Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Jay MishraYour feedback matters!
Is potato eating is safe or excess eating of potato will cause diabetes? What precaution to be taken for not getting diabetes.
Hii my name is nayeem and I am 5.9 my age is 19 I want to gain few more inches. What is the best possible way to gain height. Suggest me some medicines and exercise.
My mother is suffering from diabetes and diabetes control is not coming to me you tell me some remedy which will control my mother's diabetes.
I am 22 years old and my height is 5'8" but my weight is only 50 kg. I want to increase my diet but I am unable to do it as my stomach doesn't allows me to. Whenever I eat chapatti, oily food I feel like vomiting. So please suggest me what to do to improve my diet capacity and gain weight.
My name is tohidul Islam age 45 yrs, I take a antihypertensive drug for long time but don't take medication for 1 month, now my BP is 280/190 mmhg so what I do?
Hi There, from last 1 year I am feeling little heavy in the left side I am afraid it might be a Brian tumor please guide me further I really doubt it but I tried to search about brain tumor on the internet but symptoms do not really match at all and also suffer from anxiety, fears from last few years is there a chance I am feeling heavy because of anxiety or there might be some specific problem? Please Help.
Hello Doctor, I am 24 years old boy. I am suffering from dandruff, thinning of hairs and hair fall. In my teenage, I had thick and strong hairs but they started greying so I shaved my head and when new hairs grow up, I found greying of hairs was stopped but my hairs have become thin and since then (almost 6 years), I have been suffering from hair fall and dandruff even when I use expensive hair Oil and shampoo like Kesh King, Dr. Batra, Livon and Head and Shoulder but still my hair fall is not stopping. I also noticed that when I was a teenager, my hairs used to grow rapidly. I had to take haircut every month but now my hairs grow really slow, I get a haircut in 75-80 days. Kindly prescribe me some method and medicines so that my hair fall should get stopped otherwise I am gonna get bald very soon if this continues. Thanks.
Respected sir, I am 40 years old, height 5'9" and my weight is 85 kg. I have two problems as below. 1. Want to loose my belly fat. 2. I want to my frequently farting problem Please reply.
I am suffering from pimples on face and head very badly. Red and white some times. I am 31 and non alcoholic. I am taking Berberis aquifolium q 15 drops twice a day From 2 weeks but there is no improvement at all. Please help me.
I am 43 years old female. I have a 25 days period cycle. My periods have always been regular. I had got my period on 7 th march. I had to take prednisolone 1mg once a day for a week from 19th - 25th march (as prescribed by my doctor) for severe rash on my skin. After that I got my period on 27th march. I haven't got my period after that. Pregnancy test is negative. Can you please advise. Thanks.
My hairs are frequently loss it appears like in some year I become bald. Is there any perfect solution to check my hair loss.
Is it any way to grow my height at least a inch or more with any medicine. My height is 5'6" and all my friends are 5'8" and more. I know its genetic but still is there any medicine in homeopathy or allopathy that works? I am not short I am average so please suggest any medicine.
Hi, I am 24 years old. I used to be very THATCH. But before 2 years I have problem of hair fall. My body is not so fit so I am confuse wat is problem. If you give me any solution then please sand me on my mail id. Thank you !
Psoriasis can be defined as a skin condition, which is caused due to autoimmune disorders within the body. This is a condition where the skin on the body develops raised and dry areas which are reddish in colour while also being bordered by silvery scales.
Treatment of psoriasis in Ayurveda: Ayurveda has a different slant to conventional medicine with regards to the treatment of psoriasis. According to Ayurveda, it is the impurities in the blood, which cause the immune system to react adversely and cause this condition. Ayurveda concentrates on treating the underlying problems through the combination of changes in diet, home remedies and certain medications to treat this disorder. Some of them are mentioned below:
Changes in diet which will help purify the symptoms:
Some advice that is usually given to patients to clean up their diet and include certain other items are as follows:
- Avoid spicy food and try to eat food, which can be easily broken down within the digestive system
- Inclusion of more fruits and fruit juices in your diet
- Also include vegetables and also have a mix of boiled vegetables daily.
- It is better to avoid animal products such as animal fats, eggs, canned and processed foods from your diet.
- Regular consumption of butter milk and curd are known to be very good in blood purification and thus should be consumed in large quantities.
Some Ayurvedic tips and ingredients, which can help treat psoriasis:
Other tips that can be implemented as skin applications to treat psoriasis are as follows:
- Use avocado oil to rub on the affected areas as it is known to be an effective treatment when applied long term.
- Ensure that the skin is always moisturized by applying a soft, cream or gel.
- Periodic baths in sea water if possible is also good for lessening the symptoms of psoriasis.
- Aloe vera cream applied specifically on the patches is known to also lessen them overtime.
Few other tips to follow:
- Get into deep breathing and meditation to ensure that your body and mind are relaxed as this is very important during the healing process
- Expose the affected areas of your skin to mild sunlight for about half an hour daily as it is known to improve symptoms.
Alopecia is a medical term used for baldness. There are different sorts of alopecia, including alopecia areata. Alopecia areata is a condition that causes a person’s hair to fall out in patches. It is an autoimmune disease where the person’s own immune system attacks his body, the hair follicles in this case. When this happens, the individual's hair starts to fall out, usually in patches. The degree of hair loss varies from person to person.
Rarely, the person loses all the hair on his or her head (alopecia areata totalis) or whole body (alopecia areata universalis). The person’s genetics may trigger the autoimmune response of alopecia areata, alongside other unknown triggers. For a few people, hair becomes back yet drops out again later. Some people’s hair does grow back. Every case is exceptional. The condition usually occurs when white platelets attack the cells in the hair follicles, making them shrink.
While researchers are uncertain why these changes take place, it appears that hereditary traits are included, as alopecia areata will probably happen in a person who has a relative with the same illness. One in five individuals with the infection have a relative who has also developed alopecia areata. It is also believed that it mostly occurs in people with a family history of other autoimmune diseases such as arthritis or type 1 diabetes.
Alopecia areata cannot be cured but it can be managed in terms of symptoms and hair can grow back. By and large, alopecia areata is treated with medications that are used for different conditions. Treatment choices for alopecia areata include:
- Corticosteroids: These are anti-inflammatory medications that are recommended for immune system illnesses. Corticosteroids can be given in the form of an injection into the scalp or different areas, orally (as a pill), or applied as a balm or a cream.
- Topical immunotherapy: This kind of treatment might be used if the baldness or hair loss recurs. The irritation that the medicines cause may cause hair regrowth.
- Rogaine (minoxidil): This topical medication is now used as a treatment for hair loss. It for the most part takes around 12 weeks of treatment with Rogaine before hair starts to grow back.
A few people with alopecia areata use alternative therapy to treat their condition. These may include:
- Herbal supplements
- Wearing covers (wigs, caps, or scarves) to shield the head.
- A number of people with new-onset alopecia areata have had stress in life, for example, work, family, deaths, surgeries and accidents. Nonetheless, this has not been proven as a cause scientifically.
- Applying sunscreen to shield uncovered areas or patches from sunburns.
- Wearing shades to shield the eyes from the sun if the eyelashes have dropped out.
Lybrate | Dr. Santosh speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY