Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Jitendra VermaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old male. Many hairs on my scalp have been lost and mid portion of scalp seems almost bald. Also my remaining hairs have become very thin Kindly suggest what should i?
I am 25 years old. I suffered from mouth ulcer and heat in stomach, what can I do for these problems?
I am 55 years Male single, suffering from CKD, High BP, and overweight - due to spine operated in 2009 as tuberculosis, My Creatinine is very 3.1 and have swelling in left leg. My weight is 145 kg want to reduce weight also can you recommend effective an long lasting medication.
I am 19 years old male I am gaining weight what diet should I follow to loss weight and my height is 5.4 I need to increase my height too?
Hello Dr. I am 27 years old last night I got married and I did first night with my wife and did it 6 times and now my wife is feeling pain in her vagina. Will you tell me what happened to her.
I want my charming look back. I am getting away from Enjoyment bcoz of depression. I lost my charmless.
I am 35 year Old Man. I am fat, Height - 5'11" and weight - 105 Kg, so I want less my weight. Kindly give me advice.
Homeopaths Only: Does the homeopathy medicine Phytolacca Berry really help in weight loss? What, apart from generic suggestions such as exercising and restricted use of sugar, would you suggest along with this tablets? Kindly provide a customized reply as I am looking for some serious consultation and treatment later on.
I am taking homeopathic medicine. What I should and shouldn't eat during this course? Is having amla OK?
Hello doctor help me I have high fever its almost kill me, please doctor help me and what should I do?
I am 27 years old, looking best medicine for loose weight up to 25 kg, my current weight is 83 kg. Please suggest.
Sir, My lucky is 18 but his height is only 4'2. His height not increase. He took medicines also but no. effect Can you suggest me how can he increase. His height.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.