Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jindal
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JindalYour feedback matters!
Sir I am suffering from fever from last two days and I take medicine but not going well so please suggest me some medicine to cure fever.
Ayurveda is an age old system of medicine that is holistic in nature. Treatment in Ayurveda focuses on getting rid of the cause of the disease. The medicines in Ayurveda are natural and thus, do not have any side effects. There are various remedies in Ayurveda to balance your blood sugar level. Blood sugar occurs either due to decreased insulin sensitivity or inefficient absorption of glucose by the cells in the body.
The various remedies to balance blood sugar in Ayurveda are
Diet: You should pay close attention to your diet, as diet plays a primary role in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. Eating foods that can cause your blood sugar levels to hit the roof should be strictly avoided. Simple sugars are the main culprit, and any food that contains simple sugars like refined foods and most fruits need to be avoided.
Exercise: Exercise is a must if you want your blood sugar under control. Include cardiovascular exercises like running and swimming that helps in burning calories and regulate blood sugar. It also helps you lose fat and reduce weight. Exercises also uses the sugar in your blood thus, causing a drop in the blood sugar levels.
Avoid stress: If you are feeling stressed lately then you may employ relaxation techniques such as meditation. You can start off with simple meditation techniques such as focusing on your breath. Count to 4 while you inhale and then hold your breath for seven seconds, then exhale while you count to 8. Repeat this procedure for 10-15 minutes on a daily basis.
Herbs: You can include fenugreek in your diet, you may consume them by soaking them overnight in a glass of water and then drinking the water after straining it. It has been known to reduce blood sugar levels. Holy basil or tulsi is another herb that has a beneficial effect on the blood sugar level in the body. It also corrects hormonal imbalances and improves your overall wellbeing. You can also add cinnamon powder while cooking to maintain insulin sensitivity.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am having this itchy/ticklish sensation in my throat that makes me cough non-stop sometimes also lead to urge to vomit due to ticklish feeling and also feels like a lump is stuck in my throat and further cough is intense with white phlegm.
Are you feeling an excruciating pain in the anal region? Is there a lump around the area that you can feel? Commonly called Piles, hemorrhoids, is a phenomenon where the blood vessels are inflamed or expanded in the anal canal. Veins in and around the anus and rectum are comparatively weak than the arteries which are quiet intense. This is because the walls of the veins are pretty thin and pain or discomfort arises when there is too much pressure on the walls. There are two kinds of Piles the internal piles and the external piles; the discomfort and severity depend on the kind of piles you are suffering from.
Causes behind it
The causes of hemorrhoids are not certain and anyone can get affected by the condition. It is more prevalent in elderly people and pregnant women. Sometimes, the condition is also hereditary, so if your parents or grandparents suffered from piles, there is a possibility that you may develop it too. When the veins in the anal region are subjected to pressure, the veins swell causing painful hemorrhoids.
The common symptoms associated with the condition are:
- Bleeding from the anus
- Painful lump or swell near the anus
- Anal itching
- Tenderness or pain during bowel movements
- Mucus Anal discharge
Treatment options for piles
In few cases, the Hemorrhoids can be treated with home remedies like a change in diet, warm sitz baths, and avoiding foods that may lead to constipation. For hemorrhoids of the first, second and third-degree, medications, home remedies and manual methods are preferred approaches. However, when the condition persists for an extended period with severe pain it is best to consider your physician.
The piles can be treated with:
- Injection or sclerotherapy: Treats internal hemorrhoids
- Banding: Treatment for prolapsed hemorrhoids
- Coagulation: Treatment using laser
- Surgery: Opted for in severe cases of hemorrhoids
Surgery is suggested when no other remedies for piles have responded. In the case of prolapsed hemorrhoids, or the fourth degree and higher degree, surgical methods need to be implemented. In common, surgery is deemed as the last option for piles treatment. Piles surgery is prescribed particularly by the surgeons in the situation where pain becomes unbearable.
