Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Jk PandeyYour feedback matters!
What is ectopic pregnancy?
Ectopic pregnancy is also known as tubal pregnancy, is a complication wherein, the fertilised eggs attach themselves outside the uterus. In most cases, it causes severe internal bleeding and serious infections. It is a very serious condition that warrants prompt medical attention as soon as it is diagnosed. Mostly, in this type of pregnancy, the fertilised egg attaches itself to the fallopian tube inside the body; the reason why it is known as tubal pregnancy. In rare cases, the egg might attach itself to the cervix, ovary or parts of the abdomen.
Symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Salpingitis (inflammation and infection of one’s fallopian tubes)
- Rupture of the corpus luteum cyst (a kind of ovarian cyst)
- Urinary tract infection
- Severe abdominal pain
- Excessive vaginal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Peritonitis (inflammation of the membrane that lines the abdomen cavity)
- Rupture in the fallopian tubes which can lead to fainting and excessive pain
- Pain on one side of the body
Treatment for ectopic pregnancy
This complication in pregnancy can be diagnosed by an ultrasound as the doctor sees the growth on the fallopian tube. A pregnancy test or a pelvic exam also helps in detecting ectopic pregnancy. If not treated on time, ectopic pregnancy can prove to be fatal.
Listed below are a few treatment options for ectopic pregnancy:
- A particular medication known as methotrexate is used to end an ectopic pregnancy.
- In some cases, one might need surgery to get rid of the pregnancy. In certain complicated cases, it might be necessary to remove the tube with the foetus. This kind of surgery which removes the foetus and the tube is calling salpingectomy. The surgeon usually makes a small incision near the navel and removes the tube using a laparoscope.
- Having an abortion due to this complication can be heartbreaking and emotionally distressing for the mother as it is just like an abortion where the entire tissue is removed from your fallopian tube. To get over the trauma of losing a baby, you could join pregnancy loss groups or avail help from a therapist.
My wife is 21 week pregnant and gone with cervical stitches at 13 week, now in test it sugar level shows 160 fasting, what will I do. There are 40-50 pus cells also reported in urine and traces of sugar.
Sir when we do sex between the menstrual period there is a chance of pregnancy in that case? Should do in that period?
Hello sir, Me and my wife did many times intercourse but we are failing to make her pregnant. What should I do?
I am 23 year old female. I want to ask regarding my menstrual cycle. My previous cycle was of 35 days. I had my menses on 14th of june. On the 8th of july I had sex. The condom leaked. My vagina was very dry and it was the 25th day of my cycle. Now its 36th day I haven't got my periods. I am experiencing light brown colored discharge from vagina. Its a bit watery. Its 12 days since I had sex. Also it was my first time. Am I pregnant. Please help. I am under a lot of stress.
I had some semen in my mouth and licked my wife's wet inner near her vagina will this cause pregnancy?
To lead a healthy and happy life, your immune system has to be strong. Our daily habits and lifestyle mores tend to ruin it. Our diet, eating habits and behavior should be such that we can easily accept change whether it is related to eating, drinking or climatic conditions. Most of the time, we fall sick because of our weakened immunity.
Let’s see what helps us build a strong immune system and what goes against us.
1. Do not take Stress
2. Do not make yourself extra busy
3. Do not take excessive Antibiotics
4. Do not Smoke and drink
5. Don’t be submissive, share your feelings with friends
6. Don’t be a negative thinker
7. Do not be habitual of canned foods
8. Do not take excess sugar
9. Avoid regular intake of warm water
10. Do not use insecticides regularly
1. Exercise regularly
2. Proper Sleep of at least 7-8 hours
3. Stay away from pollution
4. Drink plenty of water
5. Take only as many medicines as you really need
6. Keep your hands clean all the time
7. Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating
8. Prefer eating homemade food
9. Always drink purified water
10. Keep your surroundings very clean and organised.
My mother is getting involved in external affairs after marriage at the age of 40 years. I saw her watching porn and she is also active on dating websites. She is meeting various people opposite gender. She also has a physical relationship with a person who is around 35 years. She also attempted suicide for two times in the past. Please tell me whether it is any psychological disorder or any other issue. Please help me.
I am not getting my periods & its been 12 days late. What should I do? Should I wait or consult my doctor for medicine purpose!
Hi Doctor Meri wife ki Delivery date 3/01/17 hai per Dr. Kal admit karne ko bol rhe hai fluid ki kami bta rhe hai kya kare please advise me.
I am 24 years old I am trying to become pregnant. My marriage is on nov 2013. This month I had a viginal discharge more than naturally that we having before mensuration. Is it a symptom of pregnancy or any infection?
I had sex with my bf few days ago. N due to some problem I am feeling some symptoms of urinary tract infection. As I feel like peeing again and again n there is burning sensation in my vagina. Also after peeing too I feel like peeing more. And it is tickling too dat too for many hours. N it z very irritating. Kindly revert with some solution.
I got my periods on 17 feb planning for a baby then went through follicular study my last study was on 3 march was my last follicular study and doc said sonography is very gud as follicle has ruptured n you should meet fr at least 3 days can you please tell how much chances for conception is there as my past pregnancy was not good as I went through a miscrg.
I have a dark bubble like cyst in my left ovary around 5cm. I am 6 weeks pregnant. Is it possible for me to take the abortion pills?
"Don't get wacko stop tobacco"
Say no to tobacco n tobacco products. It is harmful for your oral n general health and may even lead to life threatening cancer.