Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jay Prakash Kumar
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Jay Prakash KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 65 years old and I am suffering from knee and palm of left leg. Can you suggest some remedy for the same.
I am 80 year old male and get pain in my legs hamstring. What should I do? I have no diabetes. Borderline bp thanks.
I am suffering with severe pain in my butt since may 2015. What can be reason for such kind of pain?
Hello Sir. I have pain around Knee joint. Basically I did trekking last sunday to a hilly arae and while coming down I started feeling pain in left knee (to the exterior side below knee joint. It becomes worse while doing up/down on stairs in office. Please tell me what is the issue ?
I am 45 years old. I am having diabetes. I am getting foot pain everyday. Why like that? Pain is like someone pinching with needle. Can I tell how to overcome it?
Sir / madam. I am a marketing person, lots of running on bike in Mumbai city approx 75 km daily, always feeling tired, my joints legs, arms, backbone, head always tired & feeling Uneasy also painful, I regularly take Revital capsule daily, but still not very active. Pls suggest something better then this, lots of responsibility, can't stop, have to run & want to be active like horse. Reply Note: No BP, no Diabetes, no cholesterol.
I am a 22 years old. I have a severe backache for which you have used an ointment for pain relief but I didn't have me any pain relief. I have used for 2 months.
I had an accident 2 months back and sprained my ankle. It took 21 days to recover, then again I bought a slipper which was too spongy and the same happened again. I couldn't put weight on my ankle and can't stretch my muscles below knee joint. I consulted a doctor and he prescribed me pain killers. My ankle has become a little flexible than before. What's the permanent cure?
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!