The surgical treatments
Hemorrhoidectomy: This is the surgery done to remove piles. The physician performs a few minute cuts around the anus to remove them away. The area which is under operation is put under local or general anesthesia. Hemorrhoidectomy is often a procedure for the outpatient case, and you are typically discharged on the same day itself. The patient usually takes about two to three weeks, to recover fully but then it can even take as long as five to six weeks to get back to normal pain-free life again.
PPH: Another surgical method is PPH. It is also known as stapled hemorrhoidectomy. In this surgery, the physician uses a device which looks like a stapler to reposition the pile and struck off their supply of blood so that they eventually shrink and die out. This surgical procedure is less painful than traditional hemorrhoidectomy as it removes hemorrhoid to where there are fewer nerve endings, so it hurts less. There will be faster recovery, few or no complications, minor itching, and bleeding. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Physical intimacy is a healthy sociobiological concept. It is a primary human need and we all are aware of it. However, it is linked to cultural norms, expectations and behaviour. In many societies, talking about sex is still a taboo and talking about sexual problems is simply out of question. Many people even in modern societies feel embarrassed to discuss their sexual behaviour, preferences or issues. The fact is that a sexual problem is just like any other normal issue requiring a medical and psychological intervention. Neglecting such issues not only impacts one’s health but also happiness and relationships.
- Sex problems can be experienced by both men and women. In men, inability to hold, premature or delayed ejaculation and impotence causes a lot of distress. In women, anxiety and fears impact negatively on their sexual behaviour. Apart from this, women may experience pain and discomfort during sex or a complete lack of desire for sex.
- Sexual abuse or an unpleasant sexual experience can deeply affect a person’s ability to view sexuality as healthy and positive. Such traumatic experiences affect a person’s desire for sex as well as his/ her ability to perform. Thus, emotions play a pivotal role in sexual behaviour and need to be addressed with a lot of sensitivity.
- Sex therapy is an intervention which deals with the sensitive issues surrounding sex problems through one to one counselling. The powerful sexual energy if not channelized well can cause a lot of personal and emotional problems. Thus, it is highly advisable to discuss the problem with someone knowledgeable, trustworthy and sensitive.
- Sex therapy is a right platform to express one’s issues pertaining to sexual dysfunction as it promises a highly professional and confidential service. The role of a sex therapist is to help individuals understand their problems from a different perspective and initiate interventions to remove their own barriers to achieving a happy and fulfilling sexual life.
The principle force behind this therapy is self help. Thus, partners are empowered to understand and deal with their own issues with the help of an expert who acts as a guide and facilitator. Many times, couples with sexual problems start drifting apart and losing feelings of love and intimacy. Such partners fight over no issues and are unable to deal with their growing intolerance and disconnect.
A sex therapist can look at relationship issues and help couples resolve some of their differences thus restoring a positive relationship, so vital for a healthy sexual life. Sex therapy is undoubtedly a safest and best way to discuss your difficulties, fears, anxieties, desires and even fantasies. Distressed over a sexual issue, seek help, check out a trained sex therapist in your area!
Before you are affected by diabetes, a condition known as pre-diabetes is experienced, which indicates that a person might develop diabetes soon. In case you have pre-diabetes, your blood sugar level will be higher than the usual, but not as much as during diabetes. The condition is called borderline diabetes. During pre-diabetes, the production of insulin hormone gets decreased. You are more likely to get heart diseases and a stroke because of pre-diabetes.
Diagnosis There are three primary blood tests, which are used for the diagnosis of pre-diabetes:
- Fasting plasma glucose test
- You should not eat anything for eight hours before this blood test.
- Blood sugar level is considered normal when it is less than 100.
- If your blood sugar level is between 100 and 125, you are in the pre-diabetes stage.
- If your blood sugar level is above 125, you are diagnosed with diabetes.
- Oral glucose tolerance test
- First, you need to have a fasting glucose test done and drink a sugary solution (75 gm glucose dissolve in water) after it. After two hours, another blood test is taken.
