Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jayasree SundarYour feedback matters!
I had a sex just after completion of my period on 5th day .I am not sure that semen has entered or not. Can I get pregnant. If I would be so please suggest how to stop it.
I am 29 years female and unmarried. I have pcod problem which was known to me when I was 18 years old. I am fair but due to irregular periods I get severe acne on my face and ruined my face to the core. I have been treated by dermatologists and gynecologists and literally I was experimented by lotz n lotz of medicines which helped me in no way. Due to irregular periods I put on weight. Another thing is that, when I was under medication I had severe head ache, nausea, depression and stress as side effects. But even after 11 years of medication the problem still persists. Can you suggest me a treatment that permanently relieves me from this problem.
Hello friends, myself Dr Purnima Jain, I am practising obstetrics and gynaecology for last 15 years. Today in this video we are going to discuss about infertility its causes and the basic investigation which are required to investigate an infertile couple. First of all, what is infertility? In India whenever two person decides to continue as a life partner then the whole family starts expecting that after some time the new family member will be added to our family. But in about 15% of patients, this dream is never fulfilled, this is called infertility and technically if we want to define infertility, infertility is when a couple is unable to conceive even after one year of regular and unprotected intercourse. Infertility can be of 2 types primary infertility and secondary infertility, primary infertility is when a couple has never complete irrespective of the duration of their pregnancy and secondary infertility is when a couple has a prior history of conception, whatever the outcome may be but after that there they are unable to conceive this is called secondary infertility. So what can be the causes of infertility in a couple, infertility is not a problem of only female or male it can be a problem of both so causes of infertility can be due to a female cause or male cause due to both. In about 30 to 35% cases it can be due to female factors in about 35% it can be due to male factors and in another 10 to 15% it can be due to problem in both male and female and in 10 to 15% there can be no reason, that is a and explaining infertility. Among causes of infertility in females it can be due to broadly they can be divided into three categories one there is a failure of ovulation or tubal blockage or failure of implantation. Failure of ovulation can be due to some hormonal imbalance or improper development of gonads and tubal blockage, the tubal blockage can be due to some infection like a pelvic inflammatory disease, genital tuberculosis and sexually transmitted diseases. Thirdly, the failure of implantation, failure of implantation can be due to the thin endometrium and some blockage in the endometrium cavity due to a fibroid, polyp, asherman syndrome due to which the zygote is not able to implant in the endometrium. So these are the main three categories of female infertility, about male infertility again male infertility can be due to hypogonadism which leads to failure of production of sperm and it can be due to some genetic factors or due to maldevelopment of gonads or it can be due to hormonal imbalance or decrease hormones. Secondly, it can be due to obstruction in the outflow of sperm that is epididymis, vas deferens etc. If you want to investigate a couple about what can be the cause of infertility in this couple, then there are some basic investigation and some invasive investigation. Basic investigations can be some blood test like haemoglobin, blood group hormonal profile, serum TSH, serum follicular stimulating hormones, serum utilising hormone, serum prolactin and serum AMH and some viral markers like HIV, hepatitis B, anti-HCV and investigation for syphilis and then there are some tests for whether there is ovulation occurring or not, for it we are doing an ultrasound for follicular monitoring first or second day and then for eight and ninth day of cycle on alternate day to see whether the follicle is being developed or not. Then there can be investigations to see whether there is any tubal blockage or not for which there are three investigations available, first is HSG or Hysterosalpingography, in which a dye injected by a cervix into the uterus and fallopian tubes and then an X-ray is done to see that whether the tubes are patent or not and second is saline sonography in which a saline is injected by a cervix into the uterus and fallopian tubes and then ultrasound is done to see whether the tubes are patent or not. But if it is not clear by that, we can do laparoscopy which is an operative procedure and sometimes hysteroscopy is also done. For male infertility, we have to do a basic investigation which is Semen analysis, in which we see counts, morphology and motility of the sperms and if it is normal then it is ok but if it is abnormal then we have to further investigate. So these are the basic investigations which are required to investigate the infertile couple. Thank You.
