Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jatinder KaurYour feedback matters!
My daughter is in First trimester (7 weeks) . On U/S there is small blood clot in placenta. How long rest is advised and what is the treatment further.
I had my last period on 7 April and I had an unprotected sex with my bf on 13 April. I had an ipill immediately after that. After a week I got my virginal bleeding I had done blood test which was negative. Since I did not got my periods on expected date so I did the blood test which was negative and took deviry 2 whole packs. And now it's 20 I am having very bad leg pain. Which is the symptoms of periods. When will I get my periods. Today it's the 8 day after stopping that tablet.
Hello Dr. My age is 40 and wife 38 age. 4 years completed for our marriage. She has low amh level. We are trying for natural conceive from last year. I did semen test is 40m and other test are reports are normal for both. Is it possible to natural conceive or any medicine and suggestion for this. Or any test remaining for us to get result for natural conceived. I do not want to do ivf but if not possible I will go for this. Pls suggest how to get natural conceive with any medicine. Should I do the fallopian test for my wife. Pls help.
A breast lump is a restricted swelling, projection, lump or knot in the breast that doesn't feel like a breast tissue. There are diverse reasons why breast lumps occur.
Not all lumps are cancer. These can also be breast conditions that are not harmful and which can be easily curable.Knots that feel harder or are not the same as the rest of the breast need to be checked. This kind of irregularity might be an indication of breast cancer.
A self-examination should be your starting point. This is how you can detect a lump on your own:
Step 1: Begin by taking a look at your breast in the mirror. Keep your shoulders straight and your arms on your hips.
This is what you need to search for:
- Breasts that are their typical size, shape, and shading
- Breasts that are uniformly formed without distortion or swelling
In the event that you see any of the changes mentioned below, convey them to your doctor:
- Dimpling, puckering, or protruding of the skin
- A nipple that is not in its initial position
- Redness, rash or swelling
Step 2: Now, raise your arms and look for the changes mentioned above.
Step 3: While you're in front of the mirror, search for any indications of liquid or blood discharge from the nipples.
Step 4: Next, examine your breasts while resting.Use Your right hand to feel your left breast and use your left hand to feel your right breast. Cover the whole breast from your collarbone to the highest point of your mid-region, and from your armpit to your cleavage to search for any lumps.
Step 5:Examine your breasts while either standing or sitting. Many women find that the easiest approach to examine their breasts is when their skin is wet, so this step could be done while taking a bath as well.
- Mammogram: Mammography is a technique using X-rays to diagnose and locate tumours of the breasts.
- Breast ultrasound: Breast ultrasound utilises sound waves to create pictures of the breasts from the inside.
- Breast MRI:This involves using an effective and attractive field, and radio frequency pulses to create photos of the insides of the breasts.
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy: During this sort of biopsy, utilising ultrasound imaging to discover the bump, a radiologist will give you anesthesia and afterward insert a needle into the lump to evacuate some tissue for assessment under a magnifying lens. Stereotactic biopsy and an X-ray-guided biopsy may also be used.
- In case the knot turns out to be cancerous, surgery is typically performed.
- You may have a few discussions with different doctors for additional treatment, including radiation treatment and chemotherapy or hormone treatment.
I àm 18 n is having pcos from last 6 months but didn't took any medication for this. I have bilateral pcos earlier only my absent periods were d symptoms but now I am gaining a lot of weight. What should I do? now I get my periods but they get delayed but I am gaining weight.
Her period cycle was 16th of Feb but it don't happen. So she was expecting to be pregnant. She don't have periods till 26th of Feb which is 10 days and she did check using PREGANEWS pregnancy TEST and the colors were light which slightly indicated pregnancy what she assumed then all of sudden she had periods on 27th morning. She is very depressed and disappointed with this. Can someone help.
Vaginal dryness can be caused due to a range of factors, including hormonal alterations, medicine side effects, psychological factors like stress and anxiety and much more. Female lubrication begins as your hormones signal your brain that you are being aroused sexually.
There is swelling in the inner and outer vaginal lips and your vulvovaginal glands start secreting fluids to help the process of penetration. But some women find it really difficult to feel wet and ready for the intercourse and experience painful intercourse before they finally lose interest in the whole act of lovemaking. Before you give up hope, ask yourself these few important questions and make the necessary changes to help yourself lubricate enough while enjoying intimate acts.
Are you too stressed out?
This is one of the most important reasons behind the lack of sexual drive in both men and women. It also occurs when you are ageing and approaching menopause. Lack of proper lubrication also takes place as your hormones rise and then fall, and you can consider meditating or performing a few yoga exercises in the morning to help your sex health.
Are you on a medication?
There are certain antibiotics and other medicines that lead to vaginal dryness as a form of a side effect and your sex health would come back to its normal state after seven days of finishing the course.
Are you hurrying too much?
It can so happen that your regular sexual activity is demanding for a longer course of foreplay, such as kissing, touching and cuddling, so that you get the time to become fully aroused. There are some erogenous spots in your body that crave for attention, and you can try a new position or a new sex toy or probably go with playful stroking and kissing all over the body to get stimulated.
Is everything about your diet alright?
Your diet mirrors how your body is going to respond to various situations. It is good to include loads of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables in your diet and curb down those sweet meats, cream coffees, fries and junk foods and drink more water. You can also consider incorporating zinc and vitamin supplements as they help in lubrication.
Thankfully, these ways of handling lubrication issues are much easier than estrogen inserts. If you are experiencing symptoms like hot flashes owing to vaginal dryness, you can go for an oral medication as prescribed by a health expert.
