Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jasvine Chawla SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pain in my left breast's right side. When I touch that affected area of pain only than then it's happen n clot also feel that side Suggest me something please that what to do?
My HCG values are 335.70. I need to know I am pregnant or not. I have tested thought KIT also. BUt found one dark pink and one faint line. So not sure what actually it is. Please suggest.
Some medicine/syrup has the exp. Date as best before 24 month. I want to know that can we use these medicine/syrup after that best period or it can not be used after best period mention on the label?
Using contraceptive methods is the easiest method for a couple to avoid pregnancy and enjoy a tension free physical relationship. People have used birth control methods for thousands of years. Today, we have many safe and effective birth control methods available to us.
All of us who need birth control want to find the method that is best for us. If you're trying to choose, learning about each method may help you make your decision. Only you can decide what is best for you. Some contraceptives, such as condoms, will also protect a person from sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
The methods can be categorised into temporary and permanent methods.
1. Withdrawal method: This involves removing the penis from the vagina before ejaculating. Ejaculation should be away from the introitus. However it requires extreme self-control on the part of your man.
2. Barrier methods: These methods prevent sperm from entering the uterus. Barrier methods are removable. Types of barrier methods include:
a. Condom: This is the oldest barrier method. A condom is a thin tube that the man puts over his penis. This keeps the sperm from getting to the egg. Condoms are also called rubbers.
b. Female condom: This is like a condom, but it goes in the woman's vagina.
c. Diaphragm and cervical cap: These are put in the woman's vagina to cover the cervix
d. Contraceptive sponge: This is a sponge that is filled with spermicide and is put in the woman's vagina over the cervix.
Barrier methods can be easy to use and have few side effects.
3. Hormonal methods: These can only be used by women. Hormonal methods cause changes in the woman's reproductive cycle and include birth control pills, Birth Control Patches, Emergency contraception pill, Implants and so on. Unlike barrier methods, hormonal methods do not interfere with sex.
4. Intrauterine methods: In this method an object called an intrauterine device or IUD is put in the woman's uterus. There are two types of IUD: the copper IUD or an IUD with hormones implanted on it. The hormonal IUD has better protection against pregnancy but costs more. You need not do anything once it is inserted. Also it is effective for up to 10 years.
Of course, the permanent methods are more effective for preventing pregnancy than the temporary methods. The decision to proceed with a permanent method should only be made if a person is absolutely sure that no more children are desired. The biggest problems after a permanent procedure is regret that it was done.
1. Sterilization: Sterilization is a permanent form of birth control that prevents a woman from getting pregnant. These procedures usually are not reversible.
a. A sterilization implant is a non surgical method for permanently blocking the fallopian tubes. The doctor places a coil in each Fallopian tube through the vagina and uterus block each tube completely. It may take up to 3 months to completely block the tubesb.
b.Tubal ligation is a surgical procedure in which a doctor cuts the fallopian tubes. This procedure blocks the path between the ovaries and the uterus. The sperm cannot reach the egg to fertilize it and the egg cannot reach the uterus.
c. Vasectomy is a surgical procedure that consists in cutting the tubes that carry sperm. This procedure blocks the path between the testes and the urethra due to which the sperm cannot leave the testes and hence cannot reach the egg. It can take as long as 3 months for the procedure to be fully effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My wife has a dry vagina. And it is difficult to penetrate so I use different lubricants. Also we are planning for a baby. I dont know if I should use it. Please guide me what to do?
Winters approaching dear friends. Time to take care of yourself and your skin. It is important for men as well as women as winter can damage your skin, nails and hair.
Incorporate nuts in your diet,
Drink plenty of water,
Keep your skin moisturized, choose your moisturizer carefully,
Apply sunscreen when going out
Try not wearing socks while sleeping,
Use as less of heaters and humidifiers as possible,
Do not take showers with too hot water,
Increase your ghee intake a little bit in winters,
Jaggery is also very good as it provides warmth from inside,
Apply some ghee in your navel to treat chapped lips,
Before sleeping wash your face, hands and feet properly and apply glycerine mixed with gulab jal overnight.
