Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Jayasree SundarYour feedback matters!
The female reproductive organ is an area of the human body where many microbial organisms inhabit together and it is a necessary requirement for its health. These organisms may include fungi and bacteria and play important roles individually in maintaining the pH levels (the acidic and alkaline balance) levels of the vagina. However, when one of these, especially the fungi go out of balance and begin to propagate, it results in a vaginal yeast infection.
A yeast infection or vaginal candidiasis is a fungal infection that causes extreme itchiness of the vulva (which is the opening of the vagina) and the further insides of the vagina as well. It may result in a white discharge from time to time and causes vaginal inflammation. Some of the other symptoms are:
- Pain in the vagina akin to a burning sensation while urinating or when having sex
- Rashes in the vagina
- General soreness and pain
- White odorless discharge, which is thick in consistency
- Colorless watery discharges can occur as well
- Swelling and redness near the vulva or the vagina in general
The type of fungi that causes vaginal yeast infections is the ‘candida fungus’. Usually, this fungus is present within the vagina, but is kept in check by the Lactobacillus bacteria. These are bacteria naturally present within the vagina and secrete acids, which keep the fungi in check. However, when the levels of bacteria are reduced, it will cause the levels of fungi to increase causing a yeast infection.
The below mentioned factors can aggravate the risks of this disease:
- Problems brought on by diabetes
- A compromised immune system
- Pregnancy may also disturb the balance
- Starting to use or stopping the use of oral contraceptive pills
- Hormone therapy
- Usage of antibiotics that may kill off lactobacillus bacteria within the vagina
Generally, yeast infections are not considered to be sexually transmitted, although yeast infection could be spread through sexual contact as well.
The primary treatment includes a course of anti fungal oral medication to lessen the levels of the fungi within your vagina. It could be supplemented with vaginal creams, which may reduce the itching and the inflammation. If you have recurrent infection multiple times within a year, then you may have to go for a longer course of treatment and correct the underlying conditions that may be causing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Sir/madam My fat has skipped for more than 2 months, had a pregnancy pad test and found conformed. We go through a ultra sound scan test last week, in that we found our gestational sac is irregular shape and heart by not yet started at 6w1d. And today I got bleeding as like period. Is this sign of abort please explain me.
Doctor mujhe 15 din se period nahi aa rahe me unmarried hu or meine 10 ya 11 month pahle sex kiya tha to iska pragnancy se to kuch lena nahi hai. Mujhe kya karna chahiye ki meire pariod aa jaye.
I faced a lot of gas problem, indigestion & a little watery stool since one years after regular interval of times. Doctor prescribed me antibiotics & pro biotic tablets but its ok in the period of taking medicine. So what medicine can I use for cure.
My wife got menses on 20th of Dec and again she got menses on 4 th of Jan and her age is 26 and she is normal and still we did not have sex from marriage, give me an solution.
Dear Dr. last 3 days back we had unprotected sex after that she take I pill but still not get any periods is there any chances to get pregnant.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I Am 23 Years old Female. I Had Protected Sex on 18th Oct N Got Periods On 8th Nov. Today While Urinating I Saw a very small blood clot. My Periods Are due On 8th Dec. Wht Could Be Reason For the Blood Clot?
I got married 9 months ago and I had intercourse 15 days ago nd there was bleeding for one day. Today is my 7 day of period and I had sex tonight and had bleed today also bt just few drops. Is it normal?
I have sex on 19th july. But my girlfriend is not getting periods till now. Her last month periods date was 24th ok june. Is she pregnant? Please reply fast.
My wife has breast pain since last week. Our last child was born on January 2010 and she is not pregnant either. She have hyperthyroidism.
Hi, my LMP was on 13/01/15.I hv missed my periods.I hv taken a home pregnancy test on my fifth day after i missed period it shows negative.I dnt hv neother pregnancy symptoms except my missed period.N few days back i show sumwhite discharge before my due date n m n overweight lady at my late twenties.Can u plz give me sum suggestion on my condition
I have a curious question respective Doctors. Sry if this question is wrong. Usually we use to insert our penis in the vagina and it gives pleasure to both men and women. What Happens if we insert our long penis in the hole below the vagina (i mean ass hole? Will it make women pregnant and does it gives pleasure?
I am 32 week pregnant and baby is in breech position. Is this mean baby has some abnormality? What can I do for this?
Social networking refers to a multitude of websites that let the people from across the globe to get in touch with each other and interact through photos, videos discussions or audio. To name a few, Facebook tops the list by having over 1.2 billion active users monthly from across the world, followed by Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
As per the latest statistics, around 42% of populace online at one time, is using social networking sites either on their laptops or mobiles. Majority of this population is below 30 years of age, whereas the figure is changing for internet users aged 65 years and above. People use these sites to stay in touch with family and friends, to share things, express their views on matters and to find out what's happening in the other corner of the world.
But this usage can have many negative effects on the mental health and well-being of users both children and adults.
- It is addictive: It has been analyzed that these social networking sites are often addictive with people using them daily or even several times during a day. They log in to these sites for many reasons like to overcome boredom, distraction, to check their likes and comments which are usually a positive support after posting a status or information.
- It makes us do unfair comparisons: Various posts on social media at times make people compare their lives with others. And it is said, the grass is always greener on the other side, it makes you feel low thinking how idealized are the lives of people connected to you.
- Social media makes us restless: Many people start feeling restless when they are unable to access their social media accounts.
- Cyberbullying: Social media increases cyberbullying specifically in adolescents.
- Increased use of Alcohol: Social media glamorizes the use of drugs and alcohol since the teenagers often view the pictures of people using it and out of peer pressure would like to try them.
- Social media increases unhappiness: Enthusiastic users feel that social media fluctuates their moods also leaving them dissatisfied in their lives.
- FOMO: It might also lead to FOMO, fear of missing out. Pinterest might give you a feeling that you are not creative or talented, Twitter and Facebook might make you feel that you are not smart and are not enjoying your life enough.
Excess of social networking might also lead to problems like anxiety, feeling of imperfection, may induce a feeling of being miserable or in some cases might even cripple the basic need for social interaction. It has been known to create a digital landscape has exerts an unnecessary and increased pressure on the generation today and the general population has to a larger extent.