Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JitenderYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor .what is the difference between normal vaccination vs painless vaccination for babies? .how could a vaccination be painless?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
Hello doctors. Practine jo syrup hai kya vo 4 years ke baby ku dose daisaktai hain kya becouse my child sleeping nahi karti uski age 4 year runnig hai moring 9: 30 ku othti hai night ku one o clock ku soti hai doctor please help me aur growth b kam hai 10 kg ki hai meri beby.
My son was doing white clay color potty from past 3 days and had gone to the doctor and has told to take usg abdomen, lft, cbc as he suspects liver haemangioma because he has haemangioma in half of his face. Physically he checked and wrote as enlarged spleen and liver is this a major issue. Kindly help as its very tensed.
Sir, I have twin (Boy & Girl) born on 2.5. 2015. Both of them have raised the habit of putting two hand fingers in their mouth for sleeping. If we make finger of their out, they start crying loudly. How such habit (putting fingers in mouth) stop / change?
Hi doctor my daughter is 13 years old and has height 4 feet 10 inch. As I am only 5 feet and my husband is 5 feet 7 inches I am quite considerate about her height. She has been doing an hour of swimming from past two months but is hardly yielding. Is there any food /supplement that I should give her. She has not reached the puberty still, Would start of puberty helps in increase in height or works adversely.
I want to lose weight and for this purpose I have tried almost all the weight losing products available in the market. But the are of no use and all makes me suffer from the problem of lose motion.
My child is 4 year old. And his behavior is not normal. He can not constraints in any task. Always angry. Always arguing with us. Speak too much but that related to nothing. What should I do?
I have 1 year old child, he is under weight near about 2 kg from standards ,all other things are normal. Please suggest.
My 4 year old son coughto with cold weather since yesterday. Also he vomit yesterday and had stomach pain and lose motion.
My 2 years old son looks very lean and short. Please suggest me foods which will increase his height and weight doctor.
Me and my wife are having cold and we have a 2 months baby, can you tell me how to prevent our baby from getting cold?
Hello doctor, am a 24 years old breast feeding mother. My daughter is 6months old. I find my breastmilk has reduced from comparing to earlier. Is there any food that increase breast milk?
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.