The benefits of consumption of the right kind of the food are more than one. They are not only required for sustenance, but if chosen right, they also provide the right kind of boost to your sex life. Some of them are:
- Avocados: The reputation of avocados as an aphrodisiac has been well established over the years. Packed with unsaturated fats and being extremely low in saturated fats, they are very good for the heart which in turn keeps the men away from the risk of erectile dysfunction.
- Almonds: Almonds have always been associated as stimulants. They are rich in nutrients and other minerals that help in boosting your sexual health and also aid in the process of reproduction.
- Strawberries: They not only look delicious, but are rich in folic acid, one that keeps away birth defects in women.
- Oysters: Oysters have been long known as aphrodisiacs; consisting of zinc that boosts the libido. Other than oysters, several sea foods like salmon and herring are also known for their ability to enhance your sex life.
- Arugula: This leafy green helps in arousal and also helps in maintaining your sexual health. They do that by absorbing those contaminants in the environment that adversely affect your libido.
- Figs: Though this fruit may look funny, they serve as excellent aphrodisiacs and boost fertility. Filled with both soluble and insoluble fiber, they are equally beneficial for the heart.
- Citrus: Apart from its excellent taste, this fruit is rich in with vitamin C, antioxidants and folic acid, which help in the reproductive health of men.
- Spinach: This green vegetable is filled with plenty of advantages, but it is also beneficial for the bedroom. It reduces exhaustion and fatigue and provides the much needed energy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My last period cycle was on 16th Feb 2016. Currently it got extended till today. Checked with pregnancy strip. It shows a positive result. When will be the idle time to check up further.
Doctor. My mother have breast cancer. 20 days before we have operated and removed one breast. That was type 1a cancer. Now they prefer to do hormone therapy. Is it really correct treatment. If it is correct. Wat ll be the side effects of harmone therapy.
कीगल एक्सरसाइज और उसके फायदे
कीगल एक्सरसाइज पेल्विक एरिया में रक्त के प्रवाह में वृद्धि करके पेल्विक की मांसपेशियों को मजबूत रखता है। जिससे इसकी संवेदनशीलता में तेजी आती है। और यह अनुभूती उत्तेजना और आर्गेंज्म में मदद करती हैं।
कीगल एक्सरसाइज की खोज
डॉक्टर अर्नाल्ड कीगल ने इस एक्सरसाइज की खोज की है। यह एक्सरसाइज गर्भवती महिलाओं की मूत्र असंयम को नियंत्रित करने और बच्चे के जन्म के बाद जल्दी ठीक होने में मदद करती है। लेकिन पिछले कुछ वर्षों में यह बात साबित हुई है कि कीगल एक्सरसाइज पुरुषों की समय पूर्व स्खलन की समस्या को कम करने और महिलाओं की श्रोणि की मांसपेशियों को मजबूत बनाने में भी मदद करती है।
कैसे करें कीगल एक्सरसाइज
पीसी मसल्स, पैरों के बीच पेल्विक के पास स्थित होती हैं। इसे करने के लिए अपने घुटनों को मोड़ कर आराम की स्थिति में बैठ जाए। अब आप ध्यान केंद्रित करके पीसी मसल्स को टाइट करके संकुचित करें। इसे 30 से 50 बार दोहराये। पूरी प्रकिया के दौरान स्वतंत्र रूप से सांस लें। इस एक्सरसाइज को करने के दौरान 5 सेकंड के लिए संकुचन करें और फिर 5 सेकंड के लिए आराम करें। धीरे-धीरे इस समय को बढ़ा कर 10 सेकंड कर दें।
ज्यादा न करें कीगल एक्सरसाइज
कीगल एक्सरसाइज को खाली जगह पर ही करें जैसे बेडरूम या बाथरूम। एक्सरसाइज के दौरान पेल्विक एरिया की मांसपेशियों को स्क्वीज करें और तीन की गिनती करके उसे रोकें। ध्यान रखें कि इस एक्सरसाइज को ज्यादा करने के लिए अपने आपको न धकेले, उतनी ही करें जितना आप आराम से कर सकते हैं।
कीगल एक्सरसाइज के दौरान सावधानी
कीगल एक्सरसाइज को भरे हुए ब्लैडर या मूत्राशय के दौरान न करें, क्योंकि ऐसा करना आपकी मांसपेशियों को कमजोर कर सकता है और ब्लैडर को अधूरा खाली कर देता है। जिससे आपको यूरीन मार्ग में संक्रमण हो सकता है।
सेक्स लाइफ बेहतर
