Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jasvine Chawla SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, Around five months back I took abortion pills and due to unsuccessful process get d&c. Due to negative blood group Doctor said it may be any problem that can cause I will never be able to conceive. Please suggest me what test I can have so that I will know I can conceive again or not.
What is neuropathic pain?
Neuropathic pain is a special type of pain which occurs when there is damage to nerve fibers,which produces tingling or burning type of pain.It is of two types:
2. Central Neuropathic pain: It occurs due to sensitization of central pain interpreting mechanisms (Thalamus) to falsely feel pain, when peripheral nerve fibers are no longer sending pain impulses to them.
Worldwide-estimates of prevalence of neuropathic pain are 7% i.e. 7 persons out of 100 people are suffering from different types of neuropathic pain.
a.Tingling sensation or feeling of ants crawling under skin
c. Sharp shooting pain or electric current-like sensation
d. Stabbing pain
e. Dull pain with numbness or heaviness
Reasons for neuropathic pain:
2. Alcohol consumption/Cigarette smoking: Damage to nerve fibers or damage to blood vessels supplying nerve fibers.
3. Neck pain/Low Back pain/ Glutei pain
4. Vit. B12 deficiency
6. Post-Herpes virus infection
7. Post-Spine surgery
9. Diseases like Spinal cord injury,multiple sclerosis, HIV, Lead toxicity, etc.
a. Carpal tunnel syndrome: Tingling, burning sensation in hand which occurs due to compression of median nerve in wrist area. It occurs in women especially due to pregnancy, hypothyroidism,diabetes, etc. and in men due to improper position of wrist during working on computers.
b. Cervical Radiculopathy: Pain in neck and shoulder region (which increases with neck movements), along with sharpshooting pain radiating from neck to hand occurs in cases of cervical radiculopathy. This is due to compression of cervical nerve root by disc prolapse, facet subluxation, muscle spasm, trauma,etc.
c. Lumbar Radiculopathy: Pain in lower back or glutei region with sharp shooting pain radiating from hip to leg/foot region, occurs in cases of Lumbar radiculopathy or Sciatica. This is due to compression of lumbar nerve root or sciatic nerve by disc prolapse, facet joint, trauma, hypertrophied ligamentum flavum, piriformis syndrome, etc.
d. Meralgia paresthetica: Tingling or burning sensation in front of thigh, occurs due to compression of lateral cutaneous nerve of thigh, near waist region. Usual causes are tight or constrictive clothing at waist region, prolonged sitting, protuberant abdomen,etc.
Prevention of Neuropathy:
a. AVOID Alcohol consumption and cigarette smoking.
b. Maintain ideal body weight / BMI (Body mass index)
c. Life-style changes: Daily exercises (>30 minutes per day) or brisk walking or swimming; Avoid prolonged sitting or standing (>30 minutes).
d. Food/Diet should have following components:
- Green vegetables e.g. spinach, fenugreek leaves (methi), radish,etc.
- Coloured vegetables e.g. Tomato, carrot, Capsicum (green/red), ladies-finger (bhindi).
- Milk products e.g.Milk, buttermilk, curd, cheese (paneer)
- Protein-rich foods e.g. Fish, egg, chicken, pulses(daal)
- Fiber-rich foods e.g. Bran, oats, Brown-rice.
- Fruits e.g. Apple, orange, guava, papaya, pomegranate, Berries.
e. Blood sugar control (in diabetics)
f. Care of feet:
- Regular inspection of feet (with mirror).
- Comfortable,well-fitted shoes.
- Regularconsultation with podiatrist.
- Treatmentof wounds, foot deformities
g. Adequate sleep
h. Warm water bath (increases blood flow to affected area)
I and my gf doing sex for five years now bt in starting days due to lack of knowledge and adult mind we had sex without condom. She took contraceptive 6-7 times in starting one year. But after dat we always use protection. Now will it affect her pregnancy after marriage?
Anxiety is a very normal emotion, which gives rise to feelings of nervousness every now and then. An anxiety disorder is a serious medical condition in which people experience a high degree of distress and mental trauma, which causes difficulties in leading a normal life. People suffering from this medical condition experience high levels of anxiety and nervousness almost all the time. Here are the symptoms that indicate you're suffering from anxiety disorder.
1. Excessive worry - This condition persists if you worry about the day to day activities a bit too much on a regular basis. It is identified when you start taking too much stress about very petty things, which tends to affect you in an adverse manner. A noticeable sign of excessive worry can be too much fatigue.
2. Sleep problems - Problems falling asleep at the right time and problems in maintaining a sound sleep are two signs that indicate you have an anxiety disorder.
3. Irrational fears - This symptom is not generalized; instead, it is specific and subjective in relation to a particular thing or situation. The fears that are experienced under this category are sudden and unexpected in nature and there is no fixed rationale behind these fears.
4. Muscle tension - Muscle discomfort and pain is one of the leading physiological causes of an anxiety disorder. The pain felt is chronic and pervasive, and is very common among people facing situations of anxiety. If you are exposed to constant periods of anxiety, you will experience fatigue, muscle pains and unwillingness to work.
5. Chronic indigestion - Problems related to the digestive system are also a sign of anxiety disorder. In this case, you may face constant digestive problems accompanied by a common disorder called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). IBS refers to an anxiety situation in the digestive tract, which is characterized by stomach aches, cramping, bloating, gas, constipation, and/or diarrhea.
Apart from the above-mentioned symptoms, other symptoms of an anxiety disorder include stage fright, self- consciousness, panic attacks, memory flashbacks, perfectionism, compulsive behaviors, self- doubt, and such others.