Follow these 6 changes to your lifestyle to feel better and live healthier-
1) King’s Breakfast: Most people don't feel like eating much at breakfast, esp. the late nighters. However, ignoring or skipping breakfast sets a bad rhythm for the rest of your day and weakens your immune system. Having breakfast is a must and the ideal breakfast is one which is low in carbs and has a good portion of protein. For people short on time, a seasonal fruit with raw nuts and a little yogurt can be a good option.
2) Water Intake: Drinking inadequate water causes dehydration inside and can lead to a number of issues. Most common issues are headaches, dry skin, impaired sleep, joint problems, poor concentration as well as digestive disorders. Best way to address this problem is to keep water handy wherever you are. Try to drink about two litres of water each day. More, if its hot or after workouts.
3) Sleep Well: Sleep time is rejuvenation for your body. If you don't get enough sleep, you will deprive your body the time to recover and tackle whatever the next day has to offer. Try to be in bed earlier and get atleast 7 hours of sleep.
4) Physical Training: A good mix of aerobic as well as resistance training is quite important for your health. You feel more energetic and productive when you physically work out. Folks who exercise regularly are generally happier than those who are inactive.
5) Stress Releasing: Stress is a major factor in inducing various forms of illnesses. Stress must not accumulate. Try to give yourself some time every week to do things that you enjoy – it can be reading or meditating or enjoying the outdoors.
6) No Self Medication: Often one wrong medicine causes much more harm than any medicine at the right time, does good. Try to avoid popping pills without doctor’s recommendation. Many side effects or reactions to an existing medication or condition can lead to uncalled for problems and complications later. Don’t rely on sources like chemist or a relative to guide you, they might not look at the right details due to lack of knowledge. Say no to self medication.
Have any further questions? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.
Hi im 18 years female me and my boyfriend were naked on bed and our genitals were touching each other and he finished on my inner thighs and wiped soon after it. My hymens are intact because im a virgin. And we did not have intercourse. Will I get pregnant?
My wife having issues with white discharge and during this period she is having lots of pain in legs below knees. Also even in normal days she is having this leg pain issues.
A pancreatic transplantation or pancreas transplantation refers to the surgical procedure, which involves replacing a dysfunctional pancreas with a healthy one. The donor of the pancreas is usually a deceased person. Pancreas is an important organ of the body as it produces several important hormones, which play significant roles regulating in our body cycles. Pancreas transplantation is usually performed for the treatment of type 1 diabetes which is linked to the inability of the pancreas to produce the insulin hormone.
A pancreas transplant is considered as one of the potential cures for type 1 diabetes. However it is not considered to be a standard treatment due to complications, such as:
- Rejection of graft by the recipient body or similar complications
- The medications which are given to prevent the rejection can have serious side effects too
- Certain complications like blood clots or infections can occur following the procedure
- Failure to control the blood sugar levels and rejection of the graft or complete pancreatic failure are Common complications that occur after a pancreas transplant.
These are the primary reasons why pancreas transplant is often considered to be one of the last measures of treating diabetes. Nevertheless, there are certain conditions where a pancreas transplant is worth considering. Some of the conditions include diabetes which cannot be controlled with the usual treatment procedure, chronic poor blood sugar control, insulin reactions which turns chronic or a serious kidney disease.
Certain medications are also prescribed for anti rejection purposes. These medications need to be taken after the operation for the rest of your life to prevent rejection of the donor graft. These medications can have a few adverse side effects. Some of the side effects include hypertension, thinning of your bones, unwanted weight gain and a rise in your cholesterol levels. Swollen gums or acne are also observed in several cases.
Often a pancreas transplant is carried out along with a kidney transplant, especially if you have a serious kidney condition. It helps to provide a healthy kidney and a pancreas and also reduces a risk of kidney damage caused due to diabetes later in the future.
Do I really have an Eating Disorder? Cause I have these symptoms. Breast Tenderness, Nausea, Cannot go to sleep well, Frequent urination with small amount of urine, feeling cold when I'm in a windy area, Abdominal Pain a little, Always craving, skipped a period. Plss. I'm very worried cause I've searched it on google about pregnancy it's very similar to this symptoms but then also similar to eating disorders! I've never tried having sex with men! Never ever! except just rubbing my vagina with my pants on.:(I'm sorry I have to mention that. By the way I ate very late like breakfast and did not ate in lunch and I just ate a little in dinner. And drink a lot of softdrinks. Plsss help
Hi, today I consulted with doctor n suggested me to have come-50 n Melmet-500. We are planning for Children. I do have Pcod in both ovaries with centimeter follicles. What are the benefits and side effects of come-50?
My mother has hb of 7. She has problem of menorrhagia. She has started on cycloreg. What should I do next?
Styloid process enlargement causing pain is a rare problem called Eagle's syndrome or stylalgia.
Symptoms include foreign body sensation in throat,pain during swallowing or neck movement .
On palpation of the tosillar fossa of the affected side there is pain.
Generally stylalgia occurs due to compression of the sympathetic nerve bundle around the carotid vessels by the enlarged Styloid process or calcified Stylohyoid ligament.
You will need to get an orthopantomography done?That's an xray of your mandible,maxillary, teeth which also shows the Styloid process.We measure the length of Styloid process and if it's causing pain it's generally equal to or more than 20mm.
Confirmation of diagnosis may be done by intra oral lignocaine injection before going for surgery which is the most recommended treatment in case of confirmed Stylalgia. A CT scan is a good tool preoperatively for a good estimate of size ,angulation and relation of the Styloid process with other structures.Depending on position a tonsillectomy may be needed to approach the Styloid process intra operatively.
However if not willing for surgery immediately under a doctor's supervision a trial of Carbamazepine may be started.But since this drug has some side effects including bone marrow depression and skin rashes a routine blood test(Haemoglobin ,CBC) before starting the drug has to be done.This drug should strictly be taken under a doctor’s prescription after the blood tests.