- Blood sugar level is considered normal when it is lesser than 140.
- If your blood sugar level is between 140 and 199, you are in the pre-diabetes stage.
- If your blood sugar level is above 200, you are diagnosed with diabetes.
- Hemoglobin A1C
- This blood test shows the average blood sugar level for three to four months in the past. It helps to check whether pre-diabetes is in control or not.
- Blood sugar level is considered normal when it is 5.6%.
- If your blood sugar level is between 5.7% and 6.4%, you are in the pre-diabetes stage.
- If your blood sugar level is 6.5% or above, you are diagnosed with diabetes.
- The test should be redone for checking or verifying the results.
Lifestyle changes required for managing pre-diabetes Lifestyle changes may help people in managing pre-diabetes and for preventing it from developing into diabetes. Here are some changes and habits you need to practice:
- Weight control: If you are obese and overweight, the pre-diabetes may turn into diabetes. Hence, losing some amount of body weight, at least 5% to 10%, makes quite a difference.
- Exercise: You should perform moderate exercises regularly, such as swimming, cycling or walking briskly. This helps in the management of pre-diabetes. Aerobic exercise increases the heart rate and should be carried out for better benefits.
- Nutrition: You must make some dietary changes as well. Consume food items, which contain low-fat protein. Eat a lot of vegetables and whole grains, limit your calorie intake and reduce the amount of sugar and starchy carbohydrates. Increase your intake of fiber-rich food.
If you experience a rise in your blood sugar levels, you must consult a doctor immediately. With early diagnosis, you can take preventive measures and will be able to prevent pre-diabetes from developing into diabetes.
I am suffering from cold and cough I am not able to talk now to any one because my throat is painting so please tell me what I should take precaution to be safe?
So you've decided to straighten your teeth and get a great smile that too naturally but the road to a brilliant smile comes with a guide map and here are some of the key stops.
1. Keep them clean
While braces are a great tool that work on natural teeth with no side effects, caring for braces is extremely essential in order to ensure that you don't end up with any post orthodontic dental work.
Braces be it metal or ceramic tend to accumulate food and in turn cause cavities or stains. A lot of people suffer from post braces unnecessary treatments only because they couldn't keep them clean.
2. Know what foods to avoid
Wherever you are in your braces journey remember when you started you were warned about a bunch of things you have to stop eating and drinking. That memory maybe fading away but the truth is the dietary restrictions need to be followed atleast to a certain extent if you want the braces off on schedule.
Foods like pizzas, sticky candies or biting into anything from your front teeth is a strict no as it'll cause the front braces to come off and besides interrupting the treatment you may also end up hurting yourself.
Sodas should be avoided as they cause the braces glue to dissolve and they come off your teeth earlier than we would want.
3. Bracket breaks
The system of braces is basically individual brackets that are placed on your teeth to move them and a wire that engages all these brackets together.
A common occurrence with braces is the brackets come off or break if you're not careful. When this happens it's like a derailing a machine everything comes to a standstill and its very important to get this fixed at the earliest for the treatment to continue efficiently.
Bracket breakage can be prevented by maintaining dietary precautions, efficient brushing and avoiding trauma to the face.
4. Be on the lookout for pain or blisters
Although less common now there's an occasional chance of slight pain or ulceration after braces are placed in the mouth for the first time. Our body is getting used to a large foreign object and it may react by rejecting the areas that hurt and forming an ulcer which may last a few days and settle.
The pain sensation of tightness and tooth movement can be eased with a mild anti inflammatory or pain killer on the first appointment if need be.
5. Don't miss appointments
Missing your regular dental appointment is bad enough but your orthodontic (braces) appointment is the most important day of the month for you. Skipping or missing this appointment disrupts the schedule of tooth movement and you may delay an already prolonged treatment procedure.
So if you want that brilliant smile be as soon as possible follow the steps above and you will breeze through your orthodontics treatment without a snag!