Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayeeta Bose
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Jayeeta BoseYour feedback matters!
Hie I have a eye problem. I was taking a vitamin tablet through which my eye got effected n due to which its colour turns in to red. Aftr some days the reddish colour disappeared bt the eyes got small in size so what should I do it is for last 12months. Please help me out.
I am taking treatment for acne. Now the doctor is saying for laser treatment for scars, as I am having lot of them. Should I go for laser treatment? What type of side effects does it have? Should I immediately go for it after my acne medicinal treatment is over or should I wait for sometime to see whether acne returns or not?
In the summer season my eyes become dry Tears began to fall they are sticky and inside my eyelids white yarn type thing are formed and big problem is non lubrication of my eyes What is it allergy/Conjunctivitis/? please suggest me medicine.
Hi, my mother is suffering from healed chorioretinitis scar in my right eye , due to which she has lost vision upto 80%. Is this curable by any means ? What is the total cost ? I have enclosed doctor's prescription and right eye report from last check up. Please suggest .
For the past 2 months I feel tired, headache, back pain, sore throat, eyes and nose irritation, eyes tired when I wake up even after 8+ hrs of sleep. I snore. I eat twice a day. No lunch just snack. Have acid reflux, liver pain (@ times) and post nasal drip. My blood tests (lft, CBC, lipid,vit b12, sugar,)r normal except a little high cholesterol, fatty liver (not yet cirrhosis) & abs. eosinophil count of 680. I am unable to get up and exercise. Feel headache, feverish and tired after having breakfast. Gets a little better as day progresses. My BM is sometimes loose and very dark and at times constipated. My appetite is normal and no vomiting/nausea. Please help.
Hello, I have been having a boil kind of a thing on my eye lid for quiet a few weeks now. I have tried everything from hot compressions, meds to healthier habits. Even been trying some traditional remedies but nothing seems to work or get it down. What do I do?
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis-infected patient
- Using goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!