I am breastfeeding the baby and there was some blood and pus below the nipple. Now I am applying the ointment, but the lumps are getting formed and I have to expel every 1 hr. How to prevent lumps? And can I use nipple shields from next time? As baby is getting teeth, I think because of sharp teeth I am facing this issue.
Dear doctor, Kungumapoo (saffron) is it good for pregnant women? If yes, when will start this after pregnancy? This will take milk with protein powder? Or separately drink? Thank u.
I am 21 years old and unmarried. I have problem of irregular periods. I have habit of eating slate pens. Please suggest me the medicine name to regulate my periods ?
I want unprotected sex but not want to be pregnant Pls suggest me the best medicine to use regular basis.
What food and what times of juice should be taken during pregnancy. Two times I got abortion. Because fetal pole not seen. Now My urine test is positive. Now what I should do for my fetal pole growth. And taking strone 200, f safe, lyco vital tablets from my doctor advise. It is ok or I should take some other medicines.
Looking at Prince William holding his young one in his arms, leaving the hospital after the birth of his new born child was a pleasant sight. Men have a very important role in the process of pregnancy and child birth. It's challenging for fathers to be actively involved in pregnancy although no one doubts the fact that some of them become super dads while raising their kids.
- Research shows that Fathers are needed: Studies have proved that infants whose fathers had minimal involvement in pregnancy were more likely to be born premature and with low birth weight. Sometimes your physical and emotional presence is all that is required during pregnancy. So here let's have a look for role of dad in pregnancy and prepare quarterly roster.
- Be prepared to welcome the little one: Planning to start a family is a water shed moment for parents and the delivery of the ''Good news" certainly brings along mixed feelings of excitement and nervousness. It's like an examination schedule that has been pinned on the notice board. Husbands have a calming effect on moms in managing morning sickness. They have the responsibility to encourage her for a balanced and nutritious diet apart from planning antenatal visits to obstetrics clinic. They also take care of pregnancy mood swings of her partner because it's the hormones that are affecting and also be conscious and sensitive while making love in pregnancy.
- Be prepared for all circumstances: Dads need to be prepared to handle the odd symptoms of pregnancy and should find out about what they have should do. They can get references for mood related aspects. You can support the health of your partner by cooking and eating healthy meals together and exercising together. Prepare yourself for moving to a new place. Make a list of the hospitals that are not far and stay in touch always with your wife as it could be bit of emergency anytime. Plan for hospital stay and be a helping hand. Also try and engage your own parents so that they can also be a part of your training for baby care. Attending child birth classes together helps a lot to prepare you for arrival of new born.
Do get actively involved in labour and cord cutting also a father has a lot of role in successful breast feeding. It is best that you get more involved with your wife in the 9 months. The anticipation of a new one coming to your house should grip your imagination. Remember for many parents, it is the best time of their life's.
Why periods go n come back again I don't bleed 5 th day n 6 th day it's come back which day should I assume as first day of period when I spot or continue flow of my period? please help?
Happy durga puja folks!
This puja, celebrate the triumph of good over evil by enjoying these 5 delectable authentic bengali dishes that are packed with health benefits. You can easily prepare these at home or even enjoy them over a family meal at a bengali-cuisine restaurant.
1. Nolen gurer sandesh: this sumptuous bengali sweet is prepared with paneer or cottage cheese from fresh milk and grated date palm jaggery or nolen gur and a bit khoa. Sandesh is a healthy take on desserts comprising of high-protein ingredient paneer and date palm jaggery that has a body-warming effect during winter. The latter also cleans your respiratory tracts and digestive system. You can easily make this little delight at home this puja. Decorate by adding pistachios, almonds and saffron strands for flavour. You can even add few pieces of dry fig or anjeer for enhancing taste.
2. Ilish macher jhol: relish your festivities with this spicy hilsa or ilish fish curry prepared with mustard oil. Spices like nigella seeds, chillies and ginger paste make the dish aromatic. This exquisitely prepared dish has a crunchy layer outside and soft juicy fish inside making it a perfect bite. Hilsa is rich in omega 3 fatty acid that helps in developing a healthy brain and nervous system as well as healthy heart and gut. This variety of fish needs very little oil to cook so you can have it guilt-free smoked, steamed or even baked teamed with a bed of fragrant rice.
