Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Jitendra BajajYour feedback matters!
I want a diet plan for improving fitness by getting stronger muscles and stronger bones any suggestions?
I have a bone joints pain while climbing the steps and severe pain during walking how to reduce such pain.
When pain management doesn't help, what are other alternatives for back pain due to bulged discs and arthritis?
My son 3 years old & its was injured in left hand knee so what can I do please help me some medicines.
Sir, my mom she had a blood test a month ago and after which she is facing swollen and etching of elbow side where blood test is done. And swollen is increasing in size.
I am 35 year female, I have my toe paining a lot suggest me what is the best can be done to get ride of the pain.
My head and neck pains too much ,but the pain is in only half portion, at the right side of the body. It's occurs on random days. It starts from early morning as soon as I wake up, and is till the evening. My age is 17 years, I am wearing spectacles (for myopia) and I wake up early at 6-7 AM. I am not doing any exercise and I go to sleep at 11-12 PM. Can you please suggest me the remedies.
My wife is 67 year old and slim. She is complaining pain in the right forearm for the last six months. Taken medicines from three top doctors but not cured.Carried several blood test. Test repots are satisfactory. Vitamin D report also good. What can be the reason ?
Osteoarthritis: Complications and risk factors
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. It affects millions of people around the world and is caused due to the gradual wear and tear of the protective cartilage at the end of your bones. The condition most commonly affects the joints in the hands, knees, hips and spine although it can damage any joint in the body.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis develop slowly and get worse with time, and include pain during and after physical activities like movement. The joints may become tender and may pain even with the application of light pressure. Stiffness and loss of flexibility are some of the other symptoms. The loss of cartilage due to gradual wear and tear causes the condition. It causes the smooth surface of the cartilage to become rough, giving rise to friction.
Some of the risk factors involved that can increase your chances of developing the condition are:
- Old age - The chance of osteoarthritis increases with a person's age.
- Sex - A study concluded that women are more likely to develop the condition. Although there isn't an established reason, lesser physical activity is attributed as a possible cause.
- Obesity - Having excessive body weight can be a contributing factor. This is because it puts added pressure on the weight-bearing joints, such as the hips and the knees.
- Joint injuries - Joint injuries contracted due to sports activities, accidents or other such factors can increase the likelihood of this condition.
- Genetics - In some of the cases, the condition is observed to be passed from generation to generation.
- Bone deformities - Some people who are born with bone deformities and defects can have greater chances of having this condition.
- Other diseases - Having diseases like diabetes and gout can increase the risk of the condition.
Some of the complications of this disease are:
- Joint pain and stiffness may cause hurdles in daily activities. Daily activities like changing clothes can be painful.
- Some people are unable to work any longer. Joint replacement surgeries are advised by doctors in these cases.