कीगल एक्सरसाइज करने से आपके यौन अंगों में रक्त के प्रवाह में सुधार होता है। जिससे पेल्विक एरिया की मसल्स मजबूत होती है और आपकी सेक्स जीवन में सुधार होता है। आप अधिक सुखद और आर्गेज्म की प्राप्ति आसानी से कर सकते हैं।
पूर्व स्खलन की समस्या
कीगल एक्सरसाइज से पुरुषों के हिप्स की मांसपेशियां मजबूत होती है। जिससे पुरुष जल्दी डिस्चार्ज होने की समस्या बच सकते हैं। और आप देर तक सेक्स को एंज्वॉय कर सकते हैं।
I had my period, on the 15th of June, I had sex with My boyfriend from the 17th to the 20th (unprotected) I too the morning after pill afterwards and we continued to have protected sex. 7 days later I noticed I had a light period for about 3 days. My period was due today but I have received nothing. Could I be pregnant? Why was I bleeding in the middle of a cycle? Please tell me if something is wrong with me Thanks.
Endometriosis is a chronic disorder that occurs when tissues, which form the inner lining of the uterus - known as the endometrium - are found outside the uterus. This abnormal growth of endometrial tissue can take place on any part of the pelvic and abdominal regions such as the ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, vagina, vulva, bladder, etc. Rare occurrences of endometriosis can also happen in the lungs, on the arms, and thighs among others.
There is tremendous research underway with regard to the causes of endometriosis in women as the exact root of its occurrence has not been determined.
The most plausible explanations for the development of this disease are as follows:
1. Retrograde menstruation: The most likely cause of endometriosis, this happens when menstrual blood and tissue backs up into the fallopian tubes and pelvis instead or getting expelled from the body. These displaced endometrial tissues then stick to the pelvic walls and grow on other organs in the region.
2. Endometrial cell transport: Endometrial cells and tissues are often transported through blood and lymph vessels to various parts of the body where they start to thrive.
3. Embryonic cell growth: Embryonic cells that line the walls of the pelvic and abdominal cavities often turn into endometrial tissue, which causes endometriosis.
4. Surgical scars: Endometrial cells often get surgically transplanted to scars in the abdomen and pelvis during surgical procedures such as c-sections or hysterectomies.
5. Immune system disorder: Dysfunction of the immune system prohibits the elimination of endometrial tissue outside the uterus.
6. Foetal development: Endometriosis can occur in a foetus that retains endometrial tissue, which develops into the disease later in life when triggered by pubertal hormones (hormones that trigger puberty).
7. Hormones: Endometriosis is stimulated by the hormone oestrogen, which leads to the disease when it reaches abnormal levels.
Endometriosis is a curable condition. The common treatments include:
1. Pain medicines: Over-the-counter painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs help relieve the agony of endometriosis and burning menstruation.
2. Hormone therapy: The administration of certain hormones such as birth-control pills and other hormonal contraceptives, as well as drugs that block stimulation of the ovaries are effective in suppressing the development of endometriosis.
3. Surgery: This resorts to only when all other methods of treatment have failed. The initial surgical approach is to remove the extra-uterine endometrial growth. However, some cases might require a hysterectomy with complete removal of the uterus and ovaries.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Stress is a state of physical and mental tension caused by certain external or internal factors in a person's life. Main goal of stress management is relaxation and rest, hence one must engage in activities that relax oneself. Yoga meditation sharing with others are some of the effective ways of coping with stress.