3. Shukto: shukto is authentic to bengali cuisine generally served as first course. It is a healthy and wholesome concoction of vegetables like raw papaya, raw bananas, brinjal, cluster beans, aubergine, bitter gourd, sweet potatoes, crunchy drumsticks and bitter melon. You can even cook this dish with freshly ground spices and ginger paste and cow milk/rice milk for the gravy. Shukto is a stew that needs very little spices because of the heady mix of flavour and it is very intestine friendly. It supports in proper secretion of digestive juices. You can add to it by squeezing 2 slices of gondhoraj lebu or the aroma king lemon to savour your taste buds.
4. Mishti doi: this delectable sweet yogurt is a light bengali dessert available in various seasonal fruity flavours. Mishti doi has a thick and dense texture with natural sweetening agents like jaggery or fruits making it a healthy choice. You can even add dry fruits to give the yogurt a crunchy zest. Yogurt is loaded with vitamins, minerals, fibers, helps you feel full for long and prevents osteoporosis, irritable bowel syndrome, digestive problems and liver diseases.
5. Oats khichuri: another indispensable item from a bengali thali, khichuri is traditionally prepared from rice, pulses, spices and vegetables. Giving it a healthy twist you can savour this delight guilt-free by replacing rice by oats. Oatmeal khichuri is a wholesome dish with protein from the dal and oats along with various colourful vegetables available in winter which makes it a nutritious choice for puja brunches and bhogs rejoiced by children and adults alike. You can add fragrance to this dish from spices like cinnamon and cloves.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
Women are not only more talkative than men but are also known to speak faster than them. Both men and women have a different speaking rate. On an average, women have been found to speak 250 words per minute. In contrast, men speak only about 125 words per minute.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
Madam 8 years back i did abortion two times, now I want child, but i am not getting pregnant. What shall I do?
Lucid dreaming is any dream where you’re aware that what you’re experiencing is a dream. It takes place during your REM sleep (a sleep state that is characterised by random and quick eye movements alongside muscle paralysis). A study conducted on lucid dreaming shows that this form of dreaming comes with an increased activity in those areas of the brain that are, in general, dormant during sleep.
There are quite a few techniques of lucid dreaming. One of the ways is to maintain a dream journal, where you write down the dream you’ve had just after waking up. This trains your brain to remember your dreams so that you can consciously enter into a state of dreaming.
Lucid dreaming has impressive health benefits you’d be surprised to know about.
1. Develops your memory
Both lucid sleep and dreaming enable you to reinforce everything you may have learned when you were awake. They also enable you to consciously select the things that you want to remember.
While sleep, in general, is responsible for solidifying the memories that you create when you’re awake, dreams, in particular, are responsible for solidifying your episodic memory. Standing for the memory of your personal experiences of a particular place and time, episodic memory performs the function of a muscle memory (memory that is concerned with the development of motor skills) and helps you to learn new skills, while perfecting the skills you already have.
3. Helps in improving your game
In this context, lucid dreaming can significantly improve your gaming skills as you get the chance to practice them in the dream world. A study shows that the neurons that get activated when you dream of scoring a goal is the same as those when you’re scoring the goal in the real world. So, the visualisation of the act of scoring enables you to improve your performance in the real world.
3. Helps in overcoming anxiety
Being in a lucid dream gives you the opportunity to practice any number of terrifying scenarios, so that you can make changes as and when you want to in order to overcome anxiety.
Representing a state between being wakeful and in a REM sleep, lucid dreaming offers you with the possibility to push your boundaries where you can be anyone and do anything. It can be a good stress relieving mechanism.
4. It improves your sleep
One of the biggest benefits of lucid dreaming is that it augments your overall sleep quality by making you more aware of your dreams, and subsequently of your sleep. Awareness is an important factor for getting sound sleep since it helps in experiencing true relaxation. The outcome is you end up feeling more rested and refreshed. Gaining control over your dreams can also help in reducing nightmares, thereby improving your sleep.