Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
Submit a review for Dr. Jipika BhutaniYour feedback matters!
Sir one month before I was treated with agumentin 625 mg tthrice for five day for same throat infection with fever, now can I again start the medicine advised u. Now I m suffering from throat pain only not fever
Hi. I have tinnitus problem in both ears recently. It increased in the right ear. Audiogram suggests mild conductive hearing loss n I was told that tinnitus is not due to hearing issues. Then wht else causes these sounds and sometimes it gets very annoying. Thanks.
Getting small amount of light coffee color bleed came from deep throat when I spit hard at morning time I am having this problem since two months got endoscopy and recently check ultra 4d scan complete abdomen test in endoscopy reports tell inflamed scattered erosion in stomach.
I am 45 years old male and suffering from allergy in which water comes from my nose regularly when I take anti allergic medicine then I feel better for sometime but later the same problem continues.
My wife is 3 month pregnant. She is having ear pain. Can you please advise any ear drop or antibiotic.
I always have a little cold every time and some times it become severe and sometime I have little pain in throat and sometimes start coughing and a doctor has told me that my nose is somewhat bended what medicine I should take.
I am not able to sleep properly at night times, my age is 24, the person who sleeps beside me snores hardly, when ever I see him it self, oh my god today I am gonna die. Can you please help me in getting rod this. Thank you.
My 4 year Old son sometime bleeds from his left nose. Even small touch causes bleeding. What can be the reasons & what I should do?
Sir/Madam Im sanjeev 28years old from hyderabad. Sir/madam im facing severe headache problem. Rounded headache. Feeling heavy on head. At the time of Moisture weather doubles the headache. Is this sinus related?. What are the reasons for this and how to get rid from this problem. And tel me steps to control.
My left nose is always blocked I can't inhale or smell anything from left nose and it's getting worse.
I am 38 years I am suffering from diabetes since from 6y ears now my Fasting 243 mg/dl, post practical 359 mg, and HbA1c is 12%. I take medicine istamet 5omg/1000 mg at night after meal and early mv2 at empty stomach please help to control diabetes.
Hi, am 36, sugar patient with thyroid. Taking 100 MCG. My problem is for past few days i am having dry throat and mouth. Constant thirst is there, my mouth is also producing bad smell. This is for the first time am facing such a problem. Please help!
My wife is suffering from ear pain, and some liquid is also coming out, I saw with torch and noticed a small on side wall of ear.
I have a problem in my throat as I can not eat anything because of my tonsils infection. Please suggest me.
I am getting blood from my nose especially in summer how can we cure it and what we should do for that.
It is very common for patients with nasal obstruction to develop clogged ear as well. The back of the nose opens into a tunnel also known as the Eustachian tube. This tube goes up to the ear. In case the ears get clogged the pressure is released by popping of the ears. This is achieved by swallowing, yawning, and trying to blow the nose. When ear pops the tunnel opens and allows the pressure to release from the ear.
Reasons why nasal obstruction causes clogged ears:
- Mucosal Swelling: When the nose is obstructed, the nasal lining might swell thus making it difficult to breath. This might also lead to swelling in the tunnel of the ear causing it to shut down. Sometimes an ear pop does not happen in this condition and this is called as Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Negative Pressure inside the Nose: In nose obstruction when the patient tries to breathe through the nose there is negative pressure. This might build up near the opening of the Eustachian tube or the back of the nose. This pressure gets transmitted to the ear and results in a negative pressure in the ear which leads to the clogging of the ear.
- Bernoulli's Principle: This principle states that in case of an inviscid flow, increase in speed of the fluid happens side by side with a pressure decrease.
Causes of Nasal Obstruction:
Obstruction or congestion of the nose leads to a stuffy and inflamed nose. In minor illnesses like fever, cold, sinus infection and flu stuffy nose can happen. This congestion might last for a week. In case the congestion is long term then the causes for it are:
- Allergies and hay fever
- Chemical and environmental irritants
- Septum deviation
- Chronic sinusitis that has lasted for too long
- Nasal polyps and benign tumors
Symptoms of nasal decongestion are runny or stuffy nose, painful sinus, and swollen nasal tissues along with mucus buildup.
Treatment for Nasal Decongestion:
Once the nasal congestion has been found and the cause behind it has been analyzed, then treatment is must. Treatment usually includes prescription medication or over the counter drugs. Medication of the nasal decongestion involves the following:
- Oral Antihistamines: These are helpful in treating allergies. Common ones are loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Nasal Sprays: Nasal sprays which contain antihistamine like azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Nasal Steroids: Examples of this are mometasone (Asmanex Twisthaler) or fluticasone (Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA)
- Over the counter or prescription decongestants