Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jaspreet OberoiYour feedback matters!
When you think of what strikes you first about anybody, majority of people would say the smile. There is nothing more endearing than a warm, friendly smile. When you think more about it, the smile has a huge emotional component to it. This is in addition to the esthetic and artistic value that a smile carries. There are some people who are renowned for their smiles, which is said to be so bright, which led to the term '1000-watt smile', good enough to light up a big room!
Dentistry has evolved over the last few decades to play a major role in a person's appearance. From the shape and size of the teeth to the contour of the jaws and lips to the angle of the smile, there is something dentists can help with. There are specific proportions that are believed to produce a perfect smile, width of the eyes, distance between the eyes, width of the mouth, etc. With more and people realizing that their smiles can be improved, the demand for these is also increasing.
The new development in improving smile is the Digital Smile Design (DSD) that was developed by a ceramician (technician involved in making ceramic crowns) in Brazil in 2007, Mr. Christian Coachman. This basically involves taking a series of digital photographs and videos of the patient. These are then transferred to the computer and analyzed for the various proportions mentioned above. These images are then manipulated to achieve the correct proportions and reproduce a smile with the correct dimensions. To be doubly sure, these images are also shared with a larger group of dentists and then approval sought.
Detailed discussions are held with the patient on how this will reflect once the change is done. Once changes suggested by the dentist are accepted by the patient and incorporated, then the patient's smile is reconstructed using the calculated analysis and post that the smile correction is done. A successful digital smile design is a great example of teamwork as multidisciplinary teams from dentistry are involved.
The result is an enhanced smile that improves the patient's perception of beauty and also improves their confidence levels and feelings of self-worth and self-esteem. It is to be noted that what a person wants to express with his smile can be taken into account when designing a smile.
The major advantage of DSD is that there is no need for any special equipment and the digital equipment that is part of most dental setups is sufficient to design a smile. Smile designing is only poised to grow more popular in the coming years, with the greater focus on appearance and beauty.
I have problems of teeth and gums. If I eat the food then food inserted inside the teeth and create pain and gums pain feeling too bad. please have a look to give Mr. directions what should I do?
- visit to a dentist for professional cleaning once in a year
- use a soft toothbrush -- and brush properly! brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day and after meals. Hard brushing can further damage the soft tissues of your mouth.
- floss at least once a day and be sure to floss beyond the gum line to remove more plaque.
- control bleeding by applying pressure to the area with a cold compress.
- rinse with salt water to keep the area clean.
- avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol, which can dry out your mouth.
- stay away from smoking and other tobacco products, which can aggravate bleeding gums.
Hey. Sir/mam I always have a mouth ulcer but it goes after 2 or 3 days but it comes in a month or 2 I guess but it is der and goes. What should I do it does not pain anymore but irritates me more than pain pls advice me for. Is it infection or will cure by any medicine or injection Thank you so much.
I have pain in my jawline and its swelling by time by time. Is it normal or I have to consult with the doctor because of this pain my full body is getting tired. And it's like fever please please suggest me what should I do?
Bad breath is a condition that is also known as Halitosis in medical terms. It is mostly caused by the sulphur producing bacteria that lurk around beneath the surface of the tongue. This is what produces the foul odour. These bacteria grow with the help of protein that gets deposited in your mouth, and may develop even faster when there is poor oral hygiene at play. The causes of this protein deposit may include food debris, bleeding, mucus blood, infection and disease in the gums or oral tissues.
So how can you naturally combat this bad breath problem? Read on!
- Oral Care Products: Your very first step should be to change your oral hygiene products like toothpastes and mouthwashes in order to bring in products that are specifically used for fighting bad breath and the related causes or problems. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, or even after every meal is an absolute necessity that one must not compromise on.
- Fibre Rich Food: It is important to have plenty of fibre rich food as this helps in preventing bad breath or Halitosis since the fibre content is known to flush toxins out effectively.
- Junk and Processed Food: Food that has too much of sugar or artificial sweeteners and food that is packaged and processed with artificial flavourings and emulsifiers, can be bad for the digestive system in general. This kind of food also tends to create bad breath and should be avoided in case you are already suffering from this condition.
- Medication: it may come as a surprise to you that there are certain medicines like antidepressants and diuretics that can lead to side effects like drying of the mouth, which in turn can cause a problem of bad breath. So, it would be recommended to steer clear of this kind of medication for a while until the bad breath problem abates.
- Tea: Drinking green and black tea can be beneficial for people suffering from this condition as both these types of tea happen to contain substances known as polyphenols that can help in fighting oral bacteria and sulphur compounds. Apart from this, one must also drink plenty of water in order to keep the mouth fresh and to help the digestion work in a better.
- Dentures and Braces: If you happen to be wearing dentures and braces, then you may want to clean these regularly and maintain good oral hygiene so that you do not suffer from bad breath.
Bad breath can be a confidence killer and one should get it checked in case it is a persistent and prolonged problem.