Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jitender GabbaYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir/ Madam, I am 24 years old, my first baby is 20 months old, and this is my second pregnancy, now I am 4months, last week I have done my NT scan, in that the doctors said, everything is normal, but the placenta is low lying. Is that create any problem?
My Ige level is very high that is 1165 I want to reduce my allergy I am taking medicines but I don't think so it's working. So suggest me some home remedies so that I can completely get out of it pls. And even I get severe pain in my middle fingers of my hands. The pain is really. Disgusting I just feel like to break my finger. Pls help me.
I'm 22 year old when my started period at age of 16 then year gap n again start regularly in age of 17 but last 2.5 month the my period not come that's why my skin very black what I do please answer me.
I am pcod patient and on the month of March my periods didn't come and then periods happen that are delayed by 15 days that is on 15th April. Then at 3rd day of periods I do my hormonal profile which is given below: 1, FSH: 6.65mIU/ml 2, LH:9.84mIU/ml 3, prolactin:6.58 ng/do 4, testosterone:64. 43 ng/dl and normal range is 14. 00_76.00. I also did usg pelvic which shows left ovary volume 8 cc and right ovary volume 10 cc. Bilateral no dominant follicle. Peripheral analyse follicles. I want to know is my hormonal profile fine especially testosterone. I have severe hairfall and few acne on my face. Is thus hair fall and acne because of this or there is some other reason. Please suggest me what will I do.
A rising number of teenage girls in the country are getting affected with Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD. Though an advanced menarche has become very rampant these days, there are many young women who are suffering from a delay in menarche which in turn is leading to PCOD as opined by gynaecologists. Obesity and sedentary lifestyle among young people have caused a rapid doubling of PCOD cases in the past five to eight years.
Occurrence and Symptoms:
Gynaecologists report that they get at least 15 fresh instances of PCOD cases, and a considerable number of teenagers aged 16-17 are not getting their menarche. Such patients are recommended to take a strictly balanced diet which will help them to lose weight. Initially, their mothers think that they would experience their menarche in proper time, but some girls are diagnosed with PCOD when taken to a family gynaecologist. Even worse, they could never imagine that their obesity can pave the way for such a grave health issue. PCOD can cause numerous other problems like delayed and irregular menses, rapid weight gain and tremendous difficulty in losing weight, developing acne and blocked skin pores.
Help yourself with the right diet:
There is no proven evidence regarding the cause of PCOD though gynaecologists are of the opinion that some females possess a predisposition to this disease, and it may run hereditarily in the family. You can alleviate your PCOD symptoms to a considerable extent by regulating your diet properly.
Have loads of fruits and green leafy vegetables and try to abstain from dairy products as many experts believe that dairy products are a direct cause of an increase in insulin levels, which can aggravate skin troubles along with other PCOD symptoms. Avoiding red meat and eating lean meat instead will help the condition and reduce the chances of infertility. It is always recommended to avoid hydrogenated and saturated fats, which are normally found in animal and dairy-based food. Try to put a stop to cheese, cottage cheese, clarified butter, pork, lamb, beef, etc. and certain baked products like cookies, cakes and fudges as they will trigger a rise in your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
The following dietary tips can be helpful with the condition:
- High levels of the insulin hormone causes PCOS symptoms like high blood sugar, increased hair growth, weight gain etc. So, refined foods rich in fat and carbohydrates should be consumed in small amounts.
- Whole foods in their natural, uncooked form should be consumed fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans etc. These are low glycemic foods that reduce the glucose circulation by insulin.
- Intake of salt should be very limited. You should not consume more than 3 grams a day.
- Green vegetables have antioxidants. These are good for women with PCOS because they have a high amount of oxidative stress.
- Your daily diet should contain at least 30 grams of fiber to improve the digestion process and remove toxins.
- Milk and dairy products are best avoided because milk helps to increase the level of testosterone (male hormone) in the body.
- Soy products should also be avoided, especially if you are trying to conceive, because they interfere with the ovulation cycle.
- Processed fat is harmful but essential fatty acids found in avocado, fish, olive oil and nuts are important for the body.
- High levels of male hormones also cause high cholesterol. So foods which have high saturated fats like butter, cream, coconut oil and fatty meat should not be included in the regular diet of women with PCOS.
- Protein-rich foods like lean meat, fish, legumes, whole grains are beneficial as protein can stabilize blood sugar. These foods also keep you feeling full and prevent over-eating.
PCOD is such a condition which you can never afford to overlook. If you had been facing any of the common symptoms, then it is probably time to pay a visit to a responsive gynaecologist. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hello Dr. I am one year married women. I want to get pregnant very soon. After complete checkup my Dr. prescribed me clomiphene citrate 50 mg n Estradiol valerate 2 mg. And cabergoline tablets and Meprate tablets for conceiving. My questions is this tablets Good for pregnancy? please reply soon dear Dr.
I am a 23, female. My boyfriend ejaculated near the vulva, there was no penetration of the penis but we were rubbing the genitals over each other naked. Is there any chance of pregnancy? I have already taken a emergency contraception though. My periods are still due.
HI, I just missed my periods by 4-5 days and it had never happened before. I had one urine test as well but that was negative, I consulted with one of the leading gone but she advised me to wait for some more days and then again have urine test but I am very not sure why my PMS are delayed.
Hi, I am diabetic for 5 yrs. And mother of 5 month old baby and my delivery was c-section. Do I need any supplement like calcium or vitamins? If yes then which?
After unsafe sex is unwanted 72 tab is safee for avoiding pregnancy. In hows days gap should I take tab again if I sex.
On 7.4. 16 prolactin level of my blood is 8.42. Period date was 12.3. 16. It is still now absence. There is any chance if pregnancy.? I want to conceive ad soon as possible. please help me.
Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I am experiencing a pain in my lower abdomen right side for about 2 weeks now. I got my ultrasound done, and the impression is I have a cyst in right ovary (size 51 into 40 mm). My periods are regular, I got my last period on 6th of june 2016 and this month , I have not get my periods yet. I want to ask, is this cyst a matter of worry , how can this be removed? How much time will it take to get removed?
My husband using a oil on his penis to do a sex, we are planning to get a pregnancy, oily penis will be OK to get pregnancy or we should do a sex with a clear penis?
I am 38 year old female. In last six month I got infatuation in my vaginal area. I got some relief when I get treatment but it occur again after some time again I take treatment but it is not proper yet. Last two to three time my periods get very long at lest for 10 days and very painful. I am worries about it kindly suggest me what I do. Thanks.
Hello. Am recently been diagnosed by pcod. I got my last periods on march 10th. But from past 5 years I have irregular periods. I consulted a doctor she askd me to usg, prolactin and thyroid test. Prolactin and thyroid test was normal. Usg depicted that I have pcod. Doctor asked me wait til april 15th to c if I would get my periods on time if not she askd me to start on regestrone frm 15th of april for that I would get my periods by 25th after which fron 5th day of my periods she asked me to take ginette 35 6 cycles for 6 months. I had an intercourse with my partner on 17th april (i was on regestrone) we did use condom but he has a doubt that the sperms might have gone in. I waited for my periods til 25th but its been delayed by 12 days, to confirm if am pregnant I did hcg urine test at home the result was negative. Please assist me. Am I pregnant? What do I need to do? Am not looking forward to have a baby as of now. If am pregnant can I go for abortion.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.