapy for a lot of ailments. Since the primitive ages, mankind has been approaching Ayurveda for remedial purposes and in most instances have reaped fruitful results. Ayurveda seeks to heal diseases using natural herbs that are said to resonate well with the four elemental constituents of beings, i.e air, water, earth and fire. Ayurveda uses myriad herbs and natural ingredients in a unique proportion to impart physical as well as spiritual wellness. One of the most common and yet fairly formidable disease plaguing modern lives is diabetes, induced by imbalance in the blood sugar levels in the human body.
Ayurveda recommends the use of a few select herbs to control and alleviate the blood sugar imbalance.
- Gymnema Leaf: Indigenously called gurmar, Gymnema leaves regulate the insulin level in our body. It not only prevents absorption of sugar in the intestine, but also stimulates cell growth in the pancreas. As a consequence, the insulin levels in the body is maintained and the blood sugar problems get neutralized.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is replete with polyphenols that trigger off a healthy count of insulin secretion. Cinnamon has other beneficial properties as well. Whether consumed as tea or sprinkled on food as a flavor, Cinnamon can be instrumental in combatting blood sugar imbalance.
- Fenugreek seeds: A common find in most Indian kitchens, Fenugreek seeds are well known for their health advantages. Its pungent sweet flavor adds to the taste of many dishes. But most importantly, fenugreek seeds extensively keep the blood sugar level in control.
- Basil Leaf: Basil leaves are one of the most commonly used natural remedies for a wide range of diseases. The basil extracts are used in various food items and are extremely effective in curbing the excessive presence of blood sugar in the body. In general as well, basil leaves regulate the metabolism to a large extent.
- Coccinia Indica: This herb protects the vital organs from any damage caused due to diabetes. It stabilizes the breakdown of starch in the body.
- Azadirachta Indica: Common known as Neem, this herb is perhaps an indomitable medicine for increasing glucose tolerance. Neem is also used in allopathic medication on account of its